We need an Age of Sigmar video game

Arkalid

Like honestly, I want to be able to command my Daughters of Khaine across the Mortal Realms against Nighthaunts and Daemons in a game that would be a mix of Total War map and Dawn of War 1 battles (would suit better than Total War battle system, I think). Might be difficult to capture the combo-building aspect of the tabletop version, but it would be a blast.

I'd dig an arpg as a knight questor. Each time you die you get reforged and experience... changes. Peoples faces become blurs, everyone who's been in contact with chaos becomes tainted or demonic in your eyes, days and years pass between reforgings so the world changes and certain characters and quest are no longer available or become available. Kind of how infinity blade worked on phones, that game had a fun death system. Hell getting reforged to continually assault a tower of a gaunt summoner chipping away until you can overcome it only for it to not be over because tzeentch could work well with that system.

Give us skyport tycoon! 

I can also see gorechosen becoming a fun battle royale game in a bug coliseum type arena. 

Or an ARPG where you play as a man eater wandering the realms taking jobs and discovering delicious new cultures. 

Really with the scope of AOS there are bound to be some really good opportunities to translate into video games. 

I fully expect the CA team to take their Total War Warhammer and break the world open in the 3rd game. Considering that the second game has been about breaking the world protecting vortex it makes sense that they will lead it to the end of the old world. Then they can work on Total War Age of Sigmar - a game in 15 parts (which should be enough 6-7 faction parts to catch up with GW's current desire to flood the market with a billion different Sigmar armies ;))

Considering how well the TW Warhammer game has done for CA and GW I can't imagine that they won't continue the contract there. 

49 minutes ago, Overread said:

I fully expect the CA team to take their Total War Warhammer and break the world open in the 3rd game. Considering that the second game has been about breaking the world protecting vortex it makes sense that they will lead it to the end of the old world. Then they can work on Total War Age of Sigmar - a game in 15 parts (which should be enough 6-7 faction parts to catch up with GW's current desire to flood the market with a billion different Sigmar armies ;))

Considering how well the TW Warhammer game has done for CA and GW I can't imagine that they won't continue the contract there. 

Yeah no lol. Their next games are confirmed romance of the three kingdoms then warhammer 3. After that who knows. AoS I feel doesn’t quite have enough factions yet and their rosters are too small and limited for a total war style game. 

Well Total War Warhammer is a game in 3 parts. The 3rd part is basically going to be full of chaos factions so a prime reason to "end the old world" in their own way. So yes TW Age of Sigmar is many years off yet; but I think it would be the natural progression. 

I don’t play total war warhammer, but love watching battles on youtube, and unit breakdown. Im really happy they kept the old worl alive throuh total war, and I hope once all the races are done they’d look to AoS. My readoning though that they havent is that the mythos and army rosters are no where nesr complete. AoS has just reached its second edition but the factions are still being filled out. Light Elves, Dark Elves, Grots, Darkoath (and thats just from what we more or less know). Doesn't include any redos or suprise races like Idoneth.

@Arkalid I agree dawn of war 1 would be a better platform, could start with the established armies. Stormcast and freepeople, Ironjawz and other greenskinz (maybe some ogors). Dwarfs and Kharadrons  Overlords, Fyreslayers. Chaos, Skaven.

I remeber Age of Mytholgy gave you access to different units by selecting different major and minor gods, a similar medhanic would be great so you can half a unit of Fyreslayers in you frontline backed by an ironweld arsenal. 

don't forget a lot of the Sigmar armies are designed to be allied together; so TW could still do it and just form their own minor alliances within the grand alliances. Plus its going to be at least 3 or 4 years off so plenty of time for GW to at least flesh out the lore if not the actual armies. 

Painting.  

Gaming.

List building

Tweeting

listening to podcasts

watching you tube

Club Nights

chatting with mates.  

running events

Give me another 5 hours a day and I will play your video games!!!!!!!

@Ben Easy!

1) Multitask! Painting and list building can be easily combined with listening to podcasts and watching youtube videos! So there are two things straight off the list! 

2) Chatting with mates we can strip down to happen only on club nights; and when running events! We can also put gaming on those nights too!

3) Tweeting is for birdies so we can take that one out entirely!

That's already shortened your list by lots, but we can do better!

DELEGATION!

First up running events can be made a lot easier and simpler by delegating key tasks to other people to do. That will instantly save you loads out time!

That all done together plus a few other shortcuts - like brushing your teeth whilst listening to the news - and that should easily save you at least 4 if not 6 hours a day! 

9 hours ago, Mincemeat said:

Give us skyport tycoon! 

Be careful of what you wish for ?. I can already see in my head Kharadron skyport mobile game:

"Alright, let's build a new ship! Oh it looks like you're running low on aether coins mate. Wait 24h for our ships to return with more coins or buy aether coins for only 1.99 dollars for 100 coins! Or buy the Grungni-Bundle for best value, only 59.99!"

2 hours ago, Kronos said:

I don’t play total war warhammer, but love watching battles on youtube, and unit breakdown. Im really happy they kept the old worl alive throuh total war, and I hope once all the races are done they’d look to AoS. My readoning though that they havent is that the mythos and army rosters are no where nesr complete. AoS has just reached its second edition but the factions are still being filled out. Light Elves, Dark Elves, Grots, Darkoath (and thats just from what we more or less know). Doesn't include any redos or suprise races like Idoneth.

For "Total Warhammer 4: The Age of Sigmar" they would only need to add one faction: the Stormcast Eternals. Then rebalance all the other factions they already have to fit into the 4 Grand Alliances: Order, Death Destruction and Chaos. Come up with the Maps for the 7 playable Realms and let us play through the RealmGate Wars. Adding any new AoS factions besides the Stormcast would be something for the second game and beyond. Believe me rebalancing everything and coming up with the realms is a lot of work, more than enough for a new game.

I would want a video game based on Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower. Probably similar to Dragon Age where you have a party of 4 that you can switch between but I'd like it to control more like Darksiders, with the fast action and intuitive controls. Thats the AoS game I would want to play.

A Dawn of War-style skirmish game would be everything. One faction for each Grand Alliance- Stormcast, Nighthaunt, Tzeentch and... I don't know. Improved Ironjawz or whatever Moonclan turn out to be? And then just pump out the faction expansions and watch the money roll in.

A classic rpg where you play a witch-hunter or lord veritant investigating cults in one of the free cities would be cool, you slowly build a party of skilled allies maybe a shadowblade assassin, a battlemage, a knight questor ect. and combat both chaos and death cults. Add in plenty of side quests and stories for each of your party members. Would be a great chance to flesh out the order of azyr and dig further into life in the free cities.

Alternatively the 1 vs 1000 style of dynasty warriors games feels like it would fit well with AoS. Morathi starting off in normal form and then exploding into her true form when her rage meter hits maximum would be perfect.

17 hours ago, SupportOnly said:

4 Faction PvP focused MMORPG.Each Army is a class with several subspecs.

Like a whole WORLD of Warhammer!

All joking aside I would absolutely love the hell out of a game like this. Give us big territory campaigns like For Honor does where you can contribute by doing the usual MMORPG quests (making people feel more like they're connected to the game world thank just 'collect 40 boar eyebrows'). Toss in a story mode featuring the named heroes of AoS and I'm subscribed.

Archived