Tenebrael Shard way to go for Mixed Order?

Silchas_Ruin

Played a Order list with a fun little ally combo.

Tenebrael Shard + Sword of Judgement. Yeah, thats it. 

On 4+ he can teleport into combat anywhere on the table. He then gets +1 to hit if he does and has 6 attacks. So thats 6 attacks that do D6 mortal wounds on 5+ against heroes and monsters. Talk about a cheap Sniper.  Can kill anything, sure you should only count on him taking out a regular hero. But if your opponent brings something like Alarielle you give it a go. You probably take her down a bracket or 2 and if you get great rolls its: "hey Alarielle, bye Alarielle".  Not bad for 120 points and a artifact slot.

Short Answer, it doesn't work.

Telebrael Shard is a named Character, and named characters can't get artefacts (Page 17 Rulepdf)

NAMED CHARACTERS
Named characters such as Nagash,
Archaon and Alarielle are singular
and mighty warriors, with their own
personalities and artefacts of power.
As such, these models cannot have a
command trait or artefact of power.

Edit:

The, it sounded like a name, but after looking at the scroll and the pitched battle profile he isn't handled as a named character. Okay my bad.

43 minutes ago, Silchas_Ruin said:

On 4+ he can teleport into combat anywhere on the table. He then gets +1 to hit if he does and has 6 attacks. So thats 6 attacks that do D6 mortal wounds on 5+ against heroes and monsters. Talk about a cheap Sniper.  Can kill anything, sure you should only count on him taking out a regular hero. But if your opponent brings something like Alarielle you give it a go. You probably take her down a bracket or 2 and if you get great rolls its: "hey Alarielle, bye Alarielle".  Not bad for 120 points and a artifact slot.

I like the idea, sounds like a good combo ! And I think both Tenebrael Shard and Mistweaver Saih are great, characterful models, my only regret is they do not ally with any other Aelven races... 

45 minutes ago, Silchas_Ruin said:

120 points isn't nothing.. but an artifact slot can be major... but seems like it's worth a try.

Archived