Age of Sigmar and Black Library

Overread

So I figure this might help not only me but some others too! 

I've decided that I want to read more about the world of Sigmar and the Realms but I have no idea where to begin. Whilst I'm aware that many of the Black Library publications are stand-alone, this isn't true of all of them. Plus I would assume that there is a general chronology of publication which is desirable to read them in so that elements introduced in one book flow into the following ones (even if they don't happen in a chronological series, its likely that elements presented in earlier publications will surface in latter ones). 

So fellow TGA members - HELP! 

Also what can their ebooks be read on - or more specifically can I read them on a kindle? (their FAQ sort of just talks about formats and doesn't give a specific answer).

Final question (and perhaps the most easy) which is the book(s) being read by Mr Blessed and has it been published in audio book format 

EDIT - answered my own last question - appears many/most/all? are on the Amazon kindle store for sale there!

9 minutes ago, Overread said:

So I figure this might help not only me but some others too! 

I've decided that I want to read more about the world of Sigmar and the Realms but I have no idea where to begin. Whilst I'm aware that many of the Black Library publications are stand-alone, this isn't true of all of them. Plus I would assume that there is a general chronology of publication which is desirable to read them in so that elements introduced in one book flow into the following ones (even if they don't happen in a chronological series, its likely that elements presented in earlier publications will surface in latter ones). 

So fellow TGA members - HELP! 

Also what can their ebooks be read on - or more specifically can I read them on a kindle? (their FAQ sort of just talks about formats and doesn't give a specific answer).

Final question (and perhaps the most easy) which is the book(s) being read by Mr Blessed and has it been published in audio book format 

https://m.facebook.com/GWWarhammerAgeofSigmar/posts/476521242544674

Covers reading order up to book 8.

They work fine on kindle (.mobi)- I believe you can buy direct from Amazon now, too.

Brian will be doing the new Gotrek audiobook, Realmslayer.

I think City of Secrets is the best jumping in point but if you would like some chronology then how about this:

Fury of Gork -> City of Secrets -> Spear of Shadows -> The Silver Shard

You start with a great Relamgate Wars and Stormcast book, characters of which will show up in Spear of Shadows. Both City and Spear feature Excelsis so there is some continuity there. Silver Shard follows on with the characters from city too.

Come to think of it, I might do a re-read in this order! Happy reading.

Archived