Cycle of the Storm

James S

Question

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, James S said:

Is there a FAQ for this ability? Seems like there are two ways to play it and I'm very confused. If anyone could point me in the right direction or explain it, I would be very much appreciative. Thanks guys.

What are the 2 ways? 

To me there’s only one way as wounds are allocated 1 at a time so if after using Cycle of the Storm there remains wounds to allocate they must continue to be allocated to the unit.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TheWolfLord said:

What are the 2 ways? 

To me there’s only one way as wounds are allocated 1 at a time so if after using Cycle of the Storm there remains wounds to allocate they must continue to be allocated to the unit.

I'm just asking since I was told that when the slain model comes back, all the damage is lost. I thought it was as you said.

So say I fight 10 Liberators. I do 25 damage that goes through. All the Liberators are slain and then one comes back to life. There is still 5 damage that hasn't been dealt. Is it lost or goes back on that Liberator?

Another example. This time for one model. Say a Stardrake. It has 2 wounds left, I do 10 damage that gets through. It is slain and then returned. All the extra damage is negated?

This is an incredibly strong ability of that is so.

4 hours ago, Somanlius said:

So does that mean that Cycle of the Storm have a very very limited utility? Someone has to score the exact ammout of wounds needed to kill a model in order for it to actually come back?

It's an ability that allows you to heal a wound inflicted on a unit that can override the  "slain models can't be healed" rule in the right conditions, and doesn't require a command point or casting roll.

Puhtayto, puhtahto.

Hi,

Sorry for the necromancy, but we have walked in an issue with this ability and couldn't find an answer.

What happen when a model is slain by ability like Cursed Stele or Hand of Dust ?

- Does the model come back with his full life ?
- Since the healing can't be resolved, does he stay dead ?

1 hour ago, Bigbru said:

Hi,

Sorry for the necromancy, but we have walked in an issue with this ability and couldn't find an answer.

What happen when a model is slain by ability like Cursed Stele or Hand of Dust ?

- Does the model come back with his full life ?
- Since the healing can't be resolved, does he stay dead ?

My answer would be that applying the heal is not a condition for the ability to trigger ("you can heal"), so they would come back to life to full health (or with the same amount of wounds they had before -1)