Preparing for the GT Final - Testing the Competitive AoS V2

Ninelives

Hello everyone,

I've been browsing the forum for a while now, and  I am a big fan of the 2nd edition, but I have to admit, it does feel a bit overwhelming, especially with all the Malign Sorcery and Realm Rules, applied to so many battletomes and armies.  I love that the game feels so much richer for it, but I fear I am way too underprepared for a tournament such as GT Final in October 13/14th. 

Would anybody be up to organise a series of game over a Weekend in Warhammer World,  the aim would be for us to try the 6 new scenarios using all the rules of the 2nd edition and get a chance at seeing how the armies perform?  

If there is interest I'd suggest putting down what Armies everybody's bringing and try to organise match up against the ones we don't usually have the chance to face. 

Having a quick look at WH World Events calendar, the weekend that seems free of events would be the 1st/2nd of September, but for everybody to have their armies ready last wkd of September would probably be best... 

Please let me know your thoughts !

Ninelives  

15 hours ago, AdamR said:

When we did the doubles there were loads of Maggotkin armies with Plaguebearer blobs. Gotta love those hit debuffs!

EDIT - BTW, is there a rules pack anywhere yet?

And they are so much fun to paint haha. 

Haven't seen one no.

1 hour ago, Andy Bryan said:

I could probably come down on the Saturday for a couple of games. I still can’t work out what army to take to the GT.

Well that would be an opportunity to get a feel for it, which ones are you thinking? 

(In my mind we should be pretty chill about these games as well, I wouldn't mind people changing Army lists or / Artefacts/ Command Traits in between games as the aim is really to practice! ) 

40 minutes ago, Ninelives said:

Well that would be an opportunity to get a feel for it, which ones are you thinking? 

(In my mind we should be pretty chill about these games as well, I wouldn't mind people changing Army lists or / Artefacts/ Command Traits in between games as the aim is really to practice! ) 

Good call, as I'm still choosing between 3 very different lists!

How is everybody approaching the finals? I took a fairly strong list tonthe heats and was pleased to qualify so the final is more of a reward weekend. I like the idea of just taking something a little different and quirky rather than trying to compete. 

37 minutes ago, Stevewren said:

How is everybody approaching the finals? I took a fairly strong list tonthe heats and was pleased to qualify so the final is more of a reward weekend. I like the idea of just taking something a little different and quirky rather than trying to compete. 

Well... I changed my army, and even if I think it's good I doubt I'll ever make top ten. My aim is to play my list as best as I could and try to win some games ! 

Archived