Armies on Parade 2018

dillonjay21

Hey everybody, thought this would be a cool thread to discuss potential ideas, questions, and just generally collaborate on armies on parade entries for this upcoming October. 

I am thinking about doing my night haunt army that comes from the realm of life that is based around a fallen prince trying to take back his kingdom in the forests of Ghryan. I just have some general questions going into it though. 

1) What do you guys think is the best base for an armies on parade board? A realm of battle tile, a d.i.y, or something else? 

2) Do you have any terrain ideas for my theme? Right now I am thinking of forests and probably a nice centerpiece homestead surrounded by a graveyard.

3) What are all of you thinking about doing?

1) Realm of battle board is convenient and substantial, generally they go on sale in GW stores around September time as single tiles.  You could alternatively use a 2x2 piece of wood with foam on the top and carve into it.  It'll allow you a more unique board, but at the cost of storage and transportation.

2) Trees, possibly a pond/lake/waterfeature.  I'd also suggest having a tower of some kind (or massive tree) to add height to the board.  It looks like it's going back to mixed 40k/AoS so you're going to need something big on the board to compete with things like Imperial Knights.  Try and match your miniature basing too - if you've snow on your bases, try and put at least a smattering of snow on the board.

3) Currently not given it any thought at all...  I'll probably use one of my generic painted grey boards and paint up some scenery to match my Legions army.  Probably need to start thinking about it soon though :S

Sorry to thread hijack without any constructive input but I've just got back into the game and therefore have an army to paint.  This sounded like a way to give that a deadline and stop it sliding like everything else always seems to.  I stand zero chance of competing against good painters/modellers but that is not something I'm worried about.  Can anyone direct me to any rules or  guidelines about this? 

Thanks in advance 

7 minutes ago, paul7926 said:

Sorry to thread hijack without any constructive input but I've just got back into the game and therefore have an army to paint.  This sounded like a way to give that a deadline and stop it sliding like everything else always seems to.  I stand zero chance of competing against good painters/modellers but that is not something I'm worried about.  Can anyone direct me to any rules or  guidelines about this? 

Thanks in advance 

Here you are :) 

https://armiesonparade.com/2018/08/02/2nd-aug-armies-on-parade-2018-it-begins/

Recently updated on the armies on parade website for 2018. I would also have a chat with your local GW manager to find out about any store-specific details/awards.

EDIT: FAQ here https://armiesonparade.com/2016/07/01/faq/

Archived