ChatBatFun

I absolutely love the Grot Scuttlings, the models are just amazing. I was wondering what faction do you think they fit the most? moonclan or spiderfang. I really hope gw builds on this idea and releases them as a full unit with an updated warscroll and of course points. They could be a great unit as they  move fast,  are annoying to kill due to those webs and could be brought in large numbers. Could they be a good ally for ironjawz? Like a vanguard unit sent ahead of the brutes and ardboys to secure objectives and harass the enemy with missile fire.

They have elements of both.  They are dressed like Moonclan and also have moon symbols on them.  But, they are obviously mutated with spider features.  This last part now falls under the fluff that is presented in the core rulebook for Spiderfang.  They specifically mention that some goblins are starting to mutate with spider features such as multiple eyes, multiple limbs, venomous bites, etc.

GW could honestly fit them into either faction if they wanted to.  Personally, if I would probably put them into Spiderfang if only because I would prefer not to mix themes with the various grot allegiances.  I would prefer Moonclan sticks to the themes of caves, fungus, and squigs and I would prefer for Spiderfang to have all things spider in it.

looking at their current warscroll, I would say a unit of 20 would be pointed about the same or slightly higher then the  grot infantry since their stats are comparable to them. the only difference is that Scuttlers have dual weapon options (2 attacks) instead of a shield options and moves one inch more then grot infantry.

Archived