Battletome: Beastclaw Raiders out August 6th

The Stronghold

The Huskards on Thundertusk is pretty amazing. Not only are they cheaper and chuck out 6 mortal wounds on full health, but the Huskard allows them to heal D3 each Hero Phase to keep you topped up and dishing out those aforementioned 6s with the breath attack.

Stonehorn paired with the healing pelt artefact is going to keep trucking for a loooong tiiimeee...

On July 30, 2016 at 0:42 AM, Emicus said:

The Huskards on Thundertusk is pretty amazing. Not only are they cheaper and chuck out 6 mortal wounds on full health, but the Huskard allows them to heal D3 each Hero Phase to keep you topped up and dishing out those aforementioned 6s with the breath attack.

Stonehorn paired with the healing pelt artefact is going to keep trucking for a loooong tiiimeee...

Sadly only a 50/50 chance for the power to go off... If you're going to be relying on it in any capacity, you'll want two Huskard on Thundertusk, which will give you two 3+ chances, or on 2+'s if you have a third tusk around. 

That said, I'm far more of a Stonehorn guy myself. Huskards on Stonehorn are amazing when used in conjunction with mournfangs, but unfortunately, do not take up the requisite Battleline roles.

Looking into filling Battalions, two require a Stonehorn Huskard and 1+ Stonehorn Beastriders, while the only one with Thundertusks requires a Huskard and 3+ Beastriders on them.

Personally I have a Lord, Huskard, and Beastrider on Stonehorns, and a single Beastrider on Thundertusk, and may make a Huskard on one just for the conversion opportunity.

For me I have 4 Thundertusks/Stonehorns on Order, I'm going to be doing 1 Frostlord on Stonehorn 2 Huskard on Thundertusks for the 3+ d3 heal and I'm not sure on the 4th yet.....as I'm going with 3 mournfang units as my battleline. I don't see using any battalion at 2k Cause none include a frostlord.

1 hour ago, LordDrakonus said:

For me I have 4 Thundertusks/Stonehorns on Order, I'm going to be doing 1 Frostlord on Stonehorn 2 Huskard on Thundertusks for the 3+ d3 heal and I'm not sure on the 4th yet.....as I'm going with 3 mournfang units as my battleline. I don't see using any battalion at 2k Cause none include a frostlord.

Yeah, with two Thundertusk Huskards, you won't be able to run any of the battalions that involve behemoths... Both the Jorlbad and Eurlbad both require a Huskard on Stonehorn and Stonehorn beastriders, and the Torrbad only has 1 Huskard, but needs 3-9 Beastriders. You could still probably squeeze in a Skal for the sake of getting a second magic item.

8 hours ago, thediceabide said:

Sadly only a 50/50 chance for the power to go off... If you're going to be relying on it in any capacity, you'll want two Huskard on Thundertusk, which will give you two 3+ chances, or on 2+'s if you have a third tusk around. 

That said, I'm far more of a Stonehorn guy myself. Huskards on Stonehorn are amazing when used in conjunction with mournfangs, but unfortunately, do not take up the requisite Battleline roles.

Looking into filling Battalions, two require a Stonehorn Huskard and 1+ Stonehorn Beastriders, while the only one with Thundertusks requires a Huskard and 3+ Beastriders on them.

Personally I have a Lord, Huskard, and Beastrider on Stonehorns, and a single Beastrider on Thundertusk, and may make a Huskard on one just for the conversion opportunity.

for 2k I was sussing 2 husks on tusks and a troop tusk. So 2+ casting for d3 heals and 3x6 mortal wounds on 2+ in addition to vultures.

then a stonehorn boss with pelt to never die and 2x2 mournfang to round off the list.

20 mortal wounds at range should nix any key enemy unit pretty damn fast..

3 hours ago, Orruk'sPizza said:

"Braggoth’s Beast Hammer" is a mix between mournfang pack+ Gore gruntas with an ogor leader . The Gore gruntas take the same bonus Like the other ogors.

But in not sure for the bonus .

1frostlord

At least 3 mournfang pack

And 2 Gore g. Unit

I had a read of the book yesterday. It is either + 1 attack, or +1 to hit or something like that. Cant remember exactly. The good thing about it though is at the end of your turn, anything that successfully charged gets to pile in again and attack again. If I remember right. It might be contingent in being in range of the general or something. 

18 minutes ago, N_Watson said:

If I remember right. It might be contingent in being in range of the general or something. 

Every turn or one use only?!! Sounds mental.

Just realised I forgot to pre order my book! But seeing as I'm running a Tournament tomorrow I wouldn't have been at home to receive it anyway.

Bit poor at the moment as well. Gonna sell my Stormcast, put some into the bank and save a little for a bit for more Destruction love I think!

1 hour ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Every turn or one use only?!! Sounds mental.

I will be honest, I can't remember. It is 160 points for the formation, so probably once per battle? Will be back at the store on the weekend so will post it up then I can unless someone clarifies first. 

Archived