Battletome: Beastclaw Raiders out August 6th

The Stronghold

man oh man. 6 different warscrolls possible from the stonehorn box, can't wait to see those new rules!

Was hoping for new sabretusk, hunter and yeti kits...should we read into the fact that they are not getting reboxed? 

Assuming Icewind assault is 2 stonehorn and 4 mournfang?

I'm stoked!

.. And also confused. Is the Stonehorn/Thundertusk kit really cheaper than Mournfang cavalry? That's not currently the trend in Australia. And figuring out what the one click bundle is will be a fun math puzzle ;)

4 hours ago, StoneMonk said:

Was hoping for new sabretusk, hunter and yeti kits...should we read into the fact that they are not getting reboxed?

i think 2/3 of those kits are begging for a new sculpt, maybe they want to give us two weeks of releases!

Or alternatively those kits are online only and the above release list is pre-order items for stores?

21 minutes ago, Emicus said:

I'm stoked!

.. And also confused. Is the Stonehorn/Thundertusk kit really cheaper than Mournfang cavalry? That's not currently the trend in Australia. And figuring out what the one click bundle is will be a fun math puzzle ;)

I would expect that like most cavalry re-packs, the Mournfang will double in number in the new box.

1 minute ago, amysrevenge said:

I would expect that like most cavalry re-packs, the Mournfang will double in number in the new box.

Hmmmmm maybe! But the GHB pegged them at min: 2 so you're essentially buying two squads at a time then. Tho I reckon 4 is the ideal size anyway (aside from wooping points cost) in order to get the full command on.

There's some interesting things going on here.

First off, if you look at the Mournfang scroll in the app - there are distinctly 3 different mournfang heads in the front (and a total of 5). This seems like its giving itself to a kit of more than 2. 3 Gore-Gruntas are $79 so its not crazy for it to be two, but two are currently $36.25 so I'm thinking that it has to be a box of 4. Also the scroll has a crusher, a hornblower and a banner - why would they do this if you only get 2? 

One other note is that I have the GH for iPhone and when I use the app to review the points for Beastclaw Raiders, it says "currently unavailable". I can't seem to find any other cases of this. I think this may mean that they are already going to start changing the points. It makes sense because they change the scrolls, and therefore change the values as well as add new units, so points in new battletomes is inevitable. That being said, there are already points for the unique units, so different values would be odd. 

A stonehorn is also a thundertusk (same kit) so that is why it its currently $57  - so $58 seems like no change. The Flesh-Eaters had all kind of silliness to make 'new models' like sticking wings on horrors and sticking the Ghoul King on top of a dragon, so what can we expect for this "Frostlord on Thundertusk" or "Huskard on Thundertusk"?

I notice in the store, the Stonehorn/Thundertusk is currently sold out. They are still selling the other stuff because, why not - you can just put it on a round base (or bases dont matter). But the Stonehorn/Thundertusk being sold out makes me think that maybe they are actually doing something different with the kit??

Yeah it looks like this will be on par with Flesh-eaters and Bonesplitterz by way of giving some old WFB stuff a sweet new theme to make it a legit standalone faction.

The new paint job and basing looks really cool. I am just a little disappointed we didn't get to see some new sculpts to replace that crappy old finecast stuff. Still, I'll be picking up the book and in time will probably be adding elements to my Grand Destruction army.

I wish the Yhetees and Sabertusks had gotten new sculpts. Part of me Wants this box a lot. But, then again I really will only use the Mournfang and the Stonehorns! Time to start looking into proxies. Anyone know a company that makes nice replacements?

Yeah, I've been using the "Icebrow Hunter" mostly to ****** with my opponents as they know about his bonus for monster hunting, especially running then hurling his spears, but yeah, 160 points is a bit steep.  On the plus side, his 2-4 Frost Sabres pack has nice mobility/attacks/rend for hunting free standing 'casters/acting as nasty chaff, & paint up well.

I agree those Space Wolves Fenrisian Wolves is a nice set of dynamic models, if my buddy's Orion, King of the Woods didn't come with Hunting Hounds then I was going to get him the Wolfpack.

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 10:20 PM, Lucio said:

Not factoring in the small price drop for the box of 4 Mournfang, that box set is better deal than I first thought. The total appears to be £193 for an expected £130 (maybe £135) retail price.

That's great they are continuing this trend...just...sooooo much finecast in that box. I'm sad, but my wallet is happy. If they'd had done new plastic sculpts I'd be all over this. As it is, I suspect I'll add the bigger monsters when I branch out into full Destruction anyway.

32 minutes ago, The Stronghold said:

Warscrolls are up: http://www.the-stronghold.com/index.php?/topic/29169-beastclaw-raiders-warscrolls-available-now/

Frostlord gets 13 wounds and a 3+ save :)

Thundertusk still has that 6 mortal wounds ranged attack.

Awesome sauce. Good upgrades all around with good characters, two handed mournfang weapons, and yhetees somehow became faster o.0

Now I need to decide whether I'm bringing a frostlord on a thundertusk or stonehorn....

"Braggoth’s Beast Hammer, an unlikely but strong unison of ogor and orruk forces;"

Intriguing! For 160 points it's a pretty sizeable Battalion cost as well... If this will let me marry Ironjawz and Beastclaw Raiders I can die happy.

Archived