Neg's Boyz - Ironjawz Blog

Pagan

Alright there ladz...

I'm a newcomer to the wargaming hobby  and having found and lurked on this forum for a while, thought it'd be a great place to log  my collecting and painting efforts, and later on my exploits with my all-conquering force of destructive Waaagh!ness. 

I started collecting at the end of last year and have had some good painting practice and watched lots of great videos online - something that definitely would have helped the last time I dabbled with Warhammer back in 2002! I recently settled on AoS and an Ironjawz force which I'm currently in the process of building/painting. 

Some pics of my progress so far:

The sets I've bought so far for the army...

1.jpg.7637bf5c2ec655a92e4363f90364916f.jpg

I started with the Ardboyz to gather steam for the funner models. I decided on a black armour/pale skin colour scheme and after a bit of pondering came upon a method of painting the armour I was happy with.  A progress pic...

2.jpg.aaad860867725a1e6253a70d153f829f.jpg

I also watched some videos on basing and fancied a go at using cork to simulate rocks for the models to stand on.

20180803_002247.jpg.2172770db3c51f0dc995b0886446b670.jpg

And the finished product - 10 Ardboyz! Really happy with the way these have turned out, it's a really proud feeling to look on them and it makes me really excited to paint the rest of the squad.

3.jpg.cda618a40501c95b527444b373c4d73b.jpg

And that's all so far! Next steps will be painting 5 brutes, then 3 GG's and finally my Megaboss on foot and army leader Neg. After that it'll be onto another round of Ardboyz, brutes etc and hopefully finishing off with a Maw Krusha to finish off the army.

Thanks for reading so far, see you around on the forum and in the next update soon!

Alright ladz...

Another good week of painting has gone by and I have finished up my first band of brutes! They're great models and I really enjoyed painting them, especially after the Ardboyz, which look good (I think) but lack the detail of the newer stuff. 

4.JPG.957aef21a3ec0741014181572c6fa93a.JPG

I think my technique of drybrushing grey over chaos black primer for the dark armour worked better on the flat surfaces of the Ardboyz' armour. For now at least though I'm content with the results. I still have a few of the skulls/trinkets to paint and add to these guys.

5.JPG.b7f8f81725d634c0d76077afe761826d.JPG

The current extent of my Boyz. Having run through a few potential colour schemes before settling on black, I'm still really pleased with my choice. Next up is a unit of Gore Gruntas, which I'm hoping to have finished next week. 

Cheers!

Good progress.  Keep giving us the updates I enjoy them.

I too have gone with a black armour scheme and whilst it might not be your thing I've tried to brighten up the model with a little detailing.  I did post this pic a while back (and I've sadly not done any more and it's still not finished).  I'm not saying you should do this as I really like the overall look of your stuff.  They look like they really mean business and the black makes the green skin stand out very well.  Keep up the good work.

DarkArmour.jpg

Thanks Paul. I really like your armour scheme, it'll look great when you have a whole unit painted up.  The flame effect is really well done for sure.

I agree on some detail being required, thankfully this is coming soon in the form of all the bony trinkets that come with the brutes and gore gruntas. I'm painting them en masse and will be adding them soon ?

Alright ladsz.

Another week gone by and here I am again with another update on my Warhammer adventure.

This week was spent painting and building my three Gore Gruntas, which are now 95% finished.  Now I was impressed with the brute models but wow, these guys are something else. There is so much detail on them it's almost overwhelming.  As I'm determined to finish a unit a week until I can start playing, I have skipped over some of the details on them for now, with the intention of returning later on to polish them off.

8.JPG.7ebe3404e42f95f6118db20d2aadfd27.JPG7.JPG.4f73a1403d96486c3368b7fee81908fe.JPG6.JPG.e8d5279879c0997c20b6d507da5347a0.JPG

This week I'm going to paint up all of the little accessories that come with the GGs and add them to the various armour parts. After that I'll be onto the fun stuff: my Weirdnob Shaman, Warchanter and finally my first Warboss Neg. 

After that I have some ideas for a little display board/shelf to show the models off and protect them. Once that's done I'll crack on with some repeat units before I can finally unleash my boyz on the gaming tables!

Cheers

Evening ladz.

It's been a bit of a slow week this week, what with the bank holiday, but I have virtually finished my Megaboss and made some good progress on the Warchanter and Weirdnob Shaman.

20180824_104631.jpg.44f743f51024d134b65a14c177473dc3.jpg20180827_121801.jpg.0abe92341b99c2bc442e43101442d4e1.jpg

As with all of the other new models, this guy is amazingly detailed and looks fantastic. He's also bloody massive and therefore very eye-catching. I'm really pleased with the way he turned out too.

Next up on the list is to finish my warchanter/shaman, then I'll be making a display stand for my army. I've ordered some MDF cut to size. I'm not sure yet whether I'll order a gaming mat and cut it to size or try to do my own grassy/rocky/Ghur-y surface on the MDF. Whichever I choose I'll document it in this thread. 

Cheers

Archived