BLACKOUT - Results, Feedback & Lists

Chris Tomlin

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Whilst I get what you are saying, when asking for a paper copy I personally don't think it's reasonable to request a specific format unfortunately. Many people will actually be putting pen to paper on the morning of the event - I myself am the same when I attend events that need a paper submission....and yeh, I'm in the awful handwriting camp as well (when do you ever need to handwrite IRL anymore?! :P)

I think paper lists are a thing of the past and I won't be asking this of my players again. With all the extra information that goes on an army list nowadays, I think it's preferable to get everyone to submit a week or two beforehand so they can be reliably checked for errors beforehand. If you are doing electronic submission, then yeh I completely agree with you that you would want all players to follow the same format (and that Warscroll Builder is the simplest way of doing this - also, it's format is clear and easy). You can then release a nice, tidy, easy to read PDF ahead of the event. This also helps to build a bit of hype as everyone gets talking about the lists as well!

It sounds silly, but even just putting 94 lists in order of placing takes way longer than you'd expect haha! You're welcome though ;) 

This is MUCH appreciated Chris. Thank you very much for getting this together. Very interesting once you see the full picture. Especially that 'Chaos' list in 11th place...SKAVEN!

9 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Lists;

http://traffic.libsyn.com/theblacksun/BLACKOUT_lists2018.pdf

You'll have to excuse the format, but this is the only reasonable way to get this many lists out (and still takes ages!). For a variety of reasons, I think moving back towards list submission for events is the way forwards. If nothing else, this would allow us a nice digital PDF with everything in the same (readable) format!

Thank you so much for assembling this! You're a saint for dealing with all that crappy handwriting :)

So glad to see mixed Skaven finish 11th! Providing more motivation to keep trying to craft my Skaven list competitively. Everyone will bow-kneel down to the Great Horned Rat, yes-yes! 

Archived