Nighthaunt win BLACKOUT.

Ben

11 hours ago, HorseOnABeachBall said:

Yeah, you'd be surprised at the amount of honest mistakes that make it into torunament lists .

And so someone expects to go over all those lists before hand?  That sounds... time intensive.  Even at 30 seconds per list, it's a significant chunk of time for even a small-medium sized event.  :P

I can understand it being there as a means to resolve future disputes I suppose (ie. to have some evidence to catch a bad apple in the act, assuming they are not very good at being a bad apple).

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, amysrevenge said:

And so someone expects to go over all those lists before hand?  That sounds... time intensive.  Even at 30 seconds per list, it's a significant chunk of time for even a small-medium sized event.  :P

I can understand it being there as a means to resolve future disputes I suppose (ie. to have some evidence to catch a bad apple in the act, assuming they are not very good at being a bad apple).

Yes , yes and yes.

Ive run large events for about 5 years, from 12-96 unique players. You're guaranteed to find some mistakes in list building. 1 in about every 5-10 had some sort of error (typically a comp or mathematical error). 99% of the time it's honest mistakes. It's much better to find the mistakes before the tournament begins , than to find out someone has 1 too many artifacts in round 3.

One year we had folks check their opponents list round 1 and sign off, but it turned out to be less efficient than just having a helper glance over lists with you.

Its worth noting that even small and medium events require big outlay. Travel , hotel , time etc; the organizers should definitely take the 30 seconds for their attendees ?

BTW, mistakes as opposed to cheating is a subject that I could wax poetically....maybe another time !

Archived