Daughters of Khaine 2000pts Semi-Competetive

JackStreicher

Hello guys, I am preparing for the upcoming event I am hosting as a Co-Organiser while sadly having no one to practise the list with.

I am not intending on maxing the list out.

So I build this list in mind of most likely facing a list with Nagash and perhaps even both Nagash and Neferata, yet the list is supposed to be balanced in every aspect. I was hoping for some constructive advise.

Realm of Battle: Aqshy, Shyish and Ulgu. Spells only the Lore of Aqshy.

I am restricted due to the models I have:

Morathi, Cauldron of Blood 2x (modular with Medusas), 30 Witch aelves, 10 of which have bucklers, 10 Blood Sisters, 5 Blood Stalkers, 10 Warpfire Warlocks, 5 Khinerai Heartrenders. 

Allegiance: Daughters Of Khaine - Mortal Realm: Ulgu
 - Temple: Hagg Nar

LEADERS
Morathi High Oracle of Khaine (480) - Lore of Shadows : Mindrazor
Bloodwrack Medusa (140) Shelatah Drad
Hag Queen (60) Thelsa - Prayer : Crimson Rejuvenation
Slaughter Queen on Cauldron Of Blood (330) Elmera‘Tor - General - Command Trait : Devoted Desciples  - Artefact :  Sword of Judgement - Prayer : Catechism of Murder
Assassin (80)  Saryn’Bal - Allies

UNITS
10 x Witch Aelves (100) -Pairs of Sacrificial Knives
10 x Witch Aelves (100) -Sacrificial Knives and Blade Bucklers
10 x Witch Aelves (100) -Pairs of Sacrificial Knives
10 x Blood Sisters (280) Guard of the Shadow Queen
5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (80)

WAR MACHINES
Celestar Ballista (100) The Shadeclaw - Allies

ENDLESS SPELLS
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
The Burning Head (40)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

TOTAL: 1950/2000     EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1     WOUNDS: 97
LEADERS: 5/6    BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)    BEHEMOTHS: 1/4    ARTILLERY: 1/4
ARTEFACTS: 1/1    ALLIES: 180/400

Story: 

In the Tournament an Ancient City has retruned from some Subrealm or even the Chaos Wastes. Morathi heard rumours that this city harbours another Shard of Khaine. So she decides to investigate this matter in person before the Servants of Chaos or the Undead might steal this artefact she needed to ascend to godhood.

Accompanying her is her veiled Dagger Saryn’Bal to get rid of any obstacles in her way, one of her Slaughter Queens and one Hag Queen as well as her personal guard.

She also finally has an excuse to put to use the diplomatic gift of the stormcasts, The Shadeclaw  she received latetely.

Be very interesting to hear how this list goes. On the surface it seem a little "top heavy" in that you've got around half the points in leaders and spells with a far more minimal troop component. However you've got several good synergies within that and Morathi to transform into her monster form to add additional hitting power. 

I think you dig out the melusai sprue and turn those stalkers into Blood Sisters If you make a Medusa your leader you can take the 10(15) Sisters as battle line. Take a unit of 30 witch aelves so you only need to pop off 1 blessing of khaine/mystic shield to cover your meat grinder.

If you have Morathi, why not go Khailebron so you can teleport her to the enemy and spam endless spells in your opponents' territory at a +2 to cast. She is also a tremendous tarpit as there is no way to kill her in one turn. Speaking of your endless spells, I'm not mad on them. If I'm investing in endless spells as DoK I want damage and bravery debuffs so I can trigger mindrazors second mode easier. I'm talking Gnashing Jaws, Suffocating Gravetide, Pendulum, and even Purple Sun if I'm doing Khailebron ft Morathi.

2 hours ago, Rekmeister said:

I think you dig out the melusai sprue and turn those stalkers into Blood Sisters If you make a Medusa your leader you can take the 10(15) Sisters as battle line. Take a unit of 30 witch aelves so you only need to pop off 1 blessing of khaine/mystic shield to cover your meat grinder.

If you have Morathi, why not go Khailebron so you can teleport her to the enemy and spam endless spells in your opponents' territory at a +2 to cast. She is also a tremendous tarpit as there is no way to kill her in one turn. Speaking of your endless spells, I'm not mad on them. If I'm investing in endless spells as DoK I want damage and bravery debuffs so I can trigger mindrazors second mode easier. I'm talking Gnashing Jaws, Suffocating Gravetide, Pendulum, and even Purple Sun if I'm doing Khailebron ft Morathi.

Sounds great! I picked Hag Narr for more survivability.

how does she get +2 to cast?

So sth. Like this?

Ref%20DoK.pdf

Looks solid man. Khailebron is definitely a riskier temple than Hagg-Nar, but so much of 2nd edition is grabbing objectives, and the -1 to ranged attacks can save you from horrid match ups. I'm just not sure how a lot of armies can deal with Morathi attempting multiple endless spells in turn 1, especially given that the most kickback she can receive is three wounds. Definitely a bold strategy, but it lets you be the aggressor in a way that people won't expect. 

28 minutes ago, Rekmeister said:

Looks solid man. Khailebron is definitely a riskier temple than Hagg-Nar, but so much of 2nd edition is grabbing objectives, and the -1 to ranged attacks can save you from horrid match ups. I'm just not sure how a lot of armies can deal with Morathi attempting multiple endless spells in turn 1, especially given that the most kickback she can receive is three wounds. Definitely a bold strategy, but it lets you be the aggressor in a way that people won't expect. 

The -1 might be wasted though. The only armies participating are Ironjaws, LoN and Brayherds.

I like aggression and moverability though =}

I scored second.

I was tabled once VS Nighthaunt which rolled 10+ 4/5 times and got a double turn early on. Morathi died not even using any weapon once and the rest was evaporated by bad luck, lady olynder‘s rediculous „take D6 dng because reasons.

take away from the Tournament: 

Sequitors are too cheap 

Ballistas are rediculously too cheap

Nighthaunt 10+ charge needs a nerf (perhaps grant 1“ range and 1 attack with each weapon).

too many armies rely solely on named characters. So we will forbid them completely or limit them to max 230pts

Archived