Why did they suddenly discontinue the Chaos Exotic Adversaries cards?

Ravinsild

They typically have “non-mainline” products available as long as they’re still a “selling item” if you’re interested in them I’d recommend grabbing a copy via Amazon or if your local FLGS (or GW) has a copy.

While not guaranteed, I hope they come out with a Death Adversaries set of cards.

1 hour ago, TheOtherJosh said:

They typically have “non-mainline” products available as long as they’re still a “selling item” if you’re interested in them I’d recommend grabbing a copy via Amazon or if your local FLGS (or GW) has a copy.

While not guaranteed, I hope they come out with a Death Adversaries set of cards.

Same. More adversaries the better. It will just add variety, or if you want a “theme” night: all SCE party versus only Khorne (or Nurgle)... all Dwarves vs only Skaven. Etc... 

5 minutes ago, Wraith01 said:

I've noticed GW tend to discontinue everything, eventually... Grab things while they are relatively new if you really want them.

Luckily my GW actual store has 2 packs of them so I asked the manager, who is a good friend of mine, to just save me one until I can grab it (next paycheck.)

• Like 1

Get your hands on these cards any way you can. I have found them super useful playing Silver Tower. They have all the FAQ changes incorporated into them and can be used for both Hammerhal and Silver Tower. (There are two very small changes to Silver Tower rules for purists to be mindful of if you want to play vanilla). 

5 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

The Lord Of Plagues also had a release in White Dwarf, though that unit ended up in both the boxed and app versions.

@Circus of Paint Did you also keep track of the additional adversaries added?

image.png.448f713a1c1c73f7712b0be732c1050d.png

That's all the Adversaries - including the ones included in the boxed games! In the case of multiple sources, I've added them under Adversary cards (even if they were also in White Dwarf at some point) as the cards were the most recent.

Some of them also have duplicates, as the Silver Tower groups have a set quantity as opposed to the variable number generated by those in the Chaos Adversary cards.

Edited by Circus of Paint
  • Thanks 1

What's the most efficient way to collect all these things anyway? From what I can tell: All of the Tzeentch stuff is either by default in the box or can be gotten v ia the Start Collecting! Daemons of Tzeentch box.

Some of the Nurgle stuff is in the Start Collecting, but not Putrid Blightkings which is like...just buy 1 box?

Eventually, someday, I plan on getting a whole slaves to darkness army, but not this day, and no mauraders, but all the rest yes.

I have a huge Khorne army anyway so that's literally all covered.

Is there a Start Collecting! Nighthaunt or an efficient way to get the new undead enemies?

I feel like I just won't bother with Skaven, haha.

So:

- Shadows Over Hammerhal Box (Nurgle Blightkings/Reavers/Kairic Acolytes/Sorcerer Lord)

- Gorechosen Board game [if you can get it cheap... it’s now out of print] (Exalted Deathbringer with Ruinous Axe, Slaughterpriest with Axe, Aspiring Deathbringer with Axe and Hammer, Skullgrinder)

- Frenzied Goretribe Box (Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear, 5 wrathmongers Or Skullreapers, 3 Bloodwarriors)

- Bloodsecrator, Bloodstoker, Lord Relictor, remaining Blood Reavers, Bloodwarriors (5 for a total of 8 ) (from the old Starter Box.)

- Both the Mighty Heroes and Arcane Heroes boxes.

- Battleforce Tzeentch Arcanites Changecult (Tzaangor, Tzaangor Enlightened, Tzaangor Skyfires, Tzaangor Shaman) (Sell off the Acolytes)

- Exalted Deathbringer (with Shield and Axe) - [Convert from Bloodwarrior champion by adding a shield]

- Battlemage Box (Build Necromancer and Battlemage)

- Soul Wars (Nighthaunt Box Half) as is, but convert the Knight of Shrouds on Horse to not be on horseback.

- Start Collecting Daemons of Tzeentch (build the Exalted Flamer on a 40mm base, Flamers, build Screamers on 40mm or small flying base, build Herald on foot (with staff)

- Start Collecting: Nurgle (Herald, Plaguebearers, Nurglings) [sell off the plague drones]

Most of the other stuff has to be done individually ... 

Edited by TheOtherJosh
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

@Circus of Paint As a side note, you didn’t include the caveats in the “Exotic adversaries” from the Silver Tower Guidebook (Screamers and Flamers) Of 1 per player

Thats’s the only difference between the Guidebook and the Adversary cards, so I only put them down under Adversary cards. You buy either 3 Flamers or Screamers and it doesn’t matter which rules source you use - 1 per player (up to 3) or a straight D3 roll for Adversary generation yields practically the same result for a standard 4-Hero party.

The only duplicate entries are the Kairic Acolytes, Horrors and Tzaangor - as the set number of models you get in Silver Tower wouldn’t fulfil the maximum you could generate from the respective Chaos Adversary card.

In addition, both Kairic Acolytes and Tzaangor gain additional command options based on their full plastics kits which weren’t available until after Silver Tower came out.

Another small difference between Silver Tower and the cards is that both the Herald of Tzeentch and Gaunt Summoner gain additional Adversaries when used in SoH (Silver Tower has bespoke rules for objective room Adversaries.)

Hope that clears that up! :)

Edited by Circus of Paint

3 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

So:

- Shadows Over Hammerhal Box (Nurgle Blightkings/Reavers/Kairic Acolytes/Sorcerer Lord)

- Gorechosen Board game [if you can get it cheap... it’s now out of print] (Exalted Deathbringer with Ruinous Axe, Slaughterpriest with Axe, Aspiring Deathbringer with Axe and Hammer, Skullgrinder)

- Frenzied Goretribe Box (Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear, 5 wrathmongers Or Skullreapers, 3 Bloodwarriors)

- Bloodsecrator, Bloodstoker, Lord Relictor, remaining Blood Reavers, Bloodwarriors (5 for a total of 8 ) (from the old Starter Box.)

- Both the Mighty Heroes and Arcane Heroes boxes.

- Battleforce Tzeentch Arcanites Changecult (Tzaangor, Tzaangor Enlightened, Tzaangor Skyfires, Tzaangor Shaman) (Sell off the Acolytes)

- Exalted Deathbringer (with Shield and Axe) - [Convert from Bloodwarrior champion by adding a shield]

- Battlemage Box (Build Necromancer and Battlemage)

- Soul Wars (Nighthaunt Box Half) as is, but convert the Knight of Shrouds on Horse to not be on horseback.

- Start Collecting Daemons of Tzeentch (build the Exalted Flamer on a 40mm base, Flamers, build Screamers on 40mm or small flying base, build Herald on foot (with staff)

- Start Collecting: Nurgle (Herald, Plaguebearers, Nurglings) [sell off the plague drones]

Most of the other stuff has to be done individually ... 

That’s one hell of a write up! I really appreciate it man! Gives me some great ideas for how to expand upon the game :) 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Circus of Paint said:

An excellent list, although I would suggest to keep the Acolytes (from the Changecult) as you need at least 18 (3D6) for the Chaos Adversary group.

Mind you, combining the ones you get from both Silver Tower and SoH would technically give you 18 Acolytes. ?

That’s why you can sell them off ;) 

So, unless you’re planning on doing both the GS (with 2D6) , and a group of 3D6 Acolytes additional ...

At that point I’d probably choose to bring something else in. Like Tzaangor.

And If you keep them, you literally have a Tzeentch army available to you...

• Like 1