Why did they suddenly discontinue the Chaos Exotic Adversaries cards?

Ravinsild

14 minutes ago, Circus of Paint said:

I only realised this halfway through writing my last comment, so I stuck with it. ?

At least with that many you can have plenty of each weapon option available.

As a reminder, you have to place unique models first when placing Miniatures.

eg You have complete Tzaangor unit with all unit options available: twistbray, brayhorn, banner, mutant with 2 Blades, great weapon, Tzaangor Blades and Shield, 2 Tzaangor Blades.

You have to place one of each before placing a duplicate. So, before you can place a second Great Weapon, you have to have one of each of the options out on the board.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I like that the new warhammer quests got playable Orcs and dark elves if you can still call them that... and love all the chaos dudes I'm one off those lucky people who love Khorne. I've got both ST & SOH and the chaos adversary cards and silver tower is painted par the Cupid looking dwarf and the Warpriest and his Eagle dog busy with Hammerhalls monsters who i really love done most the reavers want more then 10 cause of the card and the rules that they call more also busy with the chaos warriors who I convert from mixxing stormcast liberators with chaos knight's cuz I feel the old school chaos warriors should still tower over everyone also converting the marauders because the originals are too tiny look like dwarves compared to the new scale. Blightkings I take my time for cuz I want them to look as disgusting as possible. Got several warriors finished the Dark Oath Chieftan the questing knight both the Aelves from the ST box the slaughterpriest the Orruk Warchanter both Exalted Deathbringers and the aspiring Deathbringer the Blood Secratrator the lord of plaques which I still had. And 3 custum guys a Bull Centaur a wood elf wardancer and a old school barbarian. I've got a friend on Warseer in the warhammer quest section that made up the rules. I do wish GW would show some more support make more rules crossover models or more boxed exspansions. But I fear they going to let it die 

Both this and the removal of the boxed games from GW sites got me wondering about WQ getting a reboot. Given the rapid expansion of AOS (and other) miniature ranges, it must be tough to allocate game design resources to essentially redesign and balance every mini for an alternative game system. If I was running GW, I'd step back, redesign the core rules so all existing models could use AOS stats, tweak adversary AI into tables, and generalize the skill and treasure systems so special cards weren't involved. A reboot like this would only need a new rule book and rerelease of tiles, although a book of random overland and city encounters would seal the deal. New dungeon quests could then come out periodically (ideally with new minis who immediately could be bought separately as well, and have their free rules on the site), and we could just use existing warscrolls for both adversaries and heroes. This would also help Skirmish, WQ and AOS battles flow better into each other.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
6 hours ago, MacDuff said:

GW, for the love of Pete, just put all these (and others) together in a Beastiary. That alone would revitalize the game for AOS!

I missed out on the stormcast card set for Warcry and this threat reminded me how bad GW is with reprinting stuff like this 😒

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hello all, I recently acquired both the silver tower and the shadows of hammerhal but unfortunately I cannot find the chaos adversary cards :( I would be grateful if someone could reshare the Chaos adversary cards and any extra adversary cards released. Seems like the above link is not working anymore. Thank you in advance!