Sell Me Your Faction

Do you like dinosaurs? Do you like lizards? If the answer to both of those was yes, then I propose to you the coolest damned faction ever; the Seraphon! They are dinosaurs riding ****** dinosaurs! Look at them! It's Jurassic Park. And they have these awesome zen looking frogmen that summon the dinosaurs from the starts to mess you up, then just leaving. They don't care about any of that stupid "civilisation building" or "worship" like the rest of these pansy races, all they care about is appearing, messing up the enemy, then going away to their awesome lizard-stars.  Oh, and did I mention they have ****** DINOSAURS?!  Cause they do.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah what is there to say about my beloved Kharadron Overlords. Truly the best faction GW has ever made in any game let alone Sigmar. They soar high and mighty above all the other factions and are completely uncontested by any other faction. Every time Tzeentch tries to fight them they just bomb them from the sky and locals watch it as fireworks it's a great. Now what allows the Kharadron to do this? Its their best aspect their science and lore. Yes if you want the faction that says I'm smart and better than you look no further than the Overlords. Just buying the book guarantees you an IQ of 200+. Kharadron players also tend to be the most confident in their army. I mean when your visibly floating in the sky in multi colored metal vessels anyone can see you can't exactly run away nor do you want to. 

I have to put my sigmarite made top hat hat, monocle, and stylish beard protector for his next part is very critical that other people know this. Kharadron Overlords are the faction that single handedly turned AoS around. Until then everyone kept saying that it was okay or dumb. Once the KO showed up though everyone wanted them and they said the game felt truly unique. After this point people have looked more favorably at AoS and all its other releases. I hate to say it guys but we helped popularize AoS with our bold colors. Even in the lore we're the only faction that has time to chill out lol. Every other faction is busy fighting and here we are just sitting in the clouds doing whatever we want lol. So advanced even the gods and Tzeentch can't see the rude gesture I'm giving them. 

Despite a loud and minor group you might here talk bad about us the truth is even after multiple successive nerfs we just keep coming.  I mean even when we had a bad rules we found a way to make it work last edition and now we will find a way to make it work again. I mean I can't help it if everyone will lose to our 200+ IQ members. It doesn't matter how much you nerf our army at this point. I couldn't hear what the other complainers were saying over the thunderous roar of our ships engines and canons. Also we're so rich we're like the spoiled rotten first world country that goes into all the poor ones to tel them what to do to make ourselves feel better. Its great, and they always accept our technology like canon shells with open arms and come to the trade table for bandages. Its the perfect system! 

Also fun fact. The big dangerous sharks the Idoneth Deepkin ride around on, yeah that is a local day at the marine for us we catch those for fun in our past time. We eat those for food on a daily basis. 

10 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Even in the lore we're the only faction that has time to chill out lol. Every other faction is busy fighting and here we are just sitting in the clouds doing whatever we want lol.

This makes no sense whatsoever.

Hitting people in the face, or stabbing them in the back, is the definition of chilling out and doing whatever you want.  I can think of no past-time more relaxing than stabbing a stunty in the back, scalping his beard, and then tossing him into a pit full of hungry squigs.  I'm sure an Ironjaw Megaboss worth his salt would argue that you should bash them on the head rather than stab them in the back, but that is just arguing specifics of the finer things in life.  Why anyone would want to do anything different just mystifies me.

Chilling out? Pah, what's chilled out about having to constantly worrying that the guy that just shine your beard armour may have been charging you a bit too much or that your latest investment in an aethergold mining venture isnt returning the promised profit.

No, no, no, chilled out is walking out into the crushing abyss of the ocean by yourself for weeks at a time so you can completely block out the world around you. After all, you don't worry less than the times you literally can't feel emotion. #abyssandchill

1 hour ago, Yoshiya said:

Chilling out? Pah, what's chilled out about having to constantly worrying that the guy that just shine your beard armour may have been charging you a bit too much or that your latest investment in an aethergold mining venture isnt returning the promised profit.

No, no, no, chilled out is walking out into the crushing abyss of the ocean by yourself for weeks at a time so you can completely block out the world around you. After all, you don't worry less than the times you literally can't feel emotion. #abyssandchill

I have just two words for you. Aether Gold. You'll be chilled out more than those strange brownies you got at the deepkin party. 

13 hours ago, Praecautus said:

Can you answer yes to all of the following? If so khorne is for you

Like eating toes?

Having no shirt on and being whipped?

Reaity splitting axes?

Impractically decorated helmets?

The patience of a monk painting bronze trim?

patholoical dislike of magic?

Axes?

So many synergies that Einstein would weep tracking it?

Well done, join Khorne

You are never going to spend more money on the faction then the initial buy in, makes them army much cheaper then the stuff other players have to buy. Also it lack of in faction wizards or priests, or special units make it easier to learn how to play with the army. You also don't have to worry about buying the battletome, other factions are very battalion/artefact focused, BCR are not.  They are one of the few factions that can get away with being played with just army builders and the core book, which again cuts the cost of what you have to get when starting.

Once we were mighty. Once the mountains shook with our very passing, trembled at our revels, and crumbled at our whims. None could withstand our might, and all warlords were cowed before our great migrations and pilgrimages. Our God, so fearsome it was an actual geographical feature you could visit and lose your mind to, devoured everything in its path, teaching us the true value of hunger. Our bodies were as slabs of granite, both in hue and texture, and there was nothing in the wide world we did not bring to belly. Yes, mighty were our kingdoms, and mightiest of all our king.

Now we are a wan shadow of what once we were; scattered tribes of mindless cannibals, foraging beasts or desperate mercenaries, wandering godless, brought beneath the iron heel of a false prophet, mouthing the empty promises of a ‘god’ of lesser races. And yet in some of us, appetite remains. Some of us still hunger, scouring the realms for signs of the one true god, biding our time until the great feast comes again. Undeterred by the scant suppers of our winter-bound cousins, there is still a rumble in our bellies that will not be silent. 

And so we wait; though our artifacts of power be scattered to the winds, our tales and histories be no longer recorded by scholars and passed only by word of mouth, and our skin be grown pink and fleshy from ill use. We wait for the time of the great return, where once again whole realms will tremble beneath the march of our feet, and the roar of our cannons will shake the very heavens themselves. 

Wait with me, friend. And eat.

- Gorlag Brawlerguts, Prophet of the Maaagh.

Or, if you will, play Gutbusters. And I don’t mean mixed ogors, so you can jump aboard the stonehorn train (or thundertusk train as it is nowadays) at the same time. Not that I don’t ride that train myself, at times. (Choo choo, hur hur hur). But I’m talking pure gutbusters - nothing compares to the joy a tyrant with a gutgouger and the right buffs can bring! And ironguts are the best battle line in the game, and ‘belchers are next (probably. Ok, but they should be). Also, ironblasters ... erm, look cool. And for cannons, are surprisingly good in melee... ok, take some maneaters/firebelly allies if you must. 

But for sheer damage potential, you can’t go bigger than gutbusters. And you’ll get something totally different from spiderfang (assuming you avoid gnoblars, although of course they are just gobs now, so you already have your big tarpit unit all painted up if you need it). 

And look, our battletome can’t be far off now, can it? Or definitely a mention in GHB 2019. Join the faithful, bring pizza.

The question to be answered is, are you interested in your future?  If so, you should pick a faction that is ready to expand.  A faction ON THE BRINK!  A faction so hot in Games Workshop's mind that they addressed and FAQed literally every single model in the alliance!  You guessed it, the chaos gargants! 

What better way to end a long and arduous day than by enjoying a beer and painting your favorite reminder that deep down, games workshop just doesn't give a ******.  This activity is so enjoyable, you can repeat it every day!  Why bother trying to figure out how to paint multiple kinds of details or wasting money on more than 4 kinds of paints.  Perfect your game by learning the ins and outs of your single model army.  Never forget a rule or be bogged down by all the nonsense of 'magic'.  Once your confident with your knowledge and abilities to play your faction, feel free to expand and double its size with IDENTICAL RESOURCES!  You don't have to worry about figuring out what to do because you already know!  And think about it.  Another model release and you can double your options!

Come.  Join the stumbling, bumbling brotherhood of drunken bearded nonsense.  Grab yourself a gargant.  Your just one model away.

Sell you my faction!? 

Give me all your food so that I can consume it.

Give me all your people so that I may enslave them.

Give me all your buildings and crafts so that I can tear them down.

Flee-surrender your land so that I can dig holes in your earth.

Eat-sniff warpstone dust. Grow big-strong mutant ogre rat! Build tall-tall tower! Use everything! Hoist big bell on top! Thirteen times thirteen times it tolls! 

The under-empire does not sell, It claims! ;)

Mephisto here coming to you un-live from Shyish where, due to the recent actions of our supreme overlord, souls swirl in a luminescent kaleidoscope of horrible beauty. Don't worry that angry death vortex behind me isn't my ex, it's a hurricane of arcane and its raw power is the perfect visual metaphor for what I'm selling.

Do you like magic and winning? How about commanding an endless shifting sea of disposable minions? Would you like to float above the battlefield, mocking your lessers, and raining terrible spells down upon them? Summoning? Yeah, we have that too.

Mortals are bound by rules and life is variance. Cast off your bonds of wretched randomness...

Spoiler

...Play Tzeentch.

On 7/30/2018 at 3:45 AM, Fisher KIng said:

Hello guys and galls,

I'm building a Spiderfang force and loving it. The models are great. They are fast and if you manage to get all you buffs in you can have a glorious round of mortal wound out put. More then often, for me anyway, this doesn't happen so I still get to play them without my friends getting to salty. With only 3 units I can see the end of the project. This is a good and a bad thing. I find myself think what army project I mite move on to.

What I'm asking you guys is to tempt me in to start up your favourite army/faction. You don't need to be playing it yourself just sell me on something. This is just for fun.....mostly ;)

Collegiate Arcane!  Rock the battalion and flesh the rest out with some tasty order battline troops (shame they made skinks, lizard army only :( )

With the new magic rules and options the day for a insane Collegiate army has arrived, if you don't do it I'll have to! 

6 hours ago, Mephisto said:

Mephisto here coming to you un-live from Shyish where, due to the recent actions of our supreme overlord, souls swirl in a luminescent kaleidoscope of horrible beauty. Don't worry that angry death vortex behind me isn't my ex, it's a hurricane of arcane and its raw power is the perfect visual metaphor for what I'm selling.

Do you like magic and winning? How about commanding an endless shifting sea of disposable minions? Would you like to float above the battlefield, mocking your lessers, and raining terrible spells down upon them? Summoning? Yeah, we have that too.

Mortals are bound by rules and life is variance. Cast off your bonds of wretched randomness...

Hide contents

...Play Tzeentch.

Like Old feather head always says: Change or be changed!

19 hours ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

Except the KO are garbage tier now...

Dude! there are only garbage players! 

There are no such thing as garbage tiers and there are no garbage armies.....                      Except for Beastclaw Raiders, to poor ****** suck. :) 

On 7/30/2018 at 6:44 AM, Fisher KIng said:

This is all great guys. Really enjoying it but these are all the big guys and new hottness. Doesn’t anyone want to champion the little guys? 

Free Peoples. There is no joy like the joy of destroying shiny army of new hottness with 20 year old figs that have a 5" move, a 6 save, and stupid hats. The scars it leaves in your opponent's psych will be like having an extra 500 points the next time you play him ;)

On the downside, it's going to cost you a fortune in paint and carrying cases. 2k armies can easily run to 175-225 figs. LOL 

Play skaven and watch how your best friend gets overrun by literally a massive Horde.(We’re talking here of mostly double the amount of models than your opponent will have)(200+ models)

want to surpass the possible maximum model count a death army can  field?

no problem with the skaven faction you already did it.

On 7/30/2018 at 11:20 PM, Skabnoze said:

It seems highly likely that a combination of habitat destruction from losing the World-That-Was and simple population-thinning from unrestricted stunty-hunting has combined to make those majestic full beards quite endangered.

See Duardin are endangered! Even Grot supporters say so! Do your part! Get them of the endangered list! Play Dispossessed! 

LoN and LoN. Others options are LoN and legion of Nagash. This is by far the faction with the richedst entries, the most versatile armies, the most numerous build faction in the whole game. And as a bonus, half of Nighthaunt units (and the best ones!) are natively LoN and the others are Allied possible. Bonus: tier 1 competitive.

You can go Nurgle also, really rich even if you consider a whole with Daemons+everchosen+mortals+slaves to darkness+archaon+some skaven.

Other than that, did I say LoN?

Deffinitly LoN

Why go half potato? Play the faction with a single sneaky hero and battleline cavalry! Shadowblades!

Listbuilding so simple anyone can do it!

Set up your heroes wherever you want, because they're hidden between all the horses!

Outstab the Skaven!

This is an actual plan of mine, because 25 horses and two heroes makes a perfectly valid list, right? Expanding to 2k is dead simple, just double everything.

Archived