Nighthaunt mini madness

Anamnesis

Small update for the end of september, most of the pictures for the step by step has been taken, the ice on the base is drying and i take the missing pictures to finish.
Also a review of the product i use for the snow is now available on the blog :)

In the meantime, enjoy the last WIP of my knight of shroud, what an amazing mini !

NhObc3x.jpg

Cheers!

Anamnesis

On 9/30/2018 at 3:20 AM, Arminius_Warbringer said:

Very nice! If you don't mind me asking, what green\blue from scale colors did you use on the ghostly parts that make up the bottom half of the miniatures? Assuming it is in fact scale color that you used. Your interpretation is original and the best I have had the good fortune to see.

Thank you :)

The green part is surfer orc flesh shaded with despair green and the blue from the horse is ***** grey to innsmouth blue to hyril blue 

All scalecolor yes

Tutorial on rust should be available later today on the blog for the curious !

Cheers

Anamnesis

• 2 weeks later...

So little update, I'm trying to finish the chainrasp unit, which will be my first unit of 20 dudes finished ever! Talk about milestones !

Though painting minis 10 by 10 is tyring, I'm not made for this ?

g6X85rE.jpg

I'll probably take a little break of my nighthaunt to do some 40k, but i'm still planning to finish 1k of nighthaunt at least!

Cheers!

Anamnesis

2 hours ago, Anamnesis said:

So little update, I'm trying to finish the chainrasp unit, which will be my first unit of 20 dudes finished ever! Talk about milestones !

Though painting minis 10 by 10 is tyring, I'm not made for this ?

g6X85rE.jpg

I'll probably take a little break of my nighthaunt to do some 40k, but i'm still planning to finish 1k of nighthaunt at least!

Cheers!

Anamnesis

They look wonderful. Looking at the painting quality, I can only guess the amount of time needed for each miniature, and understand well why it's hard to end a "horde" unit.
Imho, I prefer a small and amazing vanguard army with a stunning paint work than a speed-painted 2k army.

On 10/17/2018 at 2:31 PM, Kokoshi said:

They look wonderful. Looking at the painting quality, I can only guess the amount of time needed for each miniature, and understand well why it's hard to end a "horde" unit.
Imho, I prefer a small and amazing vanguard army with a stunning paint work than a speed-painted 2k army.

Thank you! To be honest, this army is kinda speed painted for me, I tried to speed up the process as much as I can; finding shortcut whenever it's possible :) 

On 10/19/2018 at 10:34 PM, Nightcast Eternal said:

How did you do the sort of corroded effect on the metal, I looks wicked!

You can find a full step by step on my blog, link in sig or direct link to the article here !

On 10/20/2018 at 10:43 AM, Nixon said:

Amazing stuff. Nice blog as well. I really like how you use texture as a contrast to the ethereal parts. Im watching you.

Thank you very much! I'm being watched now :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2018 at 5:56 AM, Shroud Of Night said:

Fantastic work.  Love the warm reds and oranges in the corroded metal.  Beautiful army overall.

Thank you :)

On 11/10/2018 at 7:26 AM, Wraith01 said:

Great color scheme. I love the textured robes and blue flames...

I haven't painted mine yet, been trying to come up with a cool color combination... I have many ideas but fear of committing to any of them. 

I used the grimghast reaper from the soul wars box has test piece to choose to colour scheme, since you can't really do anything with only 4 

In the meantime, the 10 chainrasp are now finished ! happy time!

LjTmjfS.jpg

q5UFVfE.jpg

A little break to paint an astraeus for my primaris and i'll probably come back to my nighthaunt since I'm a proud owner of the 500th store anniversary mini which is gorgeous!

Anamnesis

Archived