Nighthaunt mini madness

Anamnesis

Hello,

Following my acquisition of Soul wars, I'm now working on painting my first army for AoS with the nighthaunt. I just love the model and the final test model being done, it's time to show him!

Here is the spirit torment, such a cool model, I just pinned him to a piece of wood on the base to limit the woobling effect ?
I wanted something a bit different for the colour scheme, hope you like him!

78CBf2I.jpg
5cGgApg.jpg
ZmtxaEQ.jpg
HpfdC4H.jpg

I'm already working on completing 10 chainrasp to follow up!

Cheers,

Anamnesis

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

They look awesome. How did you do the blue flames?

The blue flame is adriatic blue from scale, I blend some white in to highlight it and the i shade the top using huldra blue if i remember correctly
A tiny bit of black finish the effect :)

13 hours ago, pseudonyme said:

Wouaw. Mine seem dull in comparison, and I use fluorescent paints ?

Thanks buddy! The idea was to do a super bright army for a change ?

6 hours ago, ManyBothans said:

@Anamnesis -

wow that looks like an entry for golden demon... Awesome work ,and yeah the glow effect is Rad :P

the bases are crackle rock candy?...

Cheers, MB

Thanks mate, that's some high praise! but the idea was to speed paint them ?

It is in fact crackle rock candy for the ice :)

In the meantime, mister lord executionner is close to being finished, need to do the ropes and clean the transition between the axe and the ghost effect , really love this mini!

6QBGUmd.jpg

Cheers,

Anamnesis

On 8/31/2018 at 12:43 PM, KnaveOfScribes said:

Lovely work here man, really liking that almost scratchy looking finish to your Nighthaunt - it works really well with the darker colours used and is a refreshing change to the normal smooth ghosty look you see.

Thanks mate, I'm a big fan of your darkwood court !

On 8/31/2018 at 3:30 PM, Kisufisu said:

These are awesome! I think I saw a pic of your ice-base prototype a while back, somewhere on the internet. had to save it for inspiration. Mind sharing the recipe again?

I'm preparing a full tutorial, I just need to remember to take picture :P 

On 9/1/2018 at 3:08 AM, Kronos said:

My dude, these are really really cool, did you paint cloth?? Seriously stunning army. 

I tried to hehe, it's actually a nice change from painting simple edge highlight :)

Alright the guardian of souls and the lord executionner are in finishing touches for the bases, so I started on the most intimidating mini from the set

ycuWKRr.jpg

I'm also prepping the rest of the soul wars boxset, except from the grimghast, full steam ahead! And I can't wait to get my hands on the minis from nightvault !

The tutorial for the base will be on the knight of shroud, it's a big base it's easier to see :)

Cheers

Anamnesis

On 9/10/2018 at 2:17 PM, someone2040 said:

Really like the colour scheme you've got going there.

The brown 'tops' especially on the Executioner really reminds me of the Scarecrow batman villain.

I didn't think about it but now that you've said it ?

In the meantime, mister lord executionner is finished and the guardian not far behind!

LRUJthP.jpg

2EOJIt5.jpg

3pvU7UB.jpg

qRpgRXM.jpg

Probably my favorite mini :)

Cheers

Anamnesis

Archived