HELP WITH STORMCAST 1000PTS

reaper90

You might want to give a little detail; eg:

1) What models do you currently own

2) Pure Stormcast Eternals or Hammers or including other allies?

3) Have you any models of preference that you like to/want to use

4) Have you used a prior list of models and want it tweaking or adapting or just want to change from it

5) Any idea on your local club scene - any particularly hard lists to go up against that you are aware of or any specific ones that you have trouble with. 

6) Are you looking to stick to 1000 points or to build on it and grow it to 1500 and 2000 

In general the more info the better as it helps the advice be suited to your situation; otherwise its just any old 1K list. 

u r right...i have all the models released and so i have so many points...i m thinking on a 1000 pts list couse in my club we play turnament at that points...today i tryed 20 sequitors and they looks good... but on the other hand 400 pts is half the list...advice appreciated (only pure stormcast list no ally)

• 2 months later...

If you want to max out the sequitors and own all the models then here's my pitch for your 1000 army

Hammers of Sigmar

Lord-Castellant (100) [Defensive option ] / Gavriel Sureheart [Offensive option]

Astreia Solbright (220) - General

20 x Sequitors (400) /w 9 Grandmaces

5 x Judicators (160) with bows

5 x Vanguard-Hunters (120)

TOTAL: 1000/1000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 73

To be honest, in my opinion, if it is a 1000 tournament and if the battle plan have more than 3 objectives, a unit of 20 sequitors will limit your ability to capture points. If you insist to do so, I recommend you bring two units of skinks if you have them or willing to buy them(they are kind of cheap actually). 

I have my first 1000p list for shinny assess. What do you guys think?

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals - Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar

LEADERS

Knight-Incantor (140)

Lord-Ordinator (140) - General

Lord-Relictor (100)

UNITS

5 x Liberators (100) -Warhammer & Shield

3 x Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers (100)

WAR MACHINES

Celestar Ballista (100)

Celestar Ballista (100)

While SE are not my first choice army they are easiest to paint for a new player.

I prepared this list for my first match agains Nighthount.

Basically i used what i had in first starter and soulwars starter + some firepower (ballista + ordinator)

16 minutes ago, J.Z. said:

I have my first 1000p list for shinny assess. What do you guys think?

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals - Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar

LEADERS

Knight-Incantor (140)

Lord-Ordinator (140) - General

Lord-Relictor (100)

UNITS

3 x Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers (100)

WAR MACHINES

Celestar Ballista (100)

Celestar Ballista (100)

While SE are not my first choice army they are easiest to paint for a new player.

I prepared this list for my first match agains Nighthount.

Basically i used what i had in first starter and soulwars starter + some firepower (ballista + ordinator)

Why make ordinator your general?

My son's list I made is very similar. 

Lord Relictor (General, Ruby Ring, can't remember which trait I gave him) 

Lord Ordinator (Grandhammer) 

Knight Incantor

2x5 Liberators (1x Greatsword, 1x Grandhammer) 

1x5 Retributors 

2xBallista 

It made an absolute mess of my Order Serpentis army. Not an experienced gamer, and I was effectively playing myself, but the buffed Ballista were incredible. The Retributors were buffed by the Lord Relictor and they made an absolute blender as well. Liberators stick it out well, but I'm sure if you had them and wrangled the list, Sequitors I think are better. 

The Knight Incantor wasn't bad, but it was a lot of points at the 1k level that didn't do that much, against my Sorceress on a Balewind. The Dispel Scroll was useful though. Perhaps he could benefit more from the artefact, rather than the Lord Relictor? 

I'm tinkering with a list consisting of a grand convocation, spell portal and cogs to get an Incantor with staff of focus to do his thing plus a chain lightning in the middle of the enemy army with +2 to cast and an extra mortal wound on all the damage. Not mindbreakingly efficient, but boy will it get me evil looks for a one trick pony :D

Another good use for the Incantor is paired with hurricane raptors, -2 to run and charge is exponentially better than -1, moreso for units that rely on run and charge.

On 10/29/2018 at 6:22 PM, syph0n said:

My son's list I made is very similar. 

Lord Relictor (General, Ruby Ring, can't remember which trait I gave him) 

Lord Ordinator (Grandhammer) 

Knight Incantor

2x5 Liberators (1x Greatsword, 1x Grandhammer) 

1x5 Retributors 

2xBallista 

It made an absolute mess of my Order Serpentis army. Not an experienced gamer, and I was effectively playing myself, but the buffed Ballista were incredible. The Retributors were buffed by the Lord Relictor and they made an absolute blender as well. Liberators stick it out well, but I'm sure if you had them and wrangled the list, Sequitors I think are better. 

The Knight Incantor wasn't bad, but it was a lot of points at the 1k level that didn't do that much, against my Sorceress on a Balewind. The Dispel Scroll was useful though. Perhaps he could benefit more from the artefact, rather than the Lord Relictor? 

Yeah i was thinking about Retributors too but Prosecutors are faster and have ranged attack plus i got extra unit of liberators for some defensive options. 

Archived