Holy numbers for the lesser Gods of Chaos?

EccentricCircle

So, Each of the Great Gods of Chaos has a number associated with their worship, as does the Great Horned Rat. However i've never seen similar numbers for minor chaos gods like Hashut. Does anyone know if the various renegade gods were ever given numbers, or if any details of their mortal followers have been fleshed out.

I'm considering a warband of marauders led by a warqueen who has been "chosen" by the Renegade Gods to try to take down the Everchosen. They have grown  tired of the unchanging inflexibility of Archaeon's regime and decided that it is time for change. Whether Tzeetch will get in on the action too remains to be seen. Not sure quite how it will all play out, but am reading up on some of the older chaos lore to try to get some ideas.

Hi. I am a Chaos-dwarf  player. Suddenly not sure about Hashut. I think I recall sonething about 4s and multiples of 4. There is loads of background fan based and gw over at chaos dwarfs online(chaos-dwarfs.com) if you want to look. I’ll put up a thread there as well to try to get an answsr on the number

Okay. I knew there was somethinh over at cdo and they did not let me down. Sadly I am too rubbish to know how to put a link in but if you go to chaos-dwarfs.com an look at ‘todays posts’ you will find a thread that links to a discussion. Best to read it as no clear answers but multiple choices.

for ypur army you might be better searchong on cdo for a thread they had there on chaos-dwarf runes. These are cannon from gw or fw. Lots to chppse from for banners etc.

Hope this helps and good luck (Down with Archaon!)

Old retconned god Malal had 11 as his holy number and he was always trying to destroy Chaos as he was God of Anarchy. Not so long ago in White Dwarf, Grombrindal said that there also exists Chaos God of Painting and his holy number is two (thin coats, of course). ;) 

Joking aside, you can invent your own gods and assign them suitable number (e.g. Chaos God of Hitchhiking should have 42 as his holy number).

Thanks for the information folks, having a number for Malal and more info on Hashut is very useful. I'm basically looking for a reason to team up my chaos dwarves with other chaos factions, so that's handy.

Interestingly I came across some unused concept art for daemons of malal on an oldhammer site, and they seem to have shared some creative DNA with D&D's hook horrors, so miniatures do effectively exist for them. I'll find the page again and post a link.

I wonder what Daemons of Hashut would be like, that could be a fun conversion project.

Daemons of Hashut now theres a  question. I am not sure if I have ever seen a conversion over at cdo, but it is worth a look. I guess  a lot of fire and bull iconography.

As for why they would team up. Well if Khorne is anger/rage, Tzeench trickery/deceit, Slaneesh lust and Nurgle rot then I always had Hashut down as Greed. That would fit with a dwarf evil god (equivalent to Mammon).  In WHFB Archaon recruit cds by trading for hell cannons. So maybe Malal offeed a better deal? Or  the others renegaded on a payment. To fit in with the Soul Wars you could imagine that Hashut needs sacificed souls to achieve  corporeal form after the end times. This would explain the. CD obsession with slaves. With Nagash taking all he can now maybe the big four are trying to duvert those destined for Hashut to themselves and Malal offered a better deal.

Ok . There is quite a bit over at chaos-dwarfs.com

here is one old link

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4850

there is a lot more too if you search

I had been thinking of a Hashut daemon army myself. It is going to be counts as nurgle ( if interested why look up my blog on cdo)

here is what I was thinking

Hashutlings count as nurglings: There is a guy at cdo Tjub ( awesome blog) who sculpts and casts 15mm big hat cds (sold at admiralty miniatures). He does some without big hats but with skeleton masks I think 6-7 of them plus command would be awesome. Or if you preferred steampunk someone suggested epic scale killercans

Flamebringers count as plaguebearers

For these I was thinking mantic lower abyssal horde. They do a version with fireballs for hands. So shorten legs and arms, bulls horns, reduce chins (you’ll see) and big beards or flaming beards?

Beasts of Hashut counts as beasts of Nurgle I was thinking flaming Shedu (leave a trail of Fire). Shedu were traditional ?babylonian? Monsters, bull body but head (only head) of a horned bearded man. Not sure what to use as bodies, possibly bulked up chaos knight horses or for steampunk use juggernauts.

plague drones: still thinking on this

gnarlmaws mini volcanoes/lava pools (wargamma)

greater daemon of Hashut

? Don’t know. Giant firey Lammasu something like the balrog model or steampunk k’daii destroyer look

That counts as list sounds awesome, and thanks for the link to the threads on CDO. I tried to sign up for that forum when I first started collecting Chaos Dwarves, but never recieved the confirmation email, it was very strange.
This is the article I found about Daemons of Malal, the greater Daemon would be complex to convert, but the lesser daemon is basically a hook horror.

http://realmofchaos80s.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-malignancy-of-malal-malals-daemonic.html

Hi eccentricircle

Hope the stuff helped. I just started a thread on Daemons of Hashut over at cdo. Sorry to hear about the email. I have contacted the admin team for advice. TGA is awesome for tactics and army building and cdo has so much hobby and fluff. I like both (greedy I guess).

I’ll let you guys know if I get more ideas back on Daemons or have a look yourselves

7 hours ago, Uther the unhinged said:

Hi EccentricCircle

the admin team at cdo send their apologies. They say to try again. Give it a shot. It took me a couple of tries but I put that down to me being useless at tech. I think they have a few problems too but they are nice if not as quick as TGA

Awesome, thank you, I am now on.

Thinking anout a Hashut Daemon army over at chaos dwarfs online

So far got this

OK  where have we got to

Battleline
Flamebringers/plaguebearers-converted/dwarfified mantic lower abyssals

Hashutling/nurglings-Skeleton masked Tjublings

Flaming Bull Bats/plague drones-(I just love this idea) with flamebringer riders

Beasts of Hasut/Nurgle- Flaming Shedu ( bull headed juggernauts)

Daemon Prince of Hashut/Nurgle- Bat winged Doombull (just coz I want a doombull) maybe with Lammasu head

Greater Daemon of Hasut/GUO- winged Ghorgon maybe with the mantic winged halfbreed head if scale is OK

Pyroclastus Magma/Horticulois Slime:Not sure I see a dwarf/flamebringer on a Flaming Shedu maybe o minotaur on Shedu from a mournfang?

Lava pools/gnarlmaws

Of course for Khorne flamebringers would do as well as bloodletters, bull headed juggernauts as juggernauts, a flame cannon for a skull cannon is easy for cds, Daemon prince and greater Daemon would be the same. Flesh hounds I see as flaming shedu using chaos knight horses as base models

Not sure for counts as Tzeench or Slaneesh

For some fan fluff on minor gods try this

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=15977

Nice, I love the idea of using Lava pools for Gnarlmaws. There is some great conversion potential in your list. I'd not thought about using the mantic abyssals, which is odd, since I have some of their gargoyle troops in my Chaos Dwarf Army. I'll definitely need to take a look at their models and think about what I could covert.

The linked thread is also great. That description of the wheel of chaos is precisely the kind of thing I'm after. It gives a nice framework to consider how their worship ties together. It might not be directly relevant to the numbers, but is certianly useful.

Going back to numbers, I'm going to go with 12 for Hashut, as suggested in the linked CDO thread. Its one I was wondering about already, for similar reasons. Since Malal is confirmed to be 11 that gives us the following sequence:

6: Slaanesh
7: Nurgle
8: Khorne
9: Tzeetch

10:

11: Malal

12: Hashut

13: The Horned Rat

So is 10 a better fit for Necoho, or Zuvassin, and which way should the sequence be extended in order to provide a number for the other?

Thinking about an alliance and war band of renegade chaos gods

obviously Hashut is dawi zharr

I think Malal should be Slaves to Darkness and possibly the leading warqueen (a black and white theme couls work well on her)

No Zubassin the undoer who makes all plans go awry, lord of anarchy. Well if he is not a beastman god I don’t know who should be. 

As for Nechoho seeing as he doesn’t actually want followers he could be represented by one allied sorceror type.

Malal daemons I guess should be counts as Tzeench given his desire to overthrow/change everything. Zuvassin daemons could clearly be counts as Khorne given his anarchic anti plan nature. Would Nechpho even have daemons?

What do you think?

Interesting ideas. I agree on a lot of it.

I have a full Dawi Zharr army; The High Guard of Azmantar, so they can send as many soldiers as are needed for the cause. I also have a few converted dwarves in more of a "Chaos Marauder" style, who might fit better with their Chaos Marauder allies. As we've already discussed there is plenty of potential for modelling Daemon's of Hashut, and I want to make a giant Ziggurat of riveted iron plates, with a chaos warshrine mounted on top.  It can be pulled into battle by my Iron Daemons to draw the baleful eye of Hashut upon the battlefield.

I like the idea of Beastmen being Zuvassin's followers. As you say it makes perfect sense that they would follow the god of Anarchy. There probably won't be much action on this front for a while, miniature wise. I don't currently have many Beastmen, and this army needs to stay at the hypothetical stage for the time being while I finish up some other painting projects...

The core of the group will be the Warqueen; Elsa Ragnarsdotti, and her retinue of Slaves to Darkness, so a mix of marauders and maybe the odd Chaos Warrior. Having many of them in Malalite regalia would certainly look striking. I've already given my Elsa a black cloak, so that works well. I don't seem to have any hook horrors in my collection of D&D minis, but I'm sure I can acquire some down the line and paint them up in Malal's colours. I came across an interesting thread suggesting that Tyranids might have originated as Daemons of Malal, so that's worth thinking on. There's certainly potential for insect like creatures to convert from them.

I was thinking that Necoho might only have Daemons, but no mortal followers. He doesn't want worshipers, but Daemon's don't worship their chaos gods, they are just manifestations of their power. So long as enough people believe in Necoho for it to exist within the Realm of Chaos, I don't see why it wouldn't have Daemons. What form those daemons might take... that's another question!

Then there are the Four Great Gods of Chaos, and the Great Horned Rat. I don't think that they should be ruled out entirely. Just because Archaeon is their current chosen one doesn't mean that they wouldn't be interested in following the progress of other potential candidates. I sort of like the idea of the force having almost "ambassador daemons" from each of the ruinous powers to sort of keep tabs on how the force is doing. Tzeetch might even go further and play an active role, after all, change is his thing.

Edit: here's the link to the bit about Tyranids: https://spikeybits.com/2018/05/40k-conspiracy-theory-tyranids-started-as-daemons.html

I’d love to see your daw zharr army and the ziggurat when it is done. Is it up here? Could you put it on CDO?

I love tyrannid bits. You can have fun with them. I have used them to create a CD tamurkans horde here 

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17110&page=5

but forgive  my painting and sculpting. 

I certainly think Hormagaunts would be great battle line daemons,  Then going with counts as Tzeench for Malal  tyrannid warriors as flamers, flying chatiots pulled by tyrannid harpies, maybe 3 harpies=1 screamer? As for greater daemon add wings and take your pick! 

Still thinking about Zuvassin and Necohoh

Those are some very cool designs. Very creepy!

This is probably the best group shot of my Chaos Dwarf army:

Its a mix of classic models and the newer Forgeworld stuff. I also got them a Magmadroth, because they saw that Fyreslayers had them and got jealous.

My plan with the Ziggurat project is to design a 3d printable framework, which I can then attach plasticard plates to. I've got various spare canons and gears that I can use, and will probably make some custom wheels, in the style of the forgeworld ones.

IMG_5874.JPG

Wow thats a big force! Archaon is in trouble. You really should show them over at cdo they would love them. The ziggurat idea sound great. I think there is a tutorial on cdo about wheels from pladtic tops. No really they look great! 

I did the stealing of a magmadroth. We need more monsters! Hence my strange force.

Archived