Fimir Are Now Battleline!

Shearl

Greetings,

Luck would have it that FW updated their rules, and Fimir warriors are now battleline if the Fimir Noble is general. 

I'm not sure what effect this might have for destruction players as a whole. but I'm super pleased.

fimir bl.JPG

When you look at their stats fimir are actually really solid.

• -1 to hit at range
  • 4+ save
  • 5++ MW save
  • -2 Rend on the majority of their attacks
  • 2" range on their important attacks
  • Small MW output
  • Small Regeneration

Also the noble is Bravery 9 if you take the trait which lets one of your units use your generals bravery, that's really high for destruction.

Honestly, given their 140 points cost for both the noble and 3 warriors, it's a huge boon for destruction. They give us access to a type of battleline that we just didn't have before. Ogors are nice at 120 points but the 5+ save and no rend attacks are both big negatives for them. Fimir on the other hand are going to chew the hard targets that we struggled with before!

I think it's really important for mixed destruction not to mention you can finally run a full fimir list if you really hate your money :D 

Spoiler

Fimirach Noble (140)
Fimirach Noble (140)
Fimirach Noble (140)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)

9 x Fimir Warriors (420)
9 x Fimir Warriors (420)
6 x Fimir Warriors (280)
6 x Fimir Warriors (280)

Malevolent Maelstrom (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 149

@Drofnum they used to be Battleline If but had no model (or Warscroll) for the Leader.  This was the case throughout the GH and GH17 era.

Then when the FW update dropped a few weeks ago, they finally got their Leader...but lost their Battleline If status.  So for the first couple of weeks of 2.0 they were in limbo.

This update finally brings it all together, and Destruction has its own complete FW army.  Its own teeny tiny, complete, wonderful FW army.

(Also FWIW the Noble model was already available, but he was meant to be a unit leader - the Warscroll and Pitched Battle profile were new stats for an existing model).

So pleased they did this.

18 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

LOVE THIS!

LOVE THIS SO MUCH!

Personally my plan is to use them in a monster mash army, with some of the FW models I don't use much (Dread Maw, Basilisk) and a heap of Troggoths.

Although as @Malakree correctly states, they could be a legit option in Mixed Destro.

Time to make another entry in the Stupid Lists thread!

10 hours ago, Malakree said:

When you look at their stats fimir are actually really solid.

• -1 to hit at range
  • 4+ save
  • 5++ MW save
  • -2 Rend on the majority of their attacks
  • 2" range on their important attacks
  • Small MW output
  • Small Regeneration

Also the noble is Bravery 9 if you take the trait which lets one of your units use your generals bravery, that's really high for destruction.

Honestly, given their 140 points cost for both the noble and 3 warriors, it's a huge boon for destruction. They give us access to a type of battleline that we just didn't have before. Ogors are nice at 120 points but the 5+ save and no rend attacks are both big negatives for them. Fimir on the other hand are going to chew the hard targets that we struggled with before!

I think it's really important for mixed destruction not to mention you can finally run a full fimir list if you really hate your money :D 

Reveal hidden contents

Fimirach Noble (140)
Fimirach Noble (140)
Fimirach Noble (140)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)

9 x Fimir Warriors (420)
9 x Fimir Warriors (420)
6 x Fimir Warriors (280)
6 x Fimir Warriors (280)

Malevolent Maelstrom (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 149

sadly, 140 pts for 3 guys with 3 wounds and 3 attacks dmg 1 is quite... meh 

14 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

Now if only they would update the GHB and make Troggoths battleline  if you have a Troggoth Hag as your general.  That would be amazing.

I wonder how they could weasel their way into that. Since the GW books never acknowledge FW stuff, it'll never be in the GHB. I guess they could give the hag as special rule on her warscroll that decrees when she is taken as general, troggoths gain battleline.

21 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

An army of Fimir with various "marshy" or "swampy" monsters (e.g. Merwyrm, various Troggoths, etc.) could be pretty cool.

Imagery could really lean into that Iron Age British / Celtic vibe they have going on.

The Deepkin need their Fishmen rivals!

Well either that or Albion somehow comes back.?

image.png.dce42b23925a8eee052dd131f96331e3.png

Archived