Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enoby

The New FAQ (23/07/2018)

Recommended Posts

I guess I'm only seeing part of the update, since I don't see any changes to Kroak, Malign Sorcery, or Sylvaneth... Might be an issue with cached data?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PJetski said:

I guess I'm only seeing part of the update, since I don't see any changes to Kroak, Malign Sorcery, or Sylvaneth... Might be an issue with cached data?

There are changes in the designer's commentary section that you may have missed :) I know that's what I missed the first time looking through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same problem when going through Warhammer Community main site. It works better through your direct link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Enoby said:

There are changes in the designer's commentary section that you may have missed :) I know that's what I missed the first time looking through. 

I don't see anything in there about Sylvaneth, Seraphon, or Malign Sorcery

If somebody could post direct links that would be helpful

Edited by PJetski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things I was surprised by:

  • Ghoul Patrol explicitly lets you rise above starting size
  • Evocators can cast a spell out of the Lore of Invigoration
  • Daemon Prince finally gets the Slaves to Darkness keyword, so he's not an ally in his own army lol

Everything else I've read has played out more or less how I expected.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

Fairly big change to spell portal - now only one spell per turn & geminids can only afect one unit per turn. Lens can only be used on one spell per turn also.

I can't find endless spell changes, where you seeing this under?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Galas said:

Guys, you haven't mentioned the most important change:

 

YES! 

Yeah I saw that - as I'm not totally up on Chaos I assume this means that Beasts of Chaos faction arises once more?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Galas said:

Guys, you haven't mentioned the most important change:

{Monsters of Chaos}

YES! 

Haha this one was so borked last edition.  They left them out of the StD ally list, then added them in via a hard-to-search-for Community post which then never made it into any official errata, and then the list of what exactly counted as "Monsters of Chaos" was never right...

Glad they got it closer this time, and it's almost there from the start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nine7six said:

I can't find endless spell changes, where you seeing this under?

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/age_of_sigmar_malign_sorcery_designers_commmentary_en.pdf

 

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/age_of_sigmar_malign_sorcery_errata_en.pdf

 

It's a separate page a little further down for the Malign Sorcery book Most aren't highlighted in pin....magenta  because its a new book 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're on chrome you have to do a hard reset of your cache.  I also had to resort by A-Z then resort by date changed to get the links to refresh to the latest version

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The people arguing Guardian of Souls gets a Lore of the Dead in LON are probably pretty sad right now.

"Q: If I include a Guardian of Souls in a Legions of Nagash army, can it receive a spell from any of the Lores of the Dead?
A: No."

From LON Designer's Commentary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ianob said:

I'm imagining the many people arguing that a) you could cast Endless Spells through a portal and b) you could cast Endless Spells with Curseling, Nagash etc that your enemy knows in matched play, preparing their "but but but" responses right now.

Do you mean the Changeling or am I not finding something about the Curseling?  I still only see the one question about the Curseling casting endless spells it denied, answered 'yes.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So just to make sure I've got this right, they've cleared up that when you take a specific allegiance to get benefits like battleline access you can't take generic allegiance abilities, but allegiances without allegiance abilities basically inherit their GA allegiance abilities. So we've been playing it right to give destruction allegiance to a Moonclan army with squig battle line, but no with Ironjawz using destruction allegiance.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jacksmiles said:

Do you mean the Changeling or am I not finding something about the Curseling?  I still only see the one question about the Curseling casting endless spells it denied, answered 'yes.'

The FAQ clarification really only addresses Match Play. If you "steal" an endless spell in Match Play, you must have paid the point cost to be able to cast it yourself.

In Open and Narrative Play, nothing has changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Choombatta said:

The FAQ clarification really only addresses Match Play. If you "steal" an endless spell in Match Play, you must have paid the point cost to be able to cast it yourself.

In Open and Narrative Play, nothing has changed.

Edit: Found it.  Thanks again!

Edited by Jacksmiles
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

So just to make sure I've got this right, they've cleared up that when you take a specific allegiance to get benefits like battleline access you can't take generic allegiance abilities, but allegiances without allegiance abilities basically inherit their GA allegiance abilities. So we've been playing it right to give destruction allegiance to a Moonclan army with squig battle line, but no with Ironjawz using destruction allegiance.

Exactly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder about the last line in the allegiance ability section: "Note that if allegiance abilities exist for a faction army, you must use them."

To me that sounds like I can only use brayherd units in a brayherd army and I can no longer make a 2000 point generic chaos list that has around 1000 points of brayherd and 1000 points of warherd since I would have to use brayherd allegiance and could only have 400 points of other.

I feel like I must be missing something since this seems crazy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One sad thing is that they confirm that allied wizards can't use the lore from the faction they are allied too

Q: Can allied Heroes be given artefacts of power, and can allied Wizards be given spells from a spell lore? A: No to both questions.

Which kind of lowers the strength of adding in allied wizards; meaning that you're taking them for their base stats and abilities and an extra counter-casting roll. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NemoVonUtopia said:

I wonder about the last line in the allegiance ability section: "Note that if allegiance abilities exist for a faction army, you must use them."

To me that sounds like I can only use brayherd units in a brayherd army and I can no longer make a 2000 point generic chaos list that has around 1000 points of brayherd and 1000 points of warherd since I would have to use brayherd allegiance and could only have 400 points of other.

I feel like I must be missing something since this seems crazy.

No, that's still GA Chaos army. That rule forbids making full Brayherd army (with optional allies) and using GA Chaos abilities, but an army made of mix of them (with a number of Warherd units exceeding ally points threshold) is still good as a GA Chaos army.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

I wonder about the last line in the allegiance ability section: "Note that if allegiance abilities exist for a faction army, you must use them."

To me that sounds like I can only use brayherd units in a brayherd army and I can no longer make a 2000 point generic chaos list that has around 1000 points of brayherd and 1000 points of warherd since I would have to use brayherd allegiance and could only have 400 points of other.

I feel like I must be missing something since this seems crazy.

You are. You choose and build for your allegiance first. A 1k/1k mixed army would have to choose Chaos allegiance. Just having some troops with a faction keyword doesn't force you into that allegiance.

What the FAQ is saying is that if you choose say, Beastclaw allegiance, you have to use Beastclaw abilities because they exist. On the other hand, if you choose Gutbusters, you can use Destruction abilities because Gutbusters don't have any abilities of their own.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Overread said:

One sad thing is that they confirm that allied wizards can't use the lore from the faction they are allied too

 

 

Which kind of lowers the strength of adding in allied wizards; meaning that you're taking them for their base stats and abilities and an extra counter-casting roll. 

 

 

They can still cast their own special spell, Realm spells and any Endless Spells you've paid for. As a Destruction player I didn't even really know what a Lore was! ; ;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm baffled why of all factions Clan Skyre got crushed by the nerfbat... Why, GW?

Was there a rat infestation at your headquarters and the Skaven got nerfed in retaliation? Did one of you just learn European history and decide to punish rats for the Black Plague? Did someone play the Fall Out Boy song "Rat-A-Tat-Tat" one too many times and you got sick of being reminded of Ratling Gunners so you nerfed their biggest buff? 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lord_Skrolk said:

I'm baffled why of all factions Clan Skyre got crushed by the nerfbat... Why, GW?

Was there a rat infestation at your headquarters and the Skaven got nerfed in retaliation? Did one of you just learn European history and decide to punish rats for the Black Plague? Did someone play the Fall Out Boy song "Rat-A-Tat-Tat" one too many times and you got sick of being reminded of Ratling Gunners so you nerfed their biggest buff? 

 

 

It's definitely the reason-cause. It's not because of Verminus squealers, no-no! Skryre clans deserved this nerf, yes-yes :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...