AoS 2 - Mixed Destruction Discussion

broche

On 8/30/2018 at 2:36 AM, broche said:

no,  but on paper they are fine. Arrowboys are 15 damages average, 60 life at 6+ for for 420 pts. However the do get rend 1 agains monster (huge buff). The do however have lots of buff available cause they have a book, make them much better in non-mixed army.

40 orruk is 280 pts, will do 10 shooting damage if they don't move. 40 life at 5+.  The do however double their melee output if they are 20+.

Best choice IMO for generic battle line is gitmob grot with bow. You loose 2 inch range, but they  can move withouth penalty, and for 80 pts you can add the shaman his spell does +1 to wound and add rend 13. 33 damage average while more than 30, but 20 with the spell (work on their melee weapon too). 270 pts only for the 60 goblin. 

Problem is, painting 3 x 60 of those guy would be painful!

Totally agree, I use a block of 60 Arrow Grots + Shaman as a buliding block for a lot of Destruction armies.

Only thing I would point out is that the Greenskinz (or Arrow Boys) can buff the Weirdnob Shaman's casting if you wanted to go down that path.

...but I still use the Gitmob archers :-)

6 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

block of 60 Arrow Grots + Shaman as a buliding block for a lot of Destruction armies.

I can't make lists without this. Its ALWAYS in the list. Usually with the burning head for even more arrows hitting. 

They are such great value and absolute murderers when used right. I usually put the destruciton move on them as priority to get in shooting range, then charge as well if sneaky goes off just to get in place for the turn after. 

Edited by Sheriff
  • Like 4

I thought I would post my mounted Greenskinz/Gutstompaz list here. I ran them yesterday against a plague cyst nurgle list and while I lost, they did surpringly well. The wolf riders especially surprised me. If they have sneaky stabbin they're pretty good and lasted for several rounds of melee combat against rending blightkings.

Allegiance: Greenskinz
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Orruk Warboss On Wyvern (240)
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
Orruk Warboss (140)
- General
- Great Waaagh Banner
Gitmob Grot Shaman (80)
- Mount: Giant Wolf
- Allies

Battleline
10 x Orruk Boarboys (200)
5 x Orruk Boarboys (100)
5 x Orruk Boarboys (100)

Units
15 x Grot Wolf Riders (270)
- Shields & Slittas & Wolf Bows
- Allies

Behemoths
Rogue Idol (400)

Endless Spells
Malevolent Maelstrom (20)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 350 / 400
Wounds: 146

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Gonna try running this for a bit taking inspiration from some of the Mixed Destruction lists that are doing well at the moment, but with my own twist (that obviously makes it less good).

Main aim is to get Foot of Gork off on a 7 or 6 with Arcane terrain using the Arrowboys and the Idol. Savage Boss to keep up the Kunnin’ Rukk going. Fungoid to get the Boars running and charging across the board turn 1. Grot and Orruk bodies to hold objectives. Idol to smash face if necessary. Healing items to keep heroes up. Obviously it’s not Kryptonite and is fairly dice dependent but feedback appreciated.

Allegiance: Destruction
Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Savage Big Boss (120)
- Artefact: Greenglade Flask 
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)
- General
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
- Artefact: Wand of Restoration 

Battleline
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
- Chompas
20 x Moonclan Grots (130)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
20 x Moonclan Grots (130)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields

Units
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (420)
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (280)

Behemoths
Rogue Idol (400)

Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (200)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 182

• Like 2

On 12/17/2018 at 5:02 PM, kenshin620 said:

Big FAQ can now let Firestorm allegiances take allies. Gutstompas looking a bit more viable now!

Though you really need to lug around the book or copy pasted pages to show your opponent "so this is the random buff I get"

Got pretty hyped about that :) Been a bit bummed that I can't bring Gorgers in my destruction army because it'd mess up my Gutstompa's, but now that's not an issue at all! 

Alas, no Overtyrant though :( Unless I can also ally that in? A bit confused about how allying things into a general destruction allegiance works, tbh.

Edited by Mayple

• 3 weeks later...

What are peoples thoughts on the loonking in a mixed destruction list. I know you loose out on his CA, but meh he generates an average 1cp a turn casts 2 spells and can use the cauldron for +2 for cast and unbind not to mention access to all the nice shiny new spells.

Need a bit more time to work on a list i would be happy with but it sounds like a good starting point.

On 1/9/2019 at 1:09 AM, Davros said:

What are peoples thoughts on the loonking in a mixed destruction list.

I've just been working on a list using Skragrott, based mainly on models already painted. The list I'm currently considering is:-

Realm - Hysh

Skragrott - General

Warboss on Wyvern - Aetherquartz Brooch

Gitmob Grot Shaman

Megaboss

40 Orruks 2 choppas (BL)

60 Gitmob Grots with bows (BL)

20 Gitmob Grots spears and shields (BL)

10 Ardboyz

10 Ardboyz

3 Goregruntas

3 Fellwater Troggoths

This is exactly 2000 points.

Looking to farm CPs mainly for the Waaaghs.  Also taking the Arachnacauldron gives you access to the Moonclan spells.  This allows you to teleport the Troggoths pretty much anywhere (or the Loonking onto an objective).  Itchy nuisance and Call Da Moon are also pretty useful.

All I need is Skragrott himself and 3 fellwater Troggoths  (I only have 1 metal one from the days when you could take them singly).  I have 2 Warchanters, another Meagaboss and 5Brutes available, but went with the Megaboss rather than Warchanter to have 2 heroes with the Waaagh ability.  I know that Skragrott's CP ability is a bit hit and miss, but that's the Green Tide for you and the Brooch will help.

What do you think?  Any advice happily received.  Will probably be slowly building up a Gloomspite collection, but in the meantime I can get this on the table relatively quickly.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So i had this idea for a while now. I was thinking of some lists including Gordrakk for mixed destruction. My first list is super alpha strikey, but probably has some crazy damaging potential.  It does sadly lack enough heroes to fill out all the artefacts, but it does deploy Gordrakk well within the mixture. Let me know what you think and i'm curious to some more of these mixed lists as well!

Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (300)
- General
- Trait: Ravager
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales

Gordrakk, the Fist of Gork (580)

Battlelines
10 x Orruks (80)
10 x Orruks (80)
10 x Orruks (80)

Behemoths: 
Mangler Squigs 
(240)

Units:
10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)

Battalions
Squig Rider Stampede (140)
Squigalanche (90)

Total: 1990/ 2000
Extra CP: 2
Wounds: 109

Explanation:
Obviously this list will be rather fast and hopefully hard hitting. With the destruction allegiance abilities and ravager, we can boost the speed a bit. The Boingrot Bounderz will benefit from re-rolls on their movements if needed. Sadly we can't benefit from the Squiqalanche ability since there won't be a bad moon, but it does pull both the mangler squigs and Loonboss on mangler squigs in a battalion to benefit from Gordrakk's Voice of Gork ability. Now I am hesitating to get rid of the Squigalanche altogether, put the Manglers in the Squig Stampede and run the Loonboss on Mangler Squig Seperate. Sadly that would mean no Voice of Gork for him, which means that he would have a hard time keeping up with the list. Alternatively I could include something like a Fungoid Cave-Shaman in there and generate some extra CP for the list. Let me know if you know of some improvements to the list, I would love to make this work!

• Like 1

Fun Fact: this would also qualify for Stoneklaw's Gutstompas (Firestorm), because everything has Ironjawz, Greenskinz or Moonclan keywords :D Edit: Firestorm cannot include named characters, boo!

I'm really interested in lists like this, in fact we were discussing a similar topic in the Destruction WhatsApp last night.

I love the explosive potential of the extra Mangler in the Batallion...I do wonder though if those points could just go on extra Boingrots instead?

In the version below you would have 10 attacks per Bounder = 300 high quality attacks, plus the Mortal Wound output, plus the Mangler, plus Gordrakk :D

2 attacks base + 2 from Gordrakk + 1 from Snufflers per unit.  Times 2 weapon profiles, times 30 Boingrots :D

(That might be going too far to be fair...you might be better off upgrading at least some the Orruks to Gitmob Grots for screening purposes, or putting in a third Hero).

Allegiance: Stoneklaw's Gutstompas
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (300)
- General
- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak 
Gordrakk the Fist of Gork (580)

Battleline
10 x Orruks (80)
- Choppas & Shields
10 x Orruks (80)
- Choppas & Shields
10 x Orruks (80)
- Choppas & Shields

Units
15 x Boingrot Bounderz (300)
6 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)
6 x Sneaky Snufflers (70)

Battalions

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 141

Edited by PlasticCraic
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

2 attacks base + 2 from Gordrakk + 1 from Snufflers per unit.  Times 2 weapon profiles, times 30 Boingrots 

Haha!!! I’ve been thinking of dropping the normal manglers and squigalanche myself and add another 15 boingrots. Going 15, 10, 10, since the stampede allows for 3 units of boingrots.

Which would be 280 attacks. Having the 3 units would make the list more flexible in terms of mobile bodies. I didn’t think of the sneaky snufflers, but they can buff on turn 1 of course. After the initial alpha strike though, i feel they fall of to such a degree that they are more useless than the 10 orruk bodies protecting objectives, since all they’ll do is trying to catch up for like 1-2 turns i expect.

So alternatively I would run:

Leaders
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (300)
- General

Battlelines
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
10 x Orruks (80)

Units:
10 x Boingrot Bounderz
 (200)
15 x Boingrot Bounderz (300)

Battalions

Total: 2000/ 2000
Extra CP: 1
Wounds: 147

Also doppleganger? You would take it purely for the turn that the mangler attacks? The thing is the loonboss probably can’t join the fight on the initial alpha strike, which sucks. That’s because he’s outside of battalions and therefore can’t benefit from gordrakk’s voice of gork. Unless i’m wrong and you are allowed to take the Loonboss on Mangler Squigs as the 0-1 Mangler Squigs requirement in the Squig Stampede? Let me know. If not.... i might even consider taking something like the Gryph-Feather Charm, to buff him with +1” move and have the 6” destruction move go off on him. It sucks we can’t have squig lure in here, making him able to run and charge, but oh well.

EDIT: Changed the  battleline, since we now have 40p to play with, we can have 2 units of gitmob grots. Probably would run jabbin’ spears on them. Not only does it allow them to have a 5+ save till they have 9 bodies in a unit, they’ll also have a 5+ 4+ in combat opposed to 5+ 5+ and initially even a 4+ 4+ if they are full strength. Taking the bows would give them the 16” 4+ 5+ shots, but getting shot once and they go down to 5+ 5+. vs melee heavy armies perhaps the bows are nicer. Once again let me know what the general concensus is about running Gitmob Grots as objective holders in MSU.

Edited by That Guy

Alternatively, i would run the initial 2 x 10, and add in a Madcap Shaman to protecc 1 of the boingrots or the Manglers against shooting attacks at first. And later he can target Gordrakk. It also leaves room to include Quicksilver Blades for dealing with some chaff or swap out an Orruk unit for a gitmob grot unit. Let me know what you would do!

Leaders
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (300)
- General

Madcap Shaman (80)

Battlelines
10 x Orruks (80)
10 x Orruks (80)
10 x Orruks (80)

Behemoths: 
Mangler Squigs
 (240)

Units:
10 x Boingrot Bounderz
 (200)

Battalions

Endless Spells
Quicksilver Blades (20)

Wounds: 113

PS: If you want an excuse to get Gordrakk outside of Ironjawz, like me, because he is cool. This is it.

Edited by That Guy

List looks good!

10 hours ago, That Guy said:

Also doppleganger? You would take it purely for the turn that the mangler attacks? The thing is the loonboss probably can’t join the fight on the initial alpha strike, which sucks. That’s because he’s outside of battalions and therefore can’t benefit from gordrakk’s voice of gork. Unless i’m wrong and you are allowed to take the Loonboss on Mangler Squigs as the 0-1 Mangler Squigs requirement in the Squig Stampede? 

No you are correct, my mistake.  Most of my Squig armies have included the Squigalanche, and he can be part of that one, which is where I got confused...the Stampede is only the "basic" Mangler.

10 hours ago, That Guy said:

EDIT: Changed the  battleline, since we now have 40p to play with, we can have 2 units of gitmob grots. Probably would run jabbin’ spears on them. Not only does it allow them to have a 5+ save till they have 9 bodies in a unit, they’ll also have a 5+ 4+ in combat opposed to 5+ 5+ and initially even a 4+ 4+ if they are full strength. Taking the bows would give them the 16” 4+ 5+ shots, but getting shot once and they go down to 5+ 5+. vs melee heavy armies perhaps the bows are nicer. Once again let me know what the general concensus is about running Gitmob Grots as objective holders in MSU.

I'm not sure about the consensus, but in my Mixed lists I strongly prefer Gitmob over Orruks if I can find the extra 20 points somewhere.  They've won me a lot of games, on those small bases, being ignored then swamping Objectives late on!

• Like 1

On 2/28/2019 at 11:47 AM, That Guy said:

Alternatively, i would run the initial 2 x 10, and add in a Madcap Shaman to protecc 1 of the boingrots or the Manglers against shooting attacks at first. And later he can target Gordrakk. It also leaves room to include Quicksilver Blades for dealing with some chaff or swap out an Orruk unit for a gitmob grot unit. Let me know what you would do!

I'm joining the discussion because I love the idea ! My guess is to make this combo the most powerful we need to use the Voice of Gork on as many units as we can and 2x10 Bounderz is not enough to me. Atleast 3x10/15 Bounderz and if possible a regular Manglers is the way to go.

I like the idea and want to try to make it kind of competitive if possible :)

• Like 1

So I just started thinking about using Gordrakk with a massive Troggherd battalion.  That seems like it might be hilariously fun.

You can put gargants into the troggherd.  An extra 2 attacks for each of their weapons is quite disgusting.  However, Gordrakk apparently makes them so absurdly excited that they become about 3 times as prone to falling down on the charge (roughly 44% chance - lol).  I don’t really mind the normal chance to fall down but the odds with 3d6 are just hilariously awful.  But you also can opt to not roll the extra dice for the charge it looks like.

I’m not saying a Giant is anything more than a fun inclusion in this case - but a giant with 3 headbutts and 3 kicks is a nasty proposition that could catch someone hilariously off guard.

Troggbosses and Dankholds would also get 3 attacks each with their crushing grip attack which could potentially be really disgusting.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 1:11 AM, Arkahn said:

Atleast 3x10/15 Bounderz and if possible a regular Manglers is the way to go

Possible indeed:  

Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
-General
-Trait: Ravager
-Artefact: Gryph-Feather Charm 
-Moon-Cutta

Battlelines
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
10 x Orruks (80)
10 x Orruks (80)

Units:
15 x Boingrot Bounderz
 (300)

Battalions

Total: 1990/ 2000
Wounds: 151

Explanation: 
Explosive Alpha strike. The Loonboss adds 3" to movement, can be stacked, but you want to Waagh with gordrakk and CA with the loonboss, on top of their re-rollable movements and 3d6 charge. Ravager for even more likelyness of the bonus movement. Gryph-Feather Charm for the Loonboss for some survivability and a little extra boost for movement, to keep up a little. 

Edited by That Guy

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

So I just started thinking about using Gordrakk with a massive Troggherd battalion.  That seems like it might be hilariously fun.

Hmmmmmm in that case Rockguts might actually be a very solid pick with their heavy hitting high rend attacks. And ofc dankholds. The normally better fellwater troggoths might actually be more of a misser here. Still effective, just.. less? And ofc their Dankhold cousins would do amazing here.

Perhaps: 

Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Dankhold Troggboss (300)
-General
-Trait: Wild Fury
-Artefact: Gryph-Feather Charm 

Battlelines
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)
20 x Gitmob Grots (100)

Units:
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (160)

Battalions
Troggherd (180)

Wounds: 135

Explanation:
Troggherd will allow the entire list of troggoths to get the 3D6" Charge +2 attacks. Rockgut Troggoths make the best out of the +2 attacks with their high damage, high rend attacks. 1 unit will go to 12 attacks of 3+ 3+ -2 3 damage! That's a possible 36 Wounds out of 1 unit of 3, with a very solid statline. 2 of which on average will add an extra damage. In the god mode you roll 12 x 6 meaning the maximum damage potential here could be 48 wounds. Of course this is very unlikely. With 4 seperate units you have a chance to have 4 x a 50% chance to hit with your boulder attacks.  Alternatively maybe run 2 x 6 for the higher chance of actually hitting boulders and generic CA abilities affecting a bigger unit. Wild Fury makes the Troggboss an absolute troggboss with the +2 attacks and wild fury, he can be rather.... explosive. 

Edited by That Guy

I admit with a Troggherd it might be really funny ! The main issue with the Troggoths is their mouvement and no fly :(

But maybe

LEADERS

Gordrakk the Fist of Gork (580)

Dankhold Troggboss (300)

- General

- Command Trait : Wild Fury

- Artefact : Gryph-Feather Charm 

Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)

- Artefact : Battered Talisman

UNITS

BATTLELINES

10 x Orruks (80) - Choppas & Shields

BATTALIONS

Troggherd (180)

ENDLESS SPELLS

Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (50)

Mork's Mighty Mushroom (80)

TOTAL: 2000/2000

EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1

WOUNDS: 97

In my opinion we need a wizard in every army and the Fungoid give us some extra CPs and our Endless Spells are quite good.

Check the next page for the Squig list ;)

My list with the squigs

LEADERS

Gordrakk the Fist of Gork (580)

Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)

- Artefact : Battered Talisman

UNITS

10 x Boingrot Bounderz (200)

BATTLELINES

BEHEMOTS

Mangler Squigs

BATTALIONS

Squig Rider Stampede (140)

ENDLESS SPELLS

Scrapskuttle's Arachnacauldron (50)

Malevolent Moon (50)

TOTAL: 1990/2000

EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1

WOUNDS: 121

The idea is to summon the cauldron to be able to cast Squig Lure on D3 Squigs + Voice of Gork. I really want to add a Loonboss on Mangler Squigs but the regualr one with Voice of Gork seems strong !

Edited by Arkahn

38 minutes ago, Arkahn said:

In my opinion we need a wizard in every army and the Fungoid give us some extra CPs and our Endless Spells are quite good.

You can definetely have that opinion and I agree a wizard does have some merit, but with just a 1 spell wizard I don't think adding 2 endless spells will be that effective. I think your inclusion of the Mighty Mushroom is a rather interesting one since you can force your opponent to come out of their deployment zone, while your troggherd await them eagerly. I think by getting rid of the Malevolent Moon, you can at least upgrade 2 orruk groups into Gitmob Grots, or keep 50p left over and start off with 2 extra CP, which you can than combo in with the Troggboss CA + Gordrakk CA. Or the Gordrakk CA + Re-roll charge on top of fishing for the Triumph. The army isn't fast and hasn't fly, but 3 man troggoth units, can definetely get somewhere with their 6" move and a possible extra 6" from the destruction move. I don't think your aiming for a turn 1 charge here. I think you are aiming to carefully bring your troggoths forward and than do the Strike. 

Edited by That Guy

23 hours ago, That Guy said:

You can definetely have that opinion and I agree a wizard does have some merit, but with just a 1 spell wizard I don't think adding 2 endless spells will be that effective. I think your inclusion of the Mighty Mushroom is a rather interesting one since you can force your opponent to come out of their deployment zone, while your troggherd await them eagerly.

The main idea about having a Gloomspite wizard w/ the cauldron is to try to hand of gork the troggoths (you can charge from 9" with 3 dices) or Squig Lure D3 Squigs (2D6 rerollable + 1D6 run + 3D6 charge + fly). Maybe 2 endless spells is a bit too much, but even just to try to dispel and/or unbind is important in my opinion.

23 hours ago, That Guy said:

I don't think your aiming for a turn 1 charge here. I think you are aiming to carefully bring your troggoths forward and than do the Strike. 

I totaly agree with that, it remind me the Braggoth battalion from BCR and even Idoneth trait.

8 hours ago, That Guy said:

You didn’t include the cauldron though. Now i’m curious to why not?

Oh right ! I include it only in my Squig list ! I include the Malevolent Moon instead,it was a misstake. 

Fixed

Edited by Arkahn
  • Like 1