AoS 2 - Mixed Destruction Discussion

broche

2 minutes ago, blueshirtman said:

How do people make their opponents agree to using FW models in their games, I went through the 2.0 rule book like 3 times and can't find a place where they say that using FW rules is legal for matched played?

Specifically fw models all have pitched battle profiles and warscrolls produced by GW which makes them matched play legal.

There are some tournaments that will say "no forgeworld" etc. or at a more casual level some people might object.

Ultimately you can't force people to play against them but if it's a tournament they are essentially forfeiting.

3 hours ago, blueshirtman said:

How do people make their opponents agree to using FW models in their games, I went through the 2.0 rule book like 3 times and can't find a place where they say that using FW rules is legal for matched played?

Who would ever say no?  They are part of the game.

Events that say "no Forgeworld", much like events that say "no compendium" (whatever that means) or "no named characters", come the closest to making me angry that anything in the hobby does (ie. not actually angry, just disappointed in humankind).

5 hours ago, blueshirtman said:

Core Rules page 1:

cit.png.a94c4582f6710533e3c399085a47b35c.png

Forgeworld makes Citadel Miniatures (via copyrights on their site plus descriptions in product page).

Next up, monstrous arcanum has a pitched profile section in the back that dates it as updated July 2018 and those warscrolls are current.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, amysrevenge said:

Who would ever say no?  They are part of the game.

Events that say "no Forgeworld", much like events that say "no compendium" (whatever that means) or "no named characters", come the closest to making me angry that anything in the hobby does (ie. not actually angry, just disappointed in humankind).

Well I don't really care much about tournaments, I won't win games at them anyway, so it is waste of entry fee money. I asked about the FW stuff, because here no one uses the rules and the dragons seem to be better versions of huskards with their range attacks not degrading with wounds. But FW use fixed itself for me, asked at the store and all people said that the rules are illegal for the games we play.  Maybe it is a local thing, but it is not like I can play with a different set of rules.

25 minutes ago, blueshirtman said:

Maybe it is a local thing, but it is not like I can play with a different set of rules.

That is too bad. It really irks me when local rules arbitrarily modify the game. Sure it will be more fun for some, but it will be less fun for others and who has the right to decide (only GW imo)? For a warscroll to be matched play legal it needs 2 things.

1) have a pitched battle profile.

2) be the most current warscroll.

This is a great article to read and I feel like all small events should post the picture at the end let players know which rules they are using from the subset GW provides (and not their own home brewed ones) https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/08/01/1st-aug-pitched-battles-in-the-mortal-realmsgw-homepage-post-2/

• Like 1

Don’t know much about Destruction but is there much potential in this list chaps? Would like to have the boars with some Squigs if possible. 

Cheers!!

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
Savage Big Boss (120)
- Granite Choppas
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)
Grot Warboss On Great Cave Squig (100)
- Moon Cutta & Git Shield

Battleline
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
10 x Savage Orruks (120)
10 x Savage Orruks (120)

Units
15 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks(420)
15 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks(420)
20 x Grot Squig Hoppers (320)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 212

• Like 1

I would drop one of your units of savage orruks to either regular orruks or gitmob grits with bows. That would gain you an extra cp! Also you could  see if you can fit a snagga rukk in! 

Hell man up and go for broke. Here's a bonesplitterz version of that list.

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Savage Big Boss (120)
- Granite Choppas
Grot Warboss On Great Cave Squig(100)
- Allies

Battleline
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (280)

Units
- Allies

Battalions
Snaga Rukk (170)

Endless Spells
Quicksilver Swords (20)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 420 / 400
Wounds: 160

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Malakree said:

I would drop one of your units of savage orruks to either regular orruks or gitmob grits with bows. That would gain you an extra cp! Also you could  see if you can fit a snagga rukk in! 

Hell man up and go for broke. Here's a bonesplitterz version of that list.

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Savage Big Boss (120)
- Granite Choppas
Grot Warboss On Great Cave Squig(100)
- Allies

Battleline

Units
- Allies

Battalions
Snaga Rukk (170)

Endless Spells
Quicksilver Swords (20)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 420 / 400
Wounds: 160

Legend. 20 points over in allies though unfortunately, could swap the Warboss for a Fungoid Shaman?

13 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Legend. 20 points over in allies though unfortunately, could swap the Warboss for a Fungoid Shaman?

****** i missed that, I assumed you wanted the warboss for the bouncy with the Squig Hoppers :D but yeah the fungoid was actually my first choice ;) 

Gives you access to the bonesplitterz spells as well which are also really solid.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Malakree said:

****** i missed that, I assumed you wanted the warboss for the bouncy with the Squig Hoppers :D but yeah the fungoid was actually my first choice ;) 

Gives you access to the bonesplitterz spells as well which are also really solid.

Top gent, cheers for the help with that. Pigs and Squigs all the way. 

27 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Top gent, cheers for the help with that. Pigs and Squigs all the way. 

I'd recommend asking in the Bonesplitterz thread, they can give you much better advice in terms of specifics of bonesplitterz. Definitely seems like that's the way you want to go though!

Hi all.

I'd like to make a reasonably useful magic -based orruk and grot list and came up with this:

Fungoid Cave-Shaman

Orruk Weirdnob Shaman

Fungoid Cave-Shaman

Arachnarok Spider With Grot Shaman - General - Command Trait : Might is Right

20 x Orruks

10 x Orruks

10 x Orruks (

Magma Dragon

Rogue Idol 

Emerald Lifeswarm

Balewind Vortex

Soulsnare Shackles

Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Played very few games so far and none with destruction, so perhaps its not great. Thoughts?

Here is my mixed destruction list based on area control and debuffs.  I have wanted troll hag since I found out about fw.  Ol naked granny bringing the pain.

Group 1

Troggoth hag

Gitmob shaman

60 gitmob grots (with possible two rend)

Group 2

20 m.c. grots

M.c. shaman

Huskard on thunder

Group 3

20m.c. grots

M.c. shaman

Bonegrinder gargant

Endless spells

Palisade

Geminids

Shackles

Plan:

Spam -to hits at the choke points you make with endless spells. Hag and husk healing back up while you drop units with gitmob grots and spells from afar.  

5 hours ago, DesB said:

Hi all.

I'd like to make a reasonably useful magic -based orruk and grot list and came up with this:

Fungoid Cave-Shaman

Orruk Weirdnob Shaman

Fungoid Cave-Shaman

Arachnarok Spider With Grot Shaman - General - Command Trait : Might is Right

20 x Orruks

10 x Orruks

10 x Orruks (

Magma Dragon

Rogue Idol 

Emerald Lifeswarm

Balewind Vortex

Soulsnare Shackles

Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Played very few games so far and none with destruction, so perhaps its not great. Thoughts?

If you are to use Fungoid, make him your general so he can use his command. Specially with a big hitter like magma dragon. Retreat and charge is arguably one of the best power in the game right now. 

I think you have too much endless spell. I don't think vortex is that usefull in your list. Not sure about Cogs eiher. You could stick to Lifeswarm and Shackle maybe, and play more body (like a bloob of 40 orruk maybe). And if you play Orruk, you might as well be playing a Warboss for extra attack buff.

good luck!

On 8/22/2018 at 4:26 PM, broche said:

Specially with a big hitter like magma dragon

Not a Grot or Orruk can't use Fugoid on it :( 

23 hours ago, DesB said:

Yes you are probably right. I wanted to Foot of Gork from a safer distance with the vortex but the cogs were just an icing on the cake thing.

Should I invest in more orruks or perhaps spider riders?

I don't know if you have this many black orcs but it could be a trollish start to a wizard list!

Spoiler

Leaders
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)

Battleline

Units
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)

Battalions
Weirdfist (180)

Endless Spells
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1140 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 18
Wounds: 106

Only issue is there's no way to fit all your monsters and some battleline in with it. I guess this would probably end up as an Ironjawz list not a GA:Dest

Allegiance: Ironjawz

Leaders

Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)

Behemoths
Rogue Idol (400)

Battalions
Weirdfist (180)

Endless Spells
Balewind Vortex (40)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 140

39 minutes ago, Wired4War said:

Anyone gotten use out of Orruks with bows? I know Savage Arrowboyz are all around better, but not battleline in a mixed list.

no,  but on paper they are fine. Arrowboys are 15 damages average, 60 life at 6+ for for 420 pts. However the do get rend 1 agains monster (huge buff). The do however have lots of buff available cause they have a book, make them much better in non-mixed army.

40 orruk is 280 pts, will do 10 shooting damage if they don't move. 40 life at 5+.  The do however double their melee output if they are 20+.

Best choice IMO for generic battle line is gitmob grot with bow. You loose 2 inch range, but they  can move withouth penalty, and for 80 pts you can add the shaman his spell does +1 to wound and add rend 13. 33 damage average while more than 30, but 20 with the spell (work on their melee weapon too). 270 pts only for the 60 goblin. 

Problem is, painting 3 x 60 of those guy would be painful!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, broche said:

no,  but on paper they are fine. Arrowboys are 15 damages average, 60 life at 6+ for for 420 pts. However the do get rend 1 agains monster (huge buff). The do however have lots of buff available cause they have a book, make them much better in non-mixed army.

40 orruk is 280 pts, will do 10 shooting damage if they don't move. 40 life at 5+.  The do however double their melee output if they are 20+.

Best choice IMO for generic battle line is gitmob grot with bow. You loose 2 inch range, but they  can move withouth penalty, and for 80 pts you can add the shaman his spell does +1 to wound and add rend 13. 33 damage average while more than 30, but 20 with the spell (work on their melee weapon too). 270 pts only for the 60 goblin. 

Problem is, painting 3 x 60 of those guy would be painful!

Thank you! That's really helpful maths.

Hi all. So I made a list, let me know ur thoughts. It's a list for a friend to let he use everything he has collected as he has not focused on one army. Tomorrow I will try to teach how to go with the list because he always says destruction is outdated...

Leaders
Orruk Warboss On Wyvern (240)
- General
- Trait: Ravager
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch 
Moonclan Grot Shaman (80)
Orruk Megaboss (140)

Battleline
10 x Orruks (80)
- Bows & Cuttas
10 x Orruks (80)
- Bows & Cuttas
10 x Orruks (80)
- Bows & Cuttas

Units
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
- 10x Big Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
- Gargant Hackers
3 x Fellwater Troggoths (160)

Behemoths
Thundertusk Beastriders (340)

Endless Spells
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 140

The thing is wyvern, gruntas, mournfang and thundertusk go runing to put before objectives. With the destruction ability of each hero with 4+ giving a unit 6" on hero phase + runing on movement + cogs we have a maximum of 23" if we run on 6s. If we got second on first turn we can try a charge with them.

Behind we have megaboss, wizards, trogloths and ardboys that can go to one or two objectives. I would try one and the cavalry to block other.

2nd turn we charge if we didn't and wyvern gives his buff because all will go crazy trying to kill the thundertusk because is huge and makes mortal woulds and has distance weapons but has mystic shield so is a nice tank. Wyvern goes with shield so reroll all saves. Trogloths help with his vomit and next to megaboss to hit hard if something passes our line of cavalry.

Meanwhile our 30 orcs throwing 33 arrows on 4s will make something too.

As we are on position our shaman uses cogs to make 2 magics and boom, foot of grok, flames and the curse of da bad moon killing everything.

So turn 3 we will lose thundertusk but the 2 mournfang can alternate to charge-retreat for the mortal wounds and I hope wyvern continues making our enemies lose his time. Gruntas will be eating the dead body's.

So what do u think? In the paper I feel a nice army. We can change trogloths to 10 more ardboys to get the bonus of the buff of the waaagh! And make 10 with greatweapons for the rend -1. Plus with the hysh artefact of not losing CP with 5+ we can make damage...

Edit. Ok, I saw the 4+ to +6" on hero phase is just for the general. Well, we still have cogs so we will not charge on first turn but will go almost to objective. The bad thing is if we go second on second turn we could lose the objective and block the pass of our ardboys... hmmmm we will see tomorrow

Edited by Hoseman

• 2 weeks later...

As a slight aside, I just realised that this is now a legal list for anyone who wants a laugh.

Mortal Realm: Chamon

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (440)
- General
- Trait: Ravager
- Artefact: Gildenbane 

Battleline
10 x Orruks (80)