Tamurkhan army

The Angry Hobbit

Hey guys here’s a list I’ve come up with for a competition in November just after some advice/pointers really here’s the list ?

Points = 2250

Leaders:

Tamurkhan (general)

Kazyk 

Festus (don’t know what lores to take)

Battleline:

Plague toads x6

Plague toads x6

Plague Ogres x6

Plague Ogres x6

Other:

Bile Troggoths x6

Total pts 2200

Just now, fjaoief said:

As I remember, you can't take nurgle named characters for Tamurkhan. Festus the Leechlord is illegal.

Well actually I think hes fine. There are no restrictions on who can be in a Tamurkhan's Horde from the pdf compendium.

What I don't understand is running a pure Tamurkhan model list when you could take more nurgle units like blightkings or something.

48 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

Well actually I think hes fine. There are no restrictions on who can be in a Tamurkhan's Horde from the pdf compendium.

What I don't understand is running a pure Tamurkhan model list when you could take more nurgle units like blightkings or something.

compendium says:

"After you have chosen the Maggotkin of Nurgle allegiance for your army, you can give it the Tamurkhan’s Horde keyword. All Maggotkin of Nurgle units in your army gain that keyword (with the exception of named characters that do not already have the Tamurkhan’s Horde keyword on their warscroll). All units with that keyword benefit from the allegiance abilities listed below, in addition to the allegiance abilities in Battletome: Maggotkin of Nurgle."

note that "with the exception of named characters that do not already have the Tamurkhan’s Horde keyword on their warscroll".  It means that a named character cannot take a keyword of "Tamurkhan's Horde" if the warscroll did not already have "Tamurkhan's Horde", thus cannot be included in a tamurkhan army, you can only do it in a nurgle army.

Festus is listed in the named character in maggotkin battletome, so the list is illegal.

I think it's reasonable, since tamurkhan's horde allegiance ability is "addition to" the maggokin allegiance ability, with a handicap which restricts named characters, command trait and first artefact of power.

42 minutes ago, fjaoief said:

compendium says:

"After you have chosen the Maggotkin of Nurgle allegiance for your army, you can give it the Tamurkhan’s Horde keyword. All Maggotkin of Nurgle units in your army gain that keyword (with the exception of named characters that do not already have the Tamurkhan’s Horde keyword on their warscroll). All units with that keyword benefit from the allegiance abilities listed below, in addition to the allegiance abilities in Battletome: Maggotkin of Nurgle."

note that "with the exception of named characters that do not already have the Tamurkhan’s Horde keyword on their warscroll".  It means that a named character cannot take a keyword of "Tamurkhan's Horde" if the warscroll did not already have "Tamurkhan's Horde", thus cannot be included in a tamurkhan army, you can only do it in a nurgle army.

Festus is listed in the named character in maggotkin battletome, so the list is illegal.

I think it's reasonable, since tamurkhan's horde allegiance ability is "addition to" the maggokin allegiance ability, with a handicap which restricts named characters, command trait and first artefact of power.

Festus just doesn't receive the keyword and cant benefit from allegiance abilities which doesn't really matter much because he cant take artifact and command trait anyway so its just the CA he cant use. Besides that, I don't see anything in the rules prohibiting him from being included.

Archived