Bonesplittaz List

teddet

Any thoughts on this list?  1960 points.  All the mounted units go 11", and the foot units come back on a 6.  Also, i could switch teef rukk plus wargog out for a brutal ruk with 2 boar boyz units that go 11". 

Icebone Warclan
Snaga Rukk
(maniak weirdnob)
(maniak weirdnob)
(savage boarboy maniaks)
(savage boarboy maniaks)
(savage boarboy maniaks)
(savage boarboy maniaks)
wargog
Bonegrinz Warclan
teef rukk
(savage big stabbas)
(savage big stabbas)
Kunnin Ruk
(savage big boss)
(savage arrowboys)
(savage arrowboys)
(savage arrowboys)
(savage arrowboys)

I would love some better formatting making your list easier to read, just spacing your two formations apart would be awesome. I don't understand the parenthesising.

Secondly it might be common knowledge to anyone but me, but if you could put in the number of models in your units that would help me tremendously. Right now I dont know if they are base strength or full, and I also have to go look those numbers up.

You've definitively got speed and MSU but I wonder if you have staying power? Savage orks literally armoured with paint, so chucking on a mystic shield improves their durability by a country mile. The issue is that you only get one of those shields a turn, and with MSU you get less 'value' compared to throwing it on a big and juicy unit. Ditto for command abilities such as Auto-pass bravery.

i don't seem to be able to edit it, but yeah - everything is min value.  Otherwise it gets really tough to fit everything in.  

That's a good point on staying power.  i don't have a full answer to that yet.  I'm hoping that the sheer number of wounds helps.  I have 156 wounds ignoring characters.  I was hoping that (plus the MSU problems of hitting them all) would help?

For inspiration I'll pitch the list that i'm considering:

2000 pts

Wurrgog Prophet

Kunnin' Rukk

Savage Warboss

40 Arrowboys

40 Savage Orruks /w stikkas

Teef Rukk

2 Big Stabbas

2 Big Stabbas

2 Big Stabbas

Snagga Rukk

Maniak Weirdboy

Maniak Weirdboy

5 Boarboy Maniaks

5 Boarboy Maniaks

2000 points straight up, served with a side of 120 arrows per volley and plenty options of combos :) 

MSU for 'you can't hit me' doesn't work the same way in AoS as it does in 40K - because you are able to freely split your attacks as you see fit.

If you are in melee, you'll be in range for retaliation whether you have 1 unit or 50. Indeed, with Battleshock tests having one fat unit that is immune is vastly superior to taking 5 minimum that will crumble hard.

If you arent aware, you take battleshock on all units in a combat, tallying the total for each side. That can get painful fast.

The flipside is that you will be able to spread out more and take table quarters for example, or create 'speedbumps' (staggered lines). Pros and cons...

Oh, and I didn't see your postcount! I do believe you need 5 posts to be allowed editing rights, so you are almost there!

Welcome to Destruction my friend, let Gorkamorka fill your heart with war and your arms with unrelenting violence.

16 minutes ago, SpleenThief said:

I have a feeling arrow boyz are gonna get lots of hate especially in a kunnin ruk, 240+ shots a turn rerolling 1s or or better with 6s added more shots 5s if you get the +1 to hit spell off on them.

Just by buffing them with reroll 1's, +1 to hit and the Snagga Rukk ability:

240 shots...

120 hits...

60 wounds before saves...

To quote the Facehammer podcast: The green gunline is back :o

31 minutes ago, DangerClose said:

Just by buffing them with reroll 1's, +1 to hit and the Snagga Rukk ability:

240 shots...

120 hits...

60 wounds before saves...

To quote the Facehammer podcast: The green gunline is back :o

Actually 140 hits and 70 wounds. Forgot the rerolls :P 

8 hours ago, DangerClose said:

For inspiration I'll pitch the list that i'm considering:

2000 pts

Wurrgog Prophet

Kunnin' Rukk

Savage Warboss

40 Arrowboys

40 Savage Orruks /w stikkas

Teef Rukk

2 Big Stabbas

2 Big Stabbas

2 Big Stabbas

Snagga Rukk

Maniak Weirdboy

Maniak Weirdboy

5 Boarboy Maniaks

5 Boarboy Maniaks

2000 points straight up, served with a side of 120 arrows per volley and plenty options of combos :) 

That's almost identical to the list I made last night, except I went for 30 Arrowboys and 2 x 4 Big Stabbas.

I also split my Stikkas into two mobs of 20, but you may have a point with a big mob of 40.

Ah - just to clarify, you can split shooting attacks too?  Don't think i'd grasped that nuance of the rule (too much fantasy/40k).

And if I build my list, I'll have the 30 arrow boyz anyways, so I can try the big horde

23 hours ago, DangerClose said:

Actually 140 hits and 70 wounds. Forgot the rerolls :P 

dont for get boss in squad who has +1 to his hit rolls and then the savage big boss command ability where a Bonesplitterz unit in 10" may max an additional attack with the same weapon if they roll a 6 or higher to hit.  that would be 4+ on boss in squad and 5+ for rest of unit.

Okay - here's a try at a better list:

Snagga Rukk (40 points)

2x10 savage boarboy maniaks (these guys run out to grab objectives - they can also take buffs and beat down small units with their double attacks) 
(720 points)
Maniak Weirdnob: Juju wotznotz, Brutal beast spirits (100 points)
Maniak Weirdnob: Big Wurgog Mask, Hand of Gork (100 points)

BoneGrinz (40 points)

Teef Rukk (40 points)
2x2 Big Stabbas (200 points)

Kunning Rukk (60 points)
Savage Big Boss (100 points): General, Squirmy Warpaint, Dokk Juice
Arrer Boyz x30 (300 points)
3x10 savage orruks with chompas (300 points)

Total of 1920 points if my math is right, so I'll add a wardokk to get to 2000. boarboyz don't go 11", but they can still go 9" and have more staying power 

1 hour ago, SpleenThief said:

dont for get boss in squad who has +1 to his hit rolls and then the savage big boss command ability where a Bonesplitterz unit in 10" may max an additional attack with the same weapon if they roll a 6 or higher to hit.  that would be 4+ on boss in squad and 5+ for rest of unit.

The Warboss Command ability can only be used in the combat phase, sadly enough ;)

Edit: Oh wait... There's both a Big Boss and a Warboss?

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-savage-orruk-warboss-en.pdf

Teddet:

I guess you could also pile the Savage Orruks into a 30 man unit since you would still have 3 battleline units. Might boost the staying power even more.

Fooled around with listbuilding: If one were to go prober themed Icebone:

Icebone warclan

Snagga Rukk

Weirdnob Maniak

Weirdnob Maniak

10 Boarboys Maniaks

10 Boarboys Maniaks

10 Boarboys Maniaks

5 Boarboys Maniaks

Brutal Rukk

Warboss (on boar of course)

10 Boarboys

10 Boarboys

1980 pts of piggies! :D 

@dangerclose - if I keep them as 'bonegrinz' I can't merge the boyz as i need 4 units in the kunnin rukk.  Mainly, it gives me the chance that they come back on a 6 when destroyed.  

I could drop it, in which case i might merge them, although that would give me only 4 real units running around.  That feels small?

Also - the warboss in the book is not the scroll you linked to.  Now he ONLY comes on foot with the giant axe and does 5 attacks with the axe.

@teddet

Ahh, forgot about the requirement of 4 units in the Bonegrinz.

Does the Loadsa Boys ability of the Bonegrinz work with General Handbook? Doesn't it count as summoning?

Looking forward to see the Big Boss profile. Not getting ny hands on the book until next week :( 

16 hours ago, teddet said:

No - i don't believe it counts as summoning as you are essentially 'healing' a unit back up to its original size.  

Check the wording again, I believe the GHB mentions something like "abilities that allow you to bring units back on" or something. Without the book in front of me I can't give a definitive answer though, but I think Bonegrinz doesn't work unless you want to leave points unused for a "reinforcement pool" or whatever it's called.

On 26/07/2016 at 7:42 AM, DangerClose said:

Teddet:

I guess you could also pile the Savage Orruks into a 30 man unit since you would still have 3 battleline units. Might boost the staying power even more.

Fooled around with listbuilding: If one were to go prober themed Icebone:

Icebone warclan

Snagga Rukk

Weirdnob Maniak

Weirdnob Maniak

10 Boarboys Maniaks

10 Boarboys Maniaks

10 Boarboys Maniaks

5 Boarboys Maniaks

Brutal Rukk

Warboss (on boar of course)

10 Boarboys

10 Boarboys

1980 pts of piggies! :D 

This army is glorious. Please build it.

On ‎25‎.‎07‎.‎2016 at 5:38 AM, Emicus said:

If you arent aware, you take battleshock on all units in a combat, tallying the total for each side. That can get painful fast.

Maybe I misunderstood you but for a battleshock you count only the modells the unit that makes the test lost this round.

Archived