Conversion Project - Free City

Nevar

Hey all you Order folks, forgive me my treachery but since I switched to Nagash about a year ago and only played High Elves/Pheonix Temple before that I am not completely sure what I am doing when building a Free City.

I am planning on making a 2000 point Free City force (Mixed Order) to represent the forces of the Free City that generally opposed my death army.  The idea is to make a Lord of the Rings style alliance of Men, Aelves, and Dwarves, so Dispossessed, Free People, Aelves.  All that said I did play Empire in 7th and 8th WFB, so throwing in a Steam Tank and other Ironweld bits would be awesome.  I am looking to make the opposite of my Death army and do a shooting phase focused army.

So far I figure a 30 man block of Freeguild Handgunners would make a pretty good center core, plus two small units of Freeguild Militia as chaff.  Swords or Halberds seem better, but Militia have guns while also being chaff.  After that Dispossessed Irondrakes seem like cool models and potentially good once things get close up.  A unit or two of those could fulfill my dwarf requirement though a skyship would be fun perhaps also.  When it comes to artillery, I am not sure which is best, but either way it seems like I will need an Engineer.  I figured I could put in the Lord-Ordinator as my representative of the Stormcasts since I don't really want units of them in the force but an advisor/engineer would work.  However rumor has it he was nerfed and is not good anymore, thoughts on him?

When it comes to Aelven Archers, it seems to me the Sisters of the Watch are the best on offer, but maybe I am wrong?  I really like Shadow Warriors but they seems extremely lack luster. 

Whatever points I have leftover will go to various tech gizmos like Steam Tanks and Sky Ships, plus heroes that potentially give buffs to shooting?

I seek wisdom of the Order forums, as while this is mainly a hobby project, it would be nice if it didn't completely suck on the table as well.

Archived