2 units of 30 or 3 units of 20 glade guard

Khadorlord

I recently switch from 2 units of 20 glade guard to 1 unit of 30 as the new allegiance ability means we can now only move 1 unit via the realm wander. The 30 unit puts out on average about 10.5 wounds per shooting phase. The 20 only 7 wounds. This is not counting saves. I personnally think it's better to go with the large 30 unit size.

However for 360 points I tend to preference having 1 unit of 30 glade guard (360) and 1 unit of 20 Sister of the Watch (360 points)

2 hours ago, GM_Monkey said:

I recently switch from 2 units of 20 glade guard to 1 unit of 30 as the new allegiance ability means we can now only move 1 unit via the realm wander. The 30 unit puts out on average about 10.5 wounds per shooting phase. The 20 only 7 wounds. This is not counting saves. I personnally think it's better to go with the large 30 unit size.

However for 360 points I tend to preference having 1 unit of 30 glade guard (360) and 1 unit of 20 Sister of the Watch (360 points)

#sisterlove!!!! ?

2 Units of 30!!

1) you get the mentioned boni from 20+ models and the enemy wont take the Bonus easily from you (just one wound needed when having 20)

2) buffs and sorcery on your unit have greater effect

3) you get +1 bravery for every 10.

the only reason you might want to have smaller Units is either mobility or battalion requierements.

In case you have the same question for non-Shooting Units: Always try to get the discount for maxed units. It can give you a great advantage.

1 hour ago, Kaleun said:

In case you have the same question for non-Shooting Units: Always try to get the discount for maxed units. It can give you a great advantage.

Wanderers don't get any max unit discounts. We use to on Wildwood rangers and Eternal Guard but that's been removed in the GHB 2018

Archived