OscarLars Painting Stuff - Ossiarch Bonereaper Update!

1 hour ago, Circus of Paint said:

I like how you took the Megaboss' very openly aggressive pose and closed it a lot whilst maintaining that threatening presence - usually pose conversions involve the opposite! (going from closed to open physical expression).

Only teeny suggestion I have is the angle of the axe hand - it might work better turned so the axe handle is pointing further up than sideways? 

Thanks man! I am pretty satisfied too, needs more work but it's getting there for sure.

I'm not sure about having the axe pointing further up. The pose suggests that with his left hand will grab the bottom of the axe stem to swing it with both hands. I know it may be hard to see from the photos, but when I look at the model, the handle is now somewhat in the movement line of where it was toward holding it in two hands. Pointing it further up, which would be out, means neither of the arms would be where they are.

1 minute ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Thanks man! I am pretty satisfied too, needs more work but it's getting there for sure.

I'm not sure about having the axe pointing further up. The pose suggests that with his left hand will grab the bottom of the axe stem to swing it with both hands. I know it may be hard to see from the photos, but when I look at the model, the handle is now somewhat in the movement line of where it was toward holding it in two hands. Pointing it further up, which would be out, means neither of the arms would be where they are.

Ah right, gotcha now!

Is the face leaning more leftwards? (even just a tiny bit!) That would fit the motion you've just described quite well.

3 minutes ago, Circus of Paint said:

Ah right, gotcha now!

Is the face leaning more leftwards? (even just a tiny bit!) That would fit the motion you've just described quite well.

IMG_7268.JPG.c9eb3921a559ff10e9bc3b83763fcdf2.JPG

Here you can see the direction of the axe handle in relationship to the left hand.

IMG_7267.JPG.065b62534eeccee085f9e3050f422811.JPG

Here is the direction of the head.

Thanks for your comments dude. Really appreciate your interest.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Officially graduated with a rope to hang myself with (BFA) I now have more time to both do work on my minis and post here.

First out is a WIP picture of my two Gargant Brothers, GURK and MURK. With a slight Dyslexia, they pay tribute to their Gods by assuming the Goddly names in honor of never ending destruction. They are relentless and feel no pain (with the exception of a stonehorn charge as they are too dumb to get out of the way).

I present to you GURK (WIP):

FullSizeRender_1.jpg.1a5b4bcae8d46179da66851c19eaa1a3.jpgFullSizeRender_2.jpg.5a611ada6821e77f4fe5e1a48df66f9c.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg.1e6954c004b3de9a917c31d30c994b82.jpg

and GURK with his brother MURK (and Jonas, the unfortunate grot...)

FullSizeRender_3.jpg.fbfd42edd4de29417298bc76d5c22ee6.jpg

Thanks for watching.

Edited by Lysandestolpe
  • Like 17

On 1-8-2016 at 3:09 PM, Lysandestolpe said:

Thanks guys, really appreciate the excitement.

I have to think a little bit about how and where I placed the colors. Off the top of my head I would say:

Fur:

Base: Rhinox Hide

Drybrush wash: Steel legion Drab, Agrax earthshade.

Moving up towards the top: layers of Doombull brown, Skrag brown, skragbrown/screaming skull, reikland flesh shade.

Moving down towards the bottom: Baneblade brown, Karak Stone, Palid Whych flesh, Administratum Grey.

Top furr: Black foundation, -eshin grey, dawnstone, administraum grey (all subtle drybrushes).

Face and skin marks: Skrag brown, and fleshtone mixes. dragging the brush inwards to make lines and create the illusion of texture around the mouth.

Tongue: Pink horror, Emperors childre, my own pink mixes with a expensive cadmium red mixed with titatium white to get a super poppy pink. white highlights.

I hope that helps. Basically its just really working in the colors and working with thin washes and glazes.

Hello Lysandestolpe,

I really love your Stonehorn the colours are perfect!

I would really like to use this for my own Stonehorn but I am fairly new with painting so I have some questions.

-Whats a drybrush wash? Do I need to waterdown the drybrush paint?

- you have a lot of layers at you second and third step are these all drybrushes? 

On 5/18/2017 at 8:52 AM, Ademo said:

Anazing! So much character in these 2! Great job emoji16.png

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks man! Really appreciate it! ^^ Been a long time due for them to get "complete" but they got here.

5 hours ago, Dongilles said:

Hello Lysandestolpe,

I really love your Stonehorn the colours are perfect!

I would really like to use this for my own Stonehorn but I am fairly new with painting so I have some questions.

-Whats a drybrush wash? Do I need to waterdown the drybrush paint?

- you have a lot of layers at you second and third step are these all drybrushes? 

Thank you! I'm glad you like it and find interest in using the scheme!

1)

So, to paint this model, there are a lot of steps. Just by looking at him it was hard to fgure out just where to begin with the furr. The way I personally attack my models as a army commission painter is simply: I lay down a base of a color, then I drybrush with a semi bright color, to then tone it down with a wash. It helps to get instant results but also not to go too crazy on him.. the "Drybrush Wash" is just two steps. First a Drybrush of Steel legion Drab on the all fur, then a wash with agrax earthshade over it.

2)

That's up to you. I highlighter each individual piece for fur "locks" or whatever you would call them. It's a tedious process but worth it in the end. This model is a display model as well as one I play with every now and then. Therefore I put some extra love on him. But if you are new to the hobby of painting wargaming figures, I recommend you drybrush and wash as much as you can in the beginning to really get good at it! Its wonderful how fast you can paint the newer models by using those two approaches.

Good luck and post some pictures of the result!

13 hours ago, Milkgunner said:

Awesome models! Any updates to your metalocalypse project or is that on hold for now?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Thanks man!

Not as of now, the project involves so much greenstuff work that I won't post anything until I have enough to show. But in due time, my friend, in due time. :)

Thanks for looking!

• Like 1

Gurk and Murk are simply fantastic, love them! So much character! Bonus points for Gurk since gurka is Swedish for cucumber and he is tall and green ;) Now I really want to see their two-headed big brother Gurkamurka :D

Edited by Solaris
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

Gurk and Murk are simply fantastic, love them! So much character! Bonus points for Gurk since gurka is Swedish for cucumber and he is tall and green ;) Now I really want to see their two-headed big brother Gurkamurka :D

Haha dig kan man inte lura! ;)

We have to see about that haha, each one of them is quite the project and even tho they are fun to play with, I've found it hard to have synergy with the two of them. The rules, and them being their own faction, makes it quite hard to include them in the lists I want to play. It is a shame they don't assume the Keyword for the faction in which they join: e.i getting Ironjawz keyword, or Beastclaw Raider keyword, Khorne keyword, etc. It would then allow for players to not lose their allegiance by taking them. Based on how many times my drunken brothers trip over themselves and fall, it would not be a broken thing to have.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Haha dig kan man inte lura! ;)

We have to see about that haha, each one of them is quite the project and even tho they are fun to play with, I've found it hard to have synergy with the two of them. The rules, and them being their own faction, makes it quite hard to include them in the lists I want to play. It is a shame they don't assume the Keyword for the faction in which they join: e.i getting Ironjawz keyword, or Beastclaw Raider keyword, Khorne keyword, etc. It would then allow for players to not lose their allegiance by taking them. Based on how many times my drunken brothers trip over themselves and fall, it would not be a broken thing to have.

Jag är listig för att vara orc!

I entirely agree though, hopefully Gargants and Troggoths are fixed in GH2. As they are, they are unfortunately quite useless.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I remember hearing about the Khorne sect who wear light coloured armor and paint it red during battle with the blood of their enemies (probably their own, their friends, and any other blood that happens to be lying about as well) and thought it sounded very cool. These certainly put me in mind of that idea and either way the white armor looks awesome. Great work!