OscarLars Painting Stuff - Ossiarch Bonereaper Update!

On 2/14/2018 at 12:16 AM, Lysandestolpe said:

Got some work done on this guy today. Not satisfied with the red reflection so I'll have to redo it. Not sure how yet so research is inevitable. This is pre-glazing and other final touches of course. So the NMM is still a little rough.
IMG_9420.jpg.13a57a894281c2542a8d21d86df00285.jpg

Thanks for looking!

effing amazing

• Like 1

Hey all,

It's been crazy over here so have had much less time to post. I am about 2 liberators out of the full 10 complete. So soon I will have those ready and desperately in need to paint another type of Stormcast.

I have been working a lot and I thought I'd share a Giant I did for an amazing client here on the forum!

IMG_9461.jpg.61dd85af0d1c21c77a4e682e4422dadb.jpgIMG_9462.jpg.151653ad721f1dad131bd9fafd10b305.jpgIMG_9463.jpg.f9bee86b45c12db5fd946446b7b97233.jpgIMG_9464.jpg.a189a6ae55c37389d745499fd3dcebd9.jpg

• Like 11

Hey guys! I just finished the first gravesite marker. They are simple with just skulls in the bottom, which allows kitbashing with dirt, gravestones or whatever vision one has to make their site a little more personal. Myself I’m gonna make simple skull graves like the Roman Catacombs. So on top of what I have now, I will pimp with some grass, leafwork and some final touches to bring it all together with my Death army.

anyways, enough rambling:

4AD132FB-A632-49FD-BB6D-4F8D3E9B866E.jpeg.ed696caa1e71192782dd034089db3086.jpegAD51E2BB-30C4-43A6-914D-8C5F8FEDC5FC.jpeg.3eb37a2801c20d84a853ae75799c4c43.jpeg

they are cast resin bases and I can make more for anybody who wants some. PM me for more details.

thanks for looking! 

• Like 2

On 2/28/2018 at 11:57 PM, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Wonderful conversion and paintjob l, though that mold line that runs across the face of the rock hammer... should be and easy fix

Yeah, sometimes mold lines escape my attention, so I make sure they are not running across any major features, such as faces, arms, legs, etc. The rockhammer is unfortunate but it's not the worst place at least.

Thanks for commenting! :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

I got a lot of questions on a bunch of social media platforms on how I do my Non Metallic Metal. So, I decided to make a video tutorial that I hope you all find useful. Please share it with your friends. If I get enough response I may decide to make a few more. I do them in my spare time and it eats away from my actual work on the Stormcast. So I can't do many of them but this is my start. Thank you for looking! :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

Excellent tutorial (and as a teacher who wrote his masterthesis on video tutorials I know my stuff?). Very clearly explaing your proces.  I like the inclusion of te view of your palette too. 

Edited by elfhead
Spelling

5 hours ago, elfhead said:

Excellent tutorial (and as a teacher who write his masterthesis in video tutorials I know my stuff?). Very clearly explain your process.  I like the inclusion of the view of your palette too. 

Wow! Thank you so much for saying that. Definitely makes me feel more eager to do another one, and keep the same format. ^^As for the palette, I do to. I just need to figure out how to get a clearer image of the colors. It's a little dark right now.

On 1/29/2018 at 6:03 PM, Lysandestolpe said:

Hi everyone!

Following is my new color scheme and standard for my 1000pts stormcast army. I hope you all like him as much as I do.

IMG_9298.jpg.fa31896e225b44204e7f9d76bf173ad1.jpgIMG_9299.jpg.afeb66e41a93fa6223ac69b1fba1899f.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Wonderful!, Can You please Give The recibe for The Dark areas of The Armour?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, peasant said:

Wonderful!, Can You please Give The recibe for The Dark areas of The Armour?

Thank you!

The blue/black armor you mean? Either way its the same palette: Ultramarine Blue, Black, Vallejo Air Armor Brown, and white. Since I mix those colors, if you're not familiar such approach, it seems as if my video tutorial on the gold is getting a lot of good feedback. It makes me lean towards making one for either the blue armor, the blades, or both.

1 hour ago, tolstedt said:

Your work shows the power of values.  Get the values right and the colors right, and you don't need hours of blending for a great effect.

Thank you so much man, I really appreciate you saying that. :x

• Thanks 1