OscarLars Painting Stuff - Ossiarch Bonereaper Update!

Got some work done on a Khorgoraths while I got a huge commission rolling. Nagash has got some work, but nothing major yet.

I stole the "base" from @BasetheRuin, no pun intended, as his Khorgorath looked so dope.
This guy still has some work to be done. Gonna try to get some slime done in between the tentacles. But we'll see how that's gonna go...

IMG_8556.jpg.f0ed5696bb218a3dc6972a76d9a3fb23.jpg

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, Curry_Supreme said:

That korgorath looks awesome! What colours did you use for the skin?

Thanks dude!

Its Chaos Black airbrushed over the entire model,

Karak Stone airbrushed at the belly, chest, throat, groin areas giving it a smooth transition outwards. I highlighted the black with The Fang and Russ Grey. And used red glaze to get some fleshy tones around the joints of things. :)

18 hours ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Got some work done on a Khorgoraths while I got a huge commission rolling. Nagash has got some work, but nothing major yet.

I stole the "base" from @BasetheRuin, no pun intended, as his Khorgorath looked so dope.
This guy still has some work to be done. Gonna try to get some slime done in between the tentacles. But we'll see how that's gonna go...

IMG_8556.jpg.f0ed5696bb218a3dc6972a76d9a3fb23.jpg

Love that guy! Nice and dark. Keep up the good work brother.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Minor update on some work in progress. Been busy with work. But I am getting some stuff ready for Defcon Sweden and Heat 1 in January.

First off, I'm working on finishing these two Khorgoraths for Defcon:

IMG_8661.jpg.907025e71224d6373777e6cd552b9a85.jpg

Secondly, I also working on getting these 3 gruntas done for Heat 1:

IMG_8660.JPG.95fa464e51f1323cc00a517f5bdb17cc.JPG

Lastly... GURK GOT PROMOTED. What happened? Well, he stomped 18 Stormvermin to wet piles of death, and my Megaboss took a liking. So he's getting some upgrades. Right now he's in his... hrm... operation robe? I'll post pictures of him finished after Heat 1, so you'll see him done first if you are there! ;)

IMG_8662.jpg.59c9e5921eaa44a1fa204595b07d89cd.jpg

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Routasydän said:

Damn you painting machine :D ace work!

haha! :P

Well, I work 10 hours a day 7 days a week doing this so I guess machine is a good word. If I could post 40k updates I would run this thread dry, as it is my main source for work. lol

Thanks man! I'm almost done with the Khorne. I'm also waiting for a black backdrop so I can take the pics I want of them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

Oh stop it! Like anyone could look away :( Amazing job! I've never managed to paint a yellow that yellow! Well done!

Aw you! Well, I won't take peoples likes and comments for granted! So thank you!

Thank you, the tricky thing is not to get the yellow to get that yellow, its to not mess it up.

My two recipes:

No Airbursh:

1) Prime model white, then use Army Painters yellow spray to get an even thin coat on there.
2) Glaze the model several times with the yellow of your preference.

3) Paint the rest of the model

With Airbrush:

1) Prime model white
2) Airbrush whatever yellow you'd like to whatever pieces you'd like.

3) paint the rest of the model.

The airbrush version is far superior as it goes A LOT faster. But not everyone has a good airbrush at hand so the glazing works. That's how I painted my entire Ironjawz army. It just takes a little more dedication. I'd say 5-7 thin layers at least!

I hope that helps to get your yellow a little more yellow! :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lysandestolpe said:

1) Prime model white, then use Army Painters yellow spray to get an even thin coat on there.
2) Glaze the model several times with the yellow of your preference.

3) Paint the rest of the model

I might give this a go as soon as i'm ready for the Shadespire IronJaws!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kramer said:

I might give this a go as soon as i'm ready for the Shadespire IronJaws!

I use Ilyanden Yellow for base (glaze in your case) then focus wash, just in the cracks and around bolts, with either Cassandran Yellow or Sepia. After I highlight with Flash Gitz and 50/50 flashgitz and white.

Good Luck!

• Thanks 1

@Lysandestolpe - How on earth have I never looked at this topic?! Utterly criminal as there is some fantastic Orruky goodness to be had. I've just chucked a million Likes at you, all of them entirely deserved. Whilst I feel like I've seen the odd individual photo of some of this stuff, it really was something going through the full thread. Brilliant work mate.

The only downside is that I'm now waaaaay behind at work this afternoon! Haha :P 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

@Lysandestolpe - How on earth have I never looked at this topic?! Utterly criminal as there is some fantastic Orruky goodness to be had. I've just chucked a million Likes at you, all of them entirely deserved. Whilst I feel like I've seen the odd individual photo of some of this stuff, it really was something going through the full thread. Brilliant work mate.

The only downside is that I'm now waaaaay behind at work this afternoon! Haha :P 

haha wow! I get excited by 5 notifications, but 32... oh man. I thought TGA broke lol.

Thanks for the compliments buddy! and right back at you, your Ironjawz are great. I love the theme, background and painting. I also listen to your Podcast at work. :) My Ironjawz will attend Heat 1 in January, in case you'll be there.

• Thanks 1