OscarLars Painting Stuff - Ossiarch Bonereaper Update!

On 6/29/2017 at 3:54 PM, Ademo said:

Just saw your cool write up with mengal - great work man! Bloodbound are looking sweet too!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks man! I struggled trying to not me super formal and boring... haha ^^

On 6/29/2017 at 7:25 PM, Tzaangor Management said:

I remember hearing about the Khorne sect who wear light coloured armor and paint it red during battle with the blood of their enemies (probably their own, their friends, and any other blood that happens to be lying about as well) and thought it sounded very cool. These certainly put me in mind of that idea and either way the white armor looks awesome. Great work! 

Yeah man, I didn't even know about them until after I had already begun painting these. I guess I just wanted something different from the red, and also a lot of blood to for once just make a Table Top quality army. Didn't have a grand idea for them ad just wanted to crush some skulls. ^^ Thanks for commenting and sharing!

8 hours ago, J-P said:

That is the best colour choice for bloodletter skin I've ever seen, great job and thanks for sharing!

Thanks man! I got the idea from Japanese Fighting Fish: 1c501137ad941b80466b51904442aa29.jpg.5bd9f17f18fb7bde12d95c29e0184c2d.jpg

8 hours ago, Krzyek said:

The orks are great. Beautiful skintones, crisp and clean painting. How do you paint black armour?

Thanks man! I do Stegadon Scale Green with black wash, highlights with Russ grey and Fenrishian Grey.

5 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

Wonderful work buddy. Thinking of reposing my megaboss when I finally get around to one, did you find it required a decent amount of hacking?

Oh dude, it suuuuuuucked. There is so much that needs to go and get resculpted in green stuff. It's truly a pain in the a-hole. Thanks for looking as always! :D

5 hours ago, Korpur said:

Yep, those bloodletters looks really wicked with that skin color. Even though I like their horns I think black glossy ones would look amazing :) 

Gurk and Murk are total badasses too! 

Thanks! Yeah, that's a great idea. You guys truly get me back into excitement about the blood letters. After I have finished my Bad Moons Killa-Kan Army, I'll probably dig back into them. Although... GH2 can throw a curve-ball there...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing! Lets hope he doesn't feel the need to expel any wind or the whole place could go up in flames! Seriously though, really cool - all the greens stand apart, no easy thing to do [emoji106]

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Ademo said:

Amazing! Lets hope he doesn't feel the need to expel any wind or the whole place could go up in flames! Seriously though, really cool - all the greens stand apart, no easy thing to do emoji106.png

I am super glad that detail didn't escape your attention! There needs to always be some humor with orruks/orks/orcs, and the Ironjawz are way to serious. :P Thanks my man :)

• Haha 1

On 9/8/2016 at 1:12 AM, Lysandestolpe said:

OK, here are most of the pictures of the Stone Horn. I hope you guys like him and vote for him in the Mengel Miniature Season of War Painting competition on Twitter and Facebook.

Thanks for watching :)

FullSizeRender_5.jpgFullSizeRender_6.jpgFullSizeRender_7.jpgFullSizeRender_1.jpgFullSizeRender_2.jpgFullSizeRender_3.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

Magnificent work !

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

WIP Display base for NOVA Open. "The Gates of Gork... or Mork" from the Realm of Beast. It will host my ironjawz army during Age of Sigmar GT, and my Ironjawz with Beastclaw Raider during the Team Tournament. I hope if anyone of y'all are going, make sure to swing by and check it out and say hi! :)

FullSizeRender.jpg.60b32da1c3bba6270f8a47ae680de8f5.jpg

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Ademo said:

Looking sweet! Big fan of mushooms as you know emoji3.png one possible suggestion would be to cluster some of them i 2s or 3s. Currently they look quite evenly spread if that makes sense?

Heck yeah! Mushrooms rule. I got another sheet of them sculpted. I'm starting by spreading them thin to cluster up last where need be, especially the small ones. But I just sculpted some that are gonna grow in the cave. I'm also thinking about a new style of mushroom that may grow on the stone and perhaps be purple(?). They may be shaped like orange slices, as per the ones you can find crowing on tree.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had the amazing opportunity to play a game with and meet Ian @Ademo at warhammer world. He brought his amazing looking Grots of the Raggedy Moon army against Goldtoofs. Here are a few pics from the game:

Our amazing looking battlefield:

IMG_0246.JPG.7c1f73efeda1d88622bb6bb05288c971.JPG

Setup:

IMG_0247.JPG.c2cebd16d1ad5165293e4ce918895f53.JPGIMG_0253.JPG.35e095bd7a746a5b4a4d603ef0fa2bc6.JPG

Turn 1:

I win roll off but give the first turn to Ian, who shoots some wounds into my Ironclad Megaboss on Maw Crusha. He advances with his mangler squigs and shuffles some units around. He knows I have to come to him. 

IMG_0248.JPG.ff7f6d76fe8cdd962291411fb2c04d5b.JPGIMG_0250.JPG.3a95f58f35871fd15aa701dbe6168f6f.JPGIMG_0251.JPG.12f835e4a4a19076751d047db5cf7bad.JPG

my turn 1:

I roll a sucessful Rampaging Destoyer move with my General, Burzakk, and he yells at the Ardboyz to run or die. With a 14 inch move (6+4+4) and a 4+ to the charge roll, my ardboys smack into his goblin archers locking one or two squigs in combat. They were blessed by Gork no doubt. I also get a charge off with my Gore gruntas which stayed 8" out of the Mangler squigs and activate their charge buff. 

I take the mangler down to a wound or two left, while he scratch my ardboys with grot cutas. 

IMG_0254.JPG.e7a2a76d5d1431397b58ec1f871c3076.JPG

turn 2:

IMG_0256.JPG.9dea58a6576a7cf742409419c1219e4a.JPG

The bravest fighter of the game, the grot warboss on squigs charge my Gore Gruntas, and kills one of them. My ardboys fights his squigs at the center and then kill the Mangeler Squig. His squig hoppers roll an 10" charge and kills 2 brutes, luckily the bravery 9 from he "Goldtoofs battalion" and Boss skewer on warchanter  makes them safe from Battleshock. But the poor brutes are tired and do very little against his squig hoppers.  In my turn, I dislike the odds of the Grot Warboss success at butchering pigs, that I retreat with my gruntas. 

IMG_0257.JPG.77e30a7e3bc08b67db487a9028ab4f74.JPG

Turn 3 - the hunt of the pigs:

this was the best moment of the game. When the grave squig boss runs after the gruntas fearlessly yelling: "GIT EM PORKS OVA'ERE!!" 

IMG_0259.JPG.2628203a7c9f57788f8ac49a5d150df5.JPG

At this point my camera stopped having a cameraman, cuz he had too much fun (me). The game ultimately ended with GorkMorka favoring the Ironjawz with a lot better dice rolls when needed. Burzakk Goldtoof survived on his Mawcrusha with 1 single wound left after some amazing save rolls vs the firepower of two mighty aiming spearchukkas. And the realmgate may in fact have been the one that takes the warband to challenge the mighty Fist of Gork! 

IMG_0260.JPG.de8979362191da39dd3f553b0154c033.JPG

We will not know until next time. 

After battle photo. Me in he middle with Ian to the left and Ben to the right.

IMG_0262.JPG.e69775cc2145e5f54ce4b9cd93b390e8.JPG

Edited by Lysandestolpe
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

After Nova and an amazing trip to Nottingham, I have decided to take up the underdog of Age of Sigmar. Nagash needs some love and in between a busy schedule of commissions, he shall emerge in his most exquisite form.  I will be blogging him here, but please be patient and don't lose faith in me finishing him! :D

1. Gluing. I left him lose in his skirt so that he can pop out of it and paint him separately, I also pinned the head so that it comes off when it is time to paint. I will paint him close to the box art, as I love that color scheme.

With Nagash, I will also do

40 mantic Zombies
6 Spirit Hosts
2-4 Morghasts
Arkan The Black/ Manfred
Perhaps a corpse cart too :D

IMG_8268.JPG.93956ee5b63a90e911c005adb7814729.JPG

26 minutes ago, Lysandestolpe said:

After Nova and an amazing trip to Nottingham, I have decided to take up the underdog of Age of Sigmar. Nagash needs some love and in between a busy schedule of commissions, he shall emerge in his most exquisite form.  I will be blogging him here, but please be patient and don't lose faith in me finishing him! :D

1. Gluing. I left him lose in his skirt so that he can pop out of it and paint him separately, I also pinned the head so that it comes off when it is time to paint. I will paint him close to the box art, as I love that color scheme.

With Nagash, I will also do

40 mantic Zombies
6 Spirit Hosts
2-4 Morghasts
Arkan The Black/ Manfred
Perhaps a corpse cart too :D

I too have purchased and painted an underdog in Archaon.  The big models are amazing to paint as you discover the details along the way.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tolstedt said:

I too have purchased and painted an underdog in Archaon.  The big models are amazing to paint as you discover the details along the way.

Oh man! That model is so amazing. I have a client pay me with Archaon actually. So i'll get around to him later this year mot likely. ^^

• 3 weeks later...

Here are two first images for my Khorne with dark background instead of the wonderfully clashing white...

I painted these to a tabletop standard rather than my usual "extra zest". I want to add better detailing and quality to some areas eventually, but I'll most likely paint a new army then. So I don't expect these to go anywhere further than this:

IMG_8489.JPG.961b806aa84071b1633d0c46b6996f2e.JPG

59ebd3413aa6f_FullSizeRender2.jpg.070650bebac39848091d3f903bc7b761.jpg

• Like 2