OscarLars Painting Stuff - Ossiarch Bonereaper Update!

Phenomenal stuff!  Keep the pics coming as I will definitely be trying some of your light source techniques as my painting skills slowly improve after being out of the hobby for many years.

What size brush are you using to get such fine control in the battle damaged areas?  I have traditionally avoided anything smaller than a size 1 Winsor and Newton since i have trouble getting good flow of of anything smaller.

9 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

Phenomenal stuff!  Keep the pics coming as I will definitely be trying some of your light source techniques as my painting skills slowly improve after being out of the hobby for many years.

What size brush are you using to get such fine control in the battle damaged areas?  I have traditionally avoided anything smaller than a size 1 Winsor and Newton since i have trouble getting good flow of of anything smaller.

I use sizes 3 to 0 mostly. It really depends on what I am painting. For the scratches I used a 0, as I only need a very little amount of paint in the brush. But 80% of the model in general was painted with a size 1.

Thank you so much for your comment and compliments! I need the encouragement to make it through 24 models total! :D haha

11 minutes ago, Tzaangor Management said:

Brilliant stuff! Saw him on Twitter at about 2/3 done and he looked great, but he's crazy good now. A whole army of these will be awesome!

I'd imagine Liberators will be the easiest of the lot, but long does it take roughly per model? 

Thanks buddy!

I estimate myself being able to do one per week on top of work and some other things. It'll be a hard road. But I am pretty damn determined. haha

yes, I think the other models are more complicated. But the process is the same so it doesn't necessarily make them harder to do, just takes a little bit more time. Thanks for commenting!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Traitor said:

Woah, 1000 points painted like that is going to be amazing, can't wait to see how the scheme looks in a unit!

Haha i know, I told too many people i would do it, so it is to late to back out now...

i’m working on the liberator prime now, he is anout 60% done. Im hoping to have a soid five man unit done in two weeks, to start off strong! But they take forever so im trying to set goals but not beating myself up if i cant keep them. But at least one model a week i need to keep to get them done before Nova Open, and give me time for the display board and basing. :)

thanks for looking and commenting!

Hi everyone!

Bigger update than usual now. Been super busy all week working my ass off to get some work done for clients. I did manage to get some time in to finish another Liberator too, which is nice, and the third one is on the way. Anyways, here is my latest work:

Lord of Blights for my friend Jonatan from The Honest Wargamer Podcast. Go check them out. He's on the wednesday night (Europe episode).

IMG_9285.jpg.5c367ef910ac8e2a6239f684b5e8e10f.jpgIMG_9286.jpg.8547a3564384ff9c9dffe496fbd453e8.jpgIMG_9287.jpg.166d38b133ad1e5d1c6ba7742be55d52.jpgIMG_9288.jpg.4ea5b545b50783855d13e97752d10398.jpg

Here is a Lord of Affliction for local client:

IMG_9327.jpg.fe225231add14a4631ede3de3a283b27.jpgIMG_9328.jpg.6cbf0fe85e289e4ff38116539fd27530.jpgIMG_9329.jpg.c5564ae236987276853e3320e3f43b55.jpgIMG_9330.jpg.bbad5358c2c771411cf20d76649805de.jpg

And here are my two finished liberators:

IMG_9323.jpg.a2cff9e3dd7cc1b57f4a274a8cad2c19.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Hey Oscar, like I said on the Twitter those Stormcast are some of the best I've seen. I'm not usuallly a fan but I think these are brilliant. I've got to admit I've saved your lord of Affliction photo too, as I've just started working on mine. 

I hope you keep posting as this is a very inspiring blog. Top stuff :)

3 hours ago, Stevewren said:

Hey Oscar, like I said on the Twitter those Stormcast are some of the best I've seen. I'm not usuallly a fan but I think these are brilliant. I've got to admit I've saved your lord of Affliction photo too, as I've just started working on mine.

I hope you keep posting as this is a very inspiring blog. Top stuff :)

Thanks Steven! It was a pleasure running into you at Heat 1. I will keep posting and as so many have contacted me on Twitter, instagram, and in person about my process, I will start doing some tutorial videos. Although I am a complete noob in making videos, I'll try to do my best expanding the various forms of ways I can display the miniatures I do on this blog and social media.

Thanks again for your kind words! Perhaps I will see you at the GT finals in October?

1 hour ago, Lysandestolpe said:

This is pre-glazing and other final touches of course. So the NMM is still a little rough.

Haha, your "rough" NMM is beyond anything I can muster. 

These are looking great, look forward to your future endeavors.

Edited by AskedForIt
words are hard on mobile
  • Like 1