AoS App - Any word from GW?

Kamose

Soooo...it's been a couple weeks.  There is still quite a lot of warscrolls missing from the app. Half of Ironweld Arsenal, some Aelf units, everything from the Silver Tower, more I'm sure I'm missing.

It makes me a little sad because I'd wanted to run an Excelsior Warpriest with my Freeguild but now I don't have the warscroll.

I like the new layout. Its prettier and easier to read and search imo. They even re-Squatted the poor Brettonians (with 2 t's). ?

But has there been any word from GW about what's happening with it, updates and so forth? 

Thanks! ?

12 minutes ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

Otherwise all warscrolls are available in PDF form online on the GW store site, if you find the model scroll down and there’s a rules tab with a download link. 

I'd completely forgotten about this - thanks for reminding me! I too have been frustrated at not having access to a scroll for my Excelsior Warpriest.

That Facebook post from GW tries very hard to make the situation seem reasonable and 'just one of those things', but it's crazy that all of this stuff wasn't dealt with prior to launch. There was no real need for them to release the app in this state. If the General's Handbook had been shipped with key pages missing it wouldn't be so easy for them to brush aside, but it's on the same level really. Ok, so the app is easier to rectify and people arguably have less right to complain because the app can be used for free (a lot of people do pay GW for it though, lest we forget), but the impact on the community, the game and GW's reputation is pretty much identical.

They've always been weak on app development and they must surely know this by now - you'd think considering the scale and ambition of the rest of the AoS 2 launch they would have recognised this glaring weakness and got their house in order before now.

2 hours ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

Make sure you’re emailing GWApps@gwplc.com with your faults so they know. 

In my case, it took 6 days until my app worked after the update for the new edition. I didn't have used the Mailadress, I was in contact with Adam Hall via twitter.

Archived