Multitudinous host, wellspring of arcane might

Grotruk

Hi all.

I am following tzeentch thread and 6 nations thread, and nobody seems considering the multitidinous host.

I don't really understand why because it seems to be strong for me. Is it too expensive ?

And, what do you think about the daemonic power: wellspring of arcane might ?

I think it is because people are worried that investing that many points into the battalion, there won't be room for other essential units. F.x. for a tournament, you want a Gaunt Summoner for horde matchups and a Curseling for the magic heavy matchups. So.. at the cheapest, the host is 8x Brimstone horrors + Herald + the battalion cost(240?) = 560+140+240 = 940 pts. And most expensive  would be 8xPinks + Herald + battalion = 1600+140+240 = 1980 pts.  

I really want to try it out tho :D and IMO the trick lies in how many units of Pinks vs blues and even brims?  And then getting to 10 fate points to be able to split the host up!

My Idea is : 

Herald on Disc ( for mobility) = 140 pts.

Gaunt Summoner = 180 pts.

Curseling = 160 pts.

5x units of Pinks = 1000 pts.

2x Blues = 200 pts.

1x Brims = 70 

Battalion = 240 pts

- 1990 pts.

37 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

Probably a mix of the sheer amount it will cost you - money wise and the worry the FAQ stating you can't go above the unit starting size will come soon. 

Also I'm not sure if then it's even super strong, horrors are just horrors. 

That's the worries i had too. I would be curious to know the feelings from somebody wo tried that.

My list idea was very nearly the same than yours (with a bit less pink horrors and the blue scribes). With this concept, we have nearly no choices.

In fact, i'm not really hyped by playing so many times the same models, but curious about the potential.

(Sorry for my english, it's not my native language)

I asked about it in the old 'Let's Chat' thread after all the GHB2018 stuff was leaked, and Tony Moore said you couldn't go above the starting unit size. Not sure if that just applied to GHB2017 or if there's an overarching rule that prevents it and still applies?

My guess is that it is/quickly will be prohibited. Otherwise what's to stop you taking a single exalted flamer for 100 points and then just folding reality on it to get 5 more?

1 hour ago, Gilby said:

Otherwise what's to stop you taking a single exalted flamer for 100 points and then just folding reality on it to get 5 more?

The wording isn't the same at all: its is "ad d6 units" for multitudinous ost and "return many slain models" for fold reality.

Absolutely nothing is written about going above unit size for the moment but i suppose (as you do) it will be coming soon.

So maybe I’m missing something....in 1.0 the multitudinous host couldn’t take units over original size, right?  What has changed in 2.0 that, barring an errata, makes this possible? 

In 1.0. It was mentionned in general handbook you could'nt go above the starting unit size. It was probably designed to nerf the summoning.

Since 2.0, there is nothing in the corebook, and nothing in general handbook 2018.

On 7/11/2018 at 4:50 AM, Túrbóbelja said:

I think it is because people are worried that investing that many points into the battalion, there won't be room for other essential units. F.x. for a tournament, you want a Gaunt Summoner for horde matchups and a Curseling for the magic heavy matchups. So.. at the cheapest, the host is 8x Brimstone horrors + Herald + the battalion cost(240?) = 560+140+240 = 940 pts. And most expensive  would be 8xPinks + Herald + battalion = 1600+140+240 = 1980 pts.  

I really want to try it out tho :D and IMO the trick lies in how many units of Pinks vs blues and even brims?  And then getting to 10 fate points to be able to split the host up!

My Idea is : 

Herald on Disc ( for mobility) = 140 pts.

Gaunt Summoner = 180 pts.

Curseling = 160 pts.

5x units of Pinks = 1000 pts.

2x Blues = 200 pts.

1x Brims = 70 

Battalion = 240 pts

- 1990 pts.

This is pretty much the army I am building. 

Herald on disc

4 pinks

4 brims

Battalion

curseling

gaunt summoner

Blue scribes

mirror endless  spell

2k exactly

Basically converting my old 40k army to aos I had tons of brims and blues 

Archived