nagash

neferata

vsmpire lord

60 skeletons (40:10/10)

spell portal

geminids

shackles

2CP

basically neferata brings -1 to hit and Geminids give another -1 to hit. Neferata also gives nagash ethereal 3+ with rerolling 1s from nagash command ability. Nagash slings mortals and through portal and wrecks things in combat. 

I played yer first game again this:

kroak

slann

bastiladon

engine of the gods

3 kroxigors

50 skinks

basically so many spell options didn’t really optimize or play it super well.  Took him 4 turns to kill nagash but neferata died fast. Skeletons were too slow. Maybe pinions in skeletons would be better but 14” nagash is scary.  Forgot to cast geminids whole game lol

22 hours ago, CanHammer-darren said:

Played first game today with this list:

nagash

neferata

vsmpire lord

60 skeletons (40:10/10)

spell portal

geminids

shackles

2CP

basically neferata brings -1 to hit and Geminids give another -1 to hit. Neferata also gives nagash ethereal 3+ with rerolling 1s from nagash command ability. Nagash slings mortals and through portal and wrecks things in combat. 

I played yer first game again this:

kroak

slann

bastiladon

engine of the gods

3 kroxigors

50 skinks

basically so many spell options didn’t really optimize or play it super well.  Took him 4 turns to kill nagash but neferata died fast. Skeletons were too slow. Maybe pinions in skeletons would be better but 14” nagash is scary.  Forgot to cast geminids whole game lol

I have been playing a similar list since seeing the changes in new edition. 

Allegiance: Grand Host of Nagash
Mortal Realm: Hysh
Nagash Supreme Lord Of The Undead(800)
- General
- Lores of the Dead Spell 1: Overwhelming Dread (Deathmages)
- Lores of the Dead Spell 2: Amethystine Pinions (Vampires)
- Lores of the Dead Spell 3: Vile Transference (Vampires)
Neferata Mortarch Of Blood (400)
- Lore of the Dead: Spectral Grasp (Deathmages)
Lord Executioner (80)
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch 
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Spears
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 1900 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2

I took this list to 6 nations and did very well with it. Lost to Darren Watson's broken seraphon summoning list with 4(5) engines in a close game and against a melee tzeentch list in a close game. Came down to a double turn. 

Every other game I absolutely smashed. 

I'm going to swap out the 40 skeletons for 40 Chainrasps and after I see how that impacts the list I might swap out the Hexwraiths for more Chainrasps. 

Basic strategy is to buff up Nagash with movement and screen off Neferta in a position to debuff the enemy and attack if you can safely.

Use the Geminids to debuff further and also threaten key units should you lose the priority.

Shackles and Spectral grasp can slow down the enemy from reacting to Nagash. I have even used the shackles to deny surface area on my units. You can dismiss them in your hero phase before they slow you down in the movement phase. 

Yes, you can make Nagash work. I play in a bit of a shark tank of players and this list holds its own. 

Only counting actual tournament games, I'm 9-4 since the end of May.

3-2 AGOM (Best death), 3/3 Cry Havoc (2nd place) and 3-2 at 6 Nations. 

Haven't lost a practice game yet. He does struggle against some match ups. I still think alpha strikes can take him off. Pretty sure a clown car, as rare as it is now, just beats it turn 1. But he is fun and powerful and I love him. ?

Yea cool. Great to hear he does well. Just a lot of casting to my head around and using him in a efficient manner

any thoughts on using first cohort and 2-4 morghasts? That effectively gives nagash a lot more wounds instead of making him ethereal with neferata. Is the 160 battalion cost too much of a tax?

and what’s the function of the lord executioner in that list

and what are you doing to kill things?

6 hours ago, N_Watson said:

Only counting actual tournament games, I'm 9-4 since the end of May.

3-2 AGOM (Best death), 3/3 Cry Havoc (2nd place) and 3-2 at 6 Nations. 

Haven't lost a practice game yet. He does struggle against some match ups. I still think alpha strikes can take him off. Pretty sure a clown car, as rare as it is now, just beats it turn 1. But he is fun and powerful and I love him. ?

Have you tried using arkhan instead of nef?

7 hours ago, CanHammer-darren said:

Yea cool. Great to hear he does well. Just a lot of casting to my head around and using him in a efficient manner

any thoughts on using first cohort and 2-4 morghasts? That effectively gives nagash a lot more wounds instead of making him ethereal with neferata. Is the 160 battalion cost too much of a tax?

and what’s the function of the lord executioner in that list

and what are you doing to kill things?

I did originally mess around with first cohort, and it's ok, but it's almost like having Nagash on a leash. He only moves 9 and if you throw him forward with pinions, you end up too far away from the harbingers. You are also forced into 3 death rattle units. For the same cost as Morghasts and formation, you get a mortarch which gives a good spell, is a wizard or hero for scoring on missions that require a hero or wizard and she is actually really reliable in combat. 2+/3+ with some rend 2 in there. 

The executioner is there because you need a hero to hold and artifact. He scores in missions which requires wizard or hero with an artifact. He is ethereal and has a 5+ against mortals then a 6+. He also can debuff heroes with another -1 to hit. I used to use the cairn wraith just to have a cheap hero with the artifact. I had 20 points to spare and he is better. 

Most of the explosive killing is with Nagash. He rinses things in combat. Neferata is no slouch either. You just get them in combat while screening off their flank so they don't get surrounded. Then you grind it out with by making sure the entire enemy army is debuffed to hit and - attacks. 

1 hour ago, PUFNSTUF said:

Have you tried using arkhan instead of nef?

Yes, I did in the last edition, but with no mystical shield, Nagash won't see turn 3. The bonus damage you get from the spells and maybe the portal doesn't make up for having Nagash in combat longer. 

So with Neff screened in the back, you can run Nagash into combat? But that does mean you have to have an additional command point at the start so you can use both Nagash and Neff command ability right? Or is mystic + neffs ethereal spell + Nagash command ability, enough to keep Nagash? 

Interesting interesting... I love it! Going to run something like Nagash+Neff as casters skellies +wolves as battleline and Grim reapers to check out their damage potential as summonable unit. 

Love it! 

Ah the realm fixes the missing out on an artefact! Better go study all the different Realms! Although I'd skip the hexwraith add more skellies and a VL, but I am missing out on those sweet additional CPs.. 

Popping skellies out of the grave with a pinioned VL is just so sweet, but as a core Nagash and Neff do compliment each other! :)

Archived