GHB FAQ is out

Its good they cleared up the choosing Alliances and multi-alliance battalions.  That could get confusing.  I also like that they clarified and reinforced the rules of 1 for matched play.  Looks like Kroak might see more action in narrative and open play which prolly is best.  I know a lot of people hated him in tournaments.  However, as a Seraphon player, I do still consider it a nerf to my army.  This means I'm honor bound the throw to a tantrum online and burn my army! Be right back!  ;)

This one caught my attention.

Does this mean that a unit engaged in combat at the start of the Battle Round unengage from melee in the Hero Phase, then able to charge in the ensuing Charge Phase?

That could make the Destructive Bulk from the Maw Krusha pretty darn good...

FB_IMG_1469262162186.jpg

Retreat rules are clear on this. No charge. 

That's right. It does say that a unit which retreated this turn cannot charge. I would have thought it would say "in this movement phase" in which case you could charge as the retreat would have been in the hero phase. I guess that makes this less powerful without chaining charge bonuses (lame Ogre monster charge formation I'm looking at you).

To be fair a Sylvaneth army can take Kroak using the Winterleaf Wargrove, thus taking the Sylvaneth traits, artefacts and lore for Sylvaneth wizards, then he can summon a Bastiladon, Temple Guard, a Dread Saurian... whatever. I doubt we've seen the last of the toad.

3 hours ago, Kamose said:

As for Kroak well, the dude's got to be going on 20,000 years old at this point.  He's got a reason for slowing down.  And besides if they keep nerfing him, he'll begin to approach reasonable.  :P

See...now that's forging a narrative. :) 

Have they clarified (my GH is still in the store until I pick it up tomorrow) whether your 3 battleline units have to deployed as 3 units or whether they can be deployed as one big unit?

Is it generally the case that you have to list your units as you will deploy them, i.e. you don't say 50 Blood Warriors and deploy them as two 10s and a 30 (as you would in SCGT)?

21 minutes ago, Nico said:

Have they clarified (my GH is still in the store until I pick it up tomorrow) whether your 3 battleline units have to deployed as 3 units or whether they can be deployed as one big unit?

Is it generally the case that you have to list your units as you will deploy them, i.e. you don't say 50 Blood Warriors and deploy them as two 10s and a 30 (as you would in SCGT)?

I personally don't see a way around having separate units -- if you need three battleline units, they have to be three separate units (10, 10, 30 instead of 50) because otherwise you just have one battleline unit.

4 hours ago, rokapoke said:

I personally don't see a way around having separate units -- if you need three battleline units, they have to be three separate units (10, 10, 30 instead of 50) because otherwise you just have one battleline unit.

Yeah, it seems like a real pity to me though. Having 3 Warscrolls' worth would make it feel less like a core tax, with a lot of battleline units being particularly suited for large unit sizes, if you want to do anything more with them than run to objectives. This is also one of the things they (arguably) fixed in the transition from 7th to 8th edition (or was it 6th-7th?) and have now gone back on.

It feels uncharacteristically inelegant for AoS. Why are 30 Dryads and 3x10 Dryads not equal?

Archived