Endless Legions

Keith

How has Endless Legions been doing for you?

I only just read the FAQ where it changed this to the end of your movement phase.

That seems even better to me , you can move your General to the gravesite and then summon the destroyed unit. 

This summoning sounds really powerful?

13 minutes ago, Keith said:

How has Endless Legions been doing for you?

I only just read the FAQ where it changed this to the end of your movement phase.

That seems even better to me , you can move your General to the gravesite and then summon the destroyed unit. 

This summoning sounds really powerful?

Depends on the type of summoning.

In the old version you could summon up a unit of black knights or hexwraiths, then move them and charge with them in the same turn, but you needed to be a the Gravesite already.  With that one, some pre-planning could make it stupid good.

New version is more forgiving about letting you get your general into position and summon, but not get any real use out of the summoned unit that turn unless the enemy is already ontop of you.

New one is more forgiving, old one was more powerful.

I play matched play so I never used it before. Since AOS 2.0 has come out, I've only played two games. Won both games. The first game against Mixed Order I didn't use it since my gravesites were blocked a good chunk of the game. My opponent sort of stick his neck out a bit to try to block them and I used that to my advantage. The second game was against beast claw raiders and while he blew up 31 skeletons on the charge with his Frostlord (and shot the rest off on the double turn), I didn't need it. I used my Command Point for a devastating counter push instead that pretty much sealed the game. 

It's a small sample size but I've found my opponents' awareness of my gravesites has basically doubled. They're afraid of me resummoning 40 skeletons or some black knights and maneuver accordingly. The mental poker game has been the lowkey power of Endless Legions, I've found. The tactical flexibility has been great but in general I don't ever look forward to losing 40 skeletons or 20 GG to use it. 

• 9 months later...
16 hours ago, SmileB4uDieXD said:

In a game that depends on units being destroyed to gain victory points

... my answer still stands XD

a unit was destroyed -> vp

a wound was caused -> vp

doesn‘t matter what happens afterwards.

puts your Grind List in a tight spot sometimes, but such is li...death