Sylvaneth Wyldwood: Help me solve a difference of opinion (and other questions)

Deja vu

So tonight I was watching a game at a local store. Seeing that one of the players was playing Sylvaneth (my army is Sylvaneth as well) I was very interested. 

So they set up terrain and the Sylvaneth guy naturally set up his Wyldwood consisting of a single Citadel wood model.  As the game went on the Sylvaneth player summoned a Wyldwood using his tree-lord ancient.  This time he used 3 citadel wood models making a triangle.  They then had a discussion about if you are sopose to use 1 or 1-3 models for a Sylvaneth Wyldwood.  The Sylvaneth player pointed out the warscroll stating what a Sylvaneth Wyldwood was but the other player (playing  Tzeentch if that maters) would not have it.  In the end the Sylvaneth player relented and only used a single model from then on. 

Is that correct? 

Just looking for advise before my first official game in a local tournament. 

P.s. another question:  would using the Verdant Blessing spell through a Umberal Spell Portal give my summon much further reach?  How about the Wyldwoods Roused by Magic ability if a spell is cast through a portal but the other portal is with in 6 inches of the Wyldwood? 

I know lots of questions.... Sorry and thanks! 

A Sylvaneth Wyldwood consists of 1-3 citadel wood models (which must all be placed within 1" of each other), so the Sylvaneth player was correct in this case. If you play in that store and people try to argue the validity of using 3 woods as a single wyldwood, maybe bring some proof like tournament footage or other examples (even though the warscroll should be all the proof you need).  

19 hours ago, heywoah_twitch said:

How does an opponent argue with the sentence "A Sylvaneth Wyldwood consists of 1-3 citadel woods models"?

The other side of the disagreement was that the 1-3 was how many was allowed on the table in a game.  So you start with 1 and could summon up to 2 more. All of them put together are considered the Wyldwood. 

2 hours ago, Deja vu said:

The other side of the disagreement was that the 1-3 was how many was allowed on the table in a game.  So you start with 1 and could summon up to 2 more. All of them put together are considered the Wyldwood. 

That is quality nonsense.

@Deja vu never heard that one. Amazing ?

As all other posters have said, each time you successful trigger an ability that allows you to place a Wyldwood you place 1-3 Citadel Wood models within 1” of each other wood. Note that some abilities have different restrictions on how far these should be placed from models and other scenery

Wow... Yeah, each Wildwood is 1 to 3 Woods, and each time you place woods it is a Wildwood. Figured that would be the easier of the fancy rules to understand. Guess the Tzeentch player was mad about the mass amount of "Roused by Magic" coming his way? lol

BTW, for the second question, I do believe you use the second portal as the origin, so it will rouse the wood it is next to and potentially extend the range of any spell you use through it. So yeah, Spellportal should allow you to launch woods at your opponents. lol

5 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

BTW, for the second question, I do believe you use the second portal as the origin, so it will rouse the wood it is next to and potentially extend the range of any spell you use through it. So yeah, Spellportal should allow you to launch woods at your opponents. lol

Thanks.  My current plan is to launch trees at the opponent along with a spirit of Durthu and have the branchwrayth heal him and set off the woods from a distance. 

• 4 months later...
On 7/10/2018 at 8:51 PM, Deja vu said:

Thanks.  My current plan is to launch trees at the opponent along with a spirit of Durthu and have the branchwrayth heal him and set off the woods from a distance. 

That's an awesome tactic - did it work as expected in the end? 

Archived