Nighthaunt rules question

Laspammy

So I picked up a copy of the nighthaunt battletome today and noticed that the chainguard battalion on page 68 gets the effect of getting and additional d6 models back from spectral lure or temporal translocation spells. My question is, where or what is this mysterious temporal translocation spell?

15310304833071561106958.jpg

• 2 months later...

It is a spell exclusive for Darrakar I believe. (unless a normal guardian of souls can get his hands on a mortality glass)
I actually got Darrakar, and he has a mortality glass as an alternative to the lantern of souls. I added a picture of my little book I got with Darrakar. 

In case the picture is not clear enough to read, the mortality glass replaces the nightmare lantern's buff of adding 1 to wound rolls with a debuff which makes every enemy unit that tries to charge within 9" of Darrakar do the charge with only 1 dice.
the mortality glass also replaces the spectral lure spell with temporary translocation. It has a casting value of 6. If successfull you can make a friendly nighthaunt unit within 24" of the caster make a normal move of up to 6". The benefit of this is that if a unit flees from battle using this spell, the unit is still allowed to charge that same turn! I am only not sure if this 6" move is instead of the regular movement, or if it is an extra move during your hero phase. 

Darrakar.jpg

If it counted as the units move i believe it would say "counts as units move" so I think its a pretty tasty skill. 

Fyi: just got mine! 

I still do not understand the logic behind making it a limited edition... Instead GW opted for a 2nd sculpt of hero rarely seen... aka. Lord Executioner...

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

If it counted as the units move i believe it would say "counts as units move" so I think its a pretty tasty skill. 

Fyi: just got mine! 

I still do not understand the logic behind making it a limited edition... Instead GW opted for a 2nd sculpt of hero rarely seen... aka. Lord Executioner...

It is important to remember that alternative sculpts would be in production long before rules are written.  The lord executioner is rarely seen because he is not good relative to his pts cost. Had he been given a stronger warscroll it is likely the usage for two versions of the model would have been a lot more common. Regardless, though, the decision to produce two executioner models would have been made a long time ago.

Archived