Happy Liberation Day!

happy_liberation_day__by_baron_klatz-dcg

It's the 3rd anniversary of Age of Sigmar and I just wanted to say thank you to such an awesome community of hobbyists and that from my long time obsess-er-Happiness with Warhammer fantasy then to Age of Sigmar from it's beginning when I saw so much creativity in both narratives and armies to now with AoS being a booming success with so many new and great hobbyists swelling it's ranks everyday!

Looking forward to the years ahead with all of you as we continue to battle for the glorious Mortal Realms and see more of their wonders revealed to us! :)

(P.S. I know it's technically past July 4th as it is a few minutes past twelve here but the sketch took me six hours and my back is still healing so cut me a break, eh? ? )

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 11 months later...

Another glorious year has past and so too countless more stories and battles in the Mortal Realms!

Happy 4th Liberation Day everyone!

dday4fp-96891e92-31b0-4d25-83d6-d6f31248

(I promise i'll actually post on July 4th next time T-T, had uploading problems that made me tardy this time.

Phone refused to post the whole picture in the vertical format.)

20190705_012134.jpg

Let's have another epic year! :D

• Like 1

Because GW certainly kept up their end of the deal that it'd be a living rule-set that'd continue to update.

And once the community interaction factored in it's no wonder we've got the phenomenally fun system we do now with so much content! :D

(Also I was happy with the initial start.  Fan-made point systems were balanced, Open play with unrestricted armies was good fun with friends and the joke rules were no different than the stuff they posted on their website during 6th and 7th edition like Bret tourneys that got you extra points for shouting Monty Python quotes or Kislev ice magic that depended on the actual weather outside.

Definitely understood the following changes that made AoS more accessible like points but those were really fun times too. ;) )

• Like 1

Man, I still remember nerding out and reading war scrolls minutes before leaving for a parade and trying to think how it all should match up. Heck, I think today or tomorrow is the fourth anniversary of the first AoS game I played (and getting stomped in)

now i I got two full armies of heavy Calvary!

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Well it's only a month until the glorious 5th anniversary of the Mortal Realms and Sigmar reclaiming the realms and ushering in a grand new Age of prosperity. ;)

Was really happy to see other posts this year excited about the same thing (before quarantine ruined their plans unfortunately)

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaddrBoso/status/1232060139097726976

"This coming 4th of July will mark the 5th anniversary of #AoS. I still remember that weekend when the rules & warscrolls were available to download and I talked my partner into finally playing a minis wargame with me. Anyone planning an event to celebrate the 5th anniversary?

ERknWigWkAMym9J?format=jpg&name=small
"

Did you fellows have any cancelled plans to celebrate the anniversary too before Nurgle dropped in uninvited?

Also a nice stop-gap post I found before I make my own celebration art when July 4th rolls round. :)

https://www.deviantart.com/kanenash/art/Azyr-The-Realm-of-Heavens-687238043

azyr___the_realm_of_heavens_by_kanenash_

"With Age of Sigmar I see the Warhammer franchise has gone through a trope reconstruction, for those who don't know what I am talking about check the Deconstruction entry at TVTropes.

This is also a point for me to celebrate certain personal achievements, hard won victories and turning points, going back from the brink, adapting and thriving in the face of adversity."

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

• 4 weeks later...
Another glorious year to hallmark our beloved hobby in the Mortal Realms. :D

Was thinking of a sky war to commemorate the aether war stuff but pinky wrestling a gargant was too fun.

(Clockwise: Kharadron, Spider Grotling, Gargant,  Lumineth,  Fyreslayer, Flame Scion,  Stormcast, Ossiarch in the corner)

de0p71q-5ab6112f-f581-4a1b-8616-f76113ff

Wishing you all a great Liberation day and happy 4th!
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

Oh, just had to share this awesome tweet on the glories we've had these past 5 years. :D

https://mobile.twitter.com/RLRSmith88/status/1279399133569310726

"

A little summary at how much the storyline has moved on in 5 years, the big hits of campaigns, events and story shifts we've seen and more to come. Thrilled to have been playing the last 5 years and look forward to more. #ageofsigmar #warhammercommunity #5yearsAoS"

EcFWuqXWsAMaN2S?format=jpg&name=medium

(Also just discovering twitter has an Age of Sigmar Lorebot that posts random lore snippets. So that's fun.)
  • Thanks 2

• 11 months later...

It's that time again! A glorious 6 years defending/conquering the Mortal Realms and making great friends along the way. :D

Here's to many more ahead!

VBjWCuw8hJdtXGxEdjSkE42IiHbOdmqezzSrdSMX

Also did a commemoration sketch for the AoS sub-reddit reaching 90,000 subs. Let's keep this awesome community and setting growing!

KjUsmavAp3zufMsBaCHhe_HUI_AtxwbS_LRLsFIN

• Like 5

• 11 months later...

Another year and glorious Anniversary for our epic game and setting in the Mortal Realms!

image.jpeg.e545d703e2c408ea448111d2db969f68.jpeg

More than happy to commemorate such an occasion with art focusing on the Realm of Beasts, Krondspine Elemental, and recent new heirs of the NightHaunt boatman, Skaven assassin and Lumineth Enlightener. Also having a Boingrot hero on bat Squig to honor the Gloomspites, Grand Alliance Destruction and the Anvil of Apotheosis unique hero maker. :D

Rage on with the Era of the Beast for this epic setting! For Order! Death! Destruction! And Chaos!

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 3