[Poll] What Forge World models would you like to see return?

https://strawpoll.com/kbs7ddr3

Vote up above (you can select multiple options) and feel free to discuss. I was told by FW that if demand is high enough they will consider returning models to the range, so I figured I'd make a poll and send them the results. As far as I know a poll like this has never been conducted before, so spreading it around and getting more votes would be helpful if you so desire. If anyone is going to the FW Open Day you could also ask about the future of these models there, might get a good answer out of it.

I think every model that they've discontinued has some merit for being returned. An Incarnate model for every realm would be awesome, everyone wants a Mammoth or a Landship still and everyone loves their gargants. Not to mention the Skullcracker mysteriously being removed despite Legion of Azgorh being decently popular and still growing. A lot of these models have great rules and sadly can't be used by newcomers.

The Landship is absolutely the sort of pure rediculous concept that Age of Sigmar embraces and actively thrives upon.  The mammoth is just awesome because giant furry elephants are awesome.

I would honestly like to see some of the Forgeworld stuff not only come back but move into mainline GW kits.  The mammoth would be perfect for a Darkoath plastic behemoth kit.  When Forgeworld made a lot of these kits GW was not really making huge monsters for Fantasy.  These behemoth models are a fairly new thing that started showing up in 8th edition.  Once upon a time Dragons and Greater Demons fit on 50mm bases and the Giant was one of the biggest things in the game.  

Some of the current Forgeworld kits would work well as standard plastic kits such as all the Moonclan models.

I think that's the shame of it all. Most of these models were discontinued when Fantasy was not very popular or profitable, not to mention the fact that their rules were often lacking and were split between a £32 and £45 book respectively. As you said, stuff like the Landship just screams Age of Sigmar and I completely agree that some of these kits would be great in plastic.

3 hours ago, Kirjava13 said:

Edit: wow, no love for the poor old Nuln Ironsides

I kinda expected them to be at the bottom (maybe not under the frogs though), but Jubal Falk from the Ironsides Command would make a good replacement for a Freeguild General or a Gunmaster.

Thing is there's a lot of models where the concept is great but the model is clearly showing its age. Theodore Bruckner and Reaper is a fantastic example of a model that pales in comparison to many of the GW plastic models on show now in terms of its pose and design.

The Warhammer Fire dragon is another good example.

So for many I'd like to see the "concept" return but with a brand new, modern sculpt rather than the old sculpt returned.

Not a model but I'd like a warscroll for Elspeth on Carmine Dragon. That model was expensive so not having rules for it is annoying. 

Currently getting used as an Archmage on Dragon but the dragon looks a little large for that stat line :/

I feel like the incarnates elementals of fire and beasts would just fit so well into the new malign sorceries stuff that I would love to see them come back, perhaps with new incarnates for other magic types (I still remember concept art for the incarnate of death). I like the land ship but it feels to tied to the old world, I'd rather have a spiritual successor based on the cog forts. The mammoth is great though I seem to remember them saying it was really prone to manufacturing issues which might explain why its no longer available.

I'm actually a little surprised that the Incarnate Elementals weren't brought back and refreshed to fit AoS with the Malign Sorcery expansion. What are they if not huge resin precursors of the living spells or the focus on the different winds/realms? That might demand too much coordination between GW and GW proper though...

Anyway I voted for them and the Arcane Frogs for the same reason, along with the Rhinox cavalry. Always wanted them when I collected WHFB ogres and they'd fit right into the beastclaw rules.

I've been sad about the Preyton disappearing ever since I narrowly missed getting one back in the day, I wish they'd bring it back. Actually, I wish the concept would get picked up and used for a plastic kit, but nevermind.

9 hours ago, AaronWIlson said:

Chaos War Mammoth that I can make all Tzeentchy! Yusshhhhhhhh

you'll touch it with white cotton gloves if they bring it back at the original 395 price tag.

I'd like to see them all come back.  The difference between then and now is that back in days of fantasy most events wouldn't let you run these models as part of your army - even GW themselves didn't let you run forgeworld units till very late in the 8th ed event lifecycle.   Now they're all legit and well received.

The rhinox cavalry will be a huge seller for them, as will the incarnate elementals for destruction players.  The curs'd ettin suffered from not looking anything like its  monstrous arcanum picture, but I love mine, I think its a great model, and yes, the mammoth... never get tired of looking at that one.

I think they could try with a simple made to order style run just to test the water and see if they're worth bringing back or not.

On 7/5/2018 at 12:11 PM, MrZakalwe said:

Not a model but I'd like a warscroll for Elspeth on Carmine Dragon. That model was expensive so not having rules for it is annoying. 

Currently getting used as an Archmage on Dragon but the dragon looks a little large for that stat line :/

This x100! They could at least do rules for all the models still on sale :P

Archived