Retributors vs Evocators ?!

Rod

7 minutes ago, Rod said:

whats your take on this two similar units.

also im new in AOS , only have a Celestant Prime,  looking for advice on what to buy next

I'd say grab the new battletome this weekend, as it will have updated units/rules/etc

Unless there's way better battalions for Retributors, Evocators are pretty much strictly better. Their regular attacks average the same amount of damage, but evocators do an average 1 mortal wound per model in the unit on top of that, which more than compensates for the lack of starsoul maces, and the unit can cast and unbind spells (and if their spell goes off on themselves, their damage ends up higher than Retributors).

Also they're 20pts cheaper.

On 7/3/2018 at 10:06 PM, Rod said:

whats your take on this two similar units.

also im new in AOS , only have a Celestant Prime,  looking for advice on what to buy next

Retributors look better :)

On a more serious note. As @chord  said, get the new battletome and have a look at the options.

Aside from that my guess is, that you are into matched play. Then you'll need at least 3 battleline units. Now SCE have a lot of options in this regard, but. My advice would be that you decide  what type of army you want to play. Oldschool, then Liberators and Judicators are what you need. If you want to go mobile, short ranged type of army, then you want to take a look at Vanguard-Hunters. If you want to jump on the bandwagon or you like magic heavy armies,t then Sequitors are your thing.

Archived