Icon of Mork (or is it Gork?)

Lucio

I got an opportunity last night to try one of these out, and it was absolutely brutal, responisible for wiping out two thirds of the opposing Stormcast / Free People forces.

I had to proxy the model with a Giant but have found this one as a possible stand-in http://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=278

Any other ideas for a model, other than carving polystyrene?

They are good, but they are also pretty slow with their random movement. They don't have a shooting attack. With just a 4+ save, it is possible for regular troops to wear them down or for a single elite unit (20 Executioners, 20 Stormvermin, 10 Paladins) to drop a lot of damage on it and cripple it. I'm still a fan. Where they are strong is if the enemy makes a half hearted attempt to kill it. Either you go all in and kill it, or you completely avoid it.

I'm planning on offloading my 40k Orks, however I am seriously seriously contemplating keeping the Gorkanaut and cutting it up a bit to make some kind of Mecha-Idol. Think it could look great with my Ironjawz...conversely I could pretty easily f**k up an expensive model.

Out of interest, what size base does the Idol come with? The Gorkanaut is on an oval base and I'd prefer the correct round if I do go ahead with this madness.

1 hour ago, Chris Tomlin said:

I'm planning on offloading my 40k Orks, however I am seriously seriously contemplating keeping the Gorkanaut and cutting it up a bit to make some kind of Mecha-Idol. Think it could look great with my Ironjawz...conversely I could pretty easily f**k up an expensive model.

Out of interest, what size base does the Idol come with? The Gorkanaut is on an oval base and I'd prefer the correct round if I do go ahead with this madness.

Pretty sure it was a Chariot base, so square 80mm x 120mm, a 100mm Round base should be fine for a repurposed Gorkanaut

2 hours ago, Furious said:

Gorkanaut would work well with a more Ironjaw/Greenskin army. I've toyed with the idea myself, but they're really expensive. Maybe one of them Killer Cans (is that what they're called?)?

Killa Kanz are tiny, barely up to the size of a Stormfiend or a really angry Megaboss

Maybe all three from the box stacked up like a giant mecha-totem pole? It'd certainly be a fun piece of scenary.

6 hours ago, Lucio said:

Killa Kanz are tiny, barely up to the size of a Stormfiend or a really angry Megaboss

Maybe all three from the box stacked up like a giant mecha-totem pole? It'd certainly be a fun piece of scenary.

My mistake - I was thinking of the Deff Dread. Still too small? I'm not sure of their size or the size of the Rogue Idol (what is a comparable AoS model, in terms of height and/or width? A gargant?). Would look good with Ironjaws for sure - just get rid of wires and saws, and greenstuff some crude blades or some such, make it look more like animated scrap metal.

Had another look over the assembled Gorkanaut model in my hands last night and am convinced it'll work.

I've decided I'm going to do it!

Aiming to get 2,000pts of Ironjawz painted for The Warlords (GW's Matched Play event) in early September and then I'll allow myself to branch out into Destruction and try some other bits - first on the list being the Mecha-Idol!

5 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Had another look over the assembled Gorkanaut model in my hands last night and am convinced it'll work.

I've decided I'm going to do it!

Aiming to get 2,000pts of Ironjawz painted for The Warlords (GW's Matched Play event) in early September and then I'll allow myself to branch out into Destruction and try some other bits - first on the list being the Mecha-Idol!

I look forward to what you can do with the Gorkanaught!

Thanks, gents.  I had no idea about this.

The Troll Hag is going to hard to pass up:  16 Wounds, "Copious" vomit attack, Wizard keyword with the Troll Hag's Curse.
Delicious.

Can someone point me toward the points for this Arcanum?  (Or am i missing something obvious?)

Many thanks!

5 hours ago, Lucio said:

Well I caved and ordered up the Puppetswar miniature for now, though the Gorkanaught idea is tempting, maybe will get a handful of parts from a bitz site

Doh, I was just about to offer my Puppetswar Stone Golem in here at a discount! It's been sitting in a box here new and unassembled.

Any takers? £22 delivered to the UK, £25 elsewhere :)

Archived