Dispelling and endless spells

Dannathar

Question

I get that you can try and stop one but when its already in play at the beginning of your hero phase you can attempt to remove at its normal cast lvl. If I have a hero that can dispel like a wizard say from a piece of equipment, can they make the attempt? They  meet the requirements to dispel they just don’t give up a spell to cast that turn as they have none. 

Also, can khorne’s second chart ability be used to remove one?

Thank you

8 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Dannathar said:

With an endless spell you can attempt to unbind it at the start of your hero phase. This costs your wizard one of the spells he can cast.

Here's where you're tripping up a bit. You aren't unbinding at the start of your hero phase, you're using a keyword=wizard model to roll a special dispel action. These two actions are different!

You have 3 ways of stopping an endless spell:

1) Unbind as it is cast.

2) Dispel from a wizard at the beginning of your hero phase.

3) A special condition on certain endless spell's warscrolls.

Edited by heywoah_twitch
  • Like 1

I feel i used poor wording when i asked my questions.  I want to confirm that I have my facts straight. As i need to know if i have one or two ways to deal with the spells or if i can only run them off the table. Thanks for the answers so far.

A) Khorne has a piece of wargear that lets a hero unbind a single spell during the magic phase like a wizard. So in that one instance I know that character can unbind a single spell attempt.

B) For 2 blood tithe points i know can auto unbind a spell anywhere on the table.  

With an endless spell you can attempt to unbind it at the start of your hero phase. This costs your wizard one of the spells he can cast.

1) Is the action of removal of the endless spell an unbind or is it something else?

2) Can I use the above to unbind (ref A)? As I don’t care if I lose a spell to cast. <==That being a tax ON doing it not a requirement TO do it. 

3) Can I use (Ref B) to remove it or does it need an faq to do so based on wording?

1 hour ago, ratboy said:

how may times canyou atempt to despel and endless spell a turn say you fail the first one can you burn another spell to try again

It is actually stated in the rules for disspelling Endless Spells (Gamingbook page 19, Malign Sorcery Page 53, Corebook Page 262) Unbinding and Dispelling, paragraph 2, last sentence.

An endless spell model cannot be subjected to more stan one dispel attempt per hero phase.

You have one chance to dispell per Endless Spell per hero phase.

Also the Threadtopic is over a year old.

Some abilities like like the Collars of Khorne of Flesh Hounds have a addition to dispell a endless spell at the beginning of their own herophase since the new Battletome Blades of Khorne came out in 2019 (but such a sentence is needed that an Endless Spell can be unbind.

Edited by EMMachine