What would Sylvaneth From the realm of Ulgu look like?

Deja vu

Looking to go beyond the basic brown primer My Sylvaneth are currently painted with.  Id like to make them from the realm of shadows.  What do you think they would look like.  Currently I am thinking black and dark brown for paint and may be red or grey leaves. 

But what after that? I know Ulgu is a dangerous place.  May be thorns? I also know its dark so may be mushrooms because they grow in the dark?  Any ideas?  I am pretty good with green stuff and that is how I plan to convert it.  

Thanks!

May be try to add some more ckulls at there branches (like on driads). Mushrooms is also great idea especialy if you make them glowing it will nicely contrast with dark bark. Another idea is to use Ghouls bodies for your Tree-Revenants and Spite-Revenants. You also can swap heads on your Sylvaneth with skulls from Citadel basing set.

I'm working (unfortunately quite slowly :/) on a similar idea, a Sylvaneth clan, although born originally in Ghyran they have settled in Ulgu, following an old Son of Durthu, which was sent there previously.

The color scheme I've decided will be also a dark brown bark, but also with some cold dark bluish tones. No greens at all!
The Durthu will be the special one, a completely pale bark, like a Birch Tree. I think it will contrast nicely with the shadow lands :)

• 1 month later...

Personally I'd just go for dark brown and dark green.. but I'm not a risk taker and don't want to risk having more exotic colors I might not like later one....if you don't want that and try something more exotic I'd try

- black/very dark brown (barky stuff) 

- dark purple (leavy  stuff)

- light purple accents.

- dark titanium look for the weapons.. also with purple accents.

I personally like a strong 2 toned theme as main colors in coloring since more really makes it less cohesive

And buy a smoke machine so you can aim it at the table every game for that real spooky effect :D

Archived