4 minutes ago, Batch said:

Alright I find with Greywater you either invest in Artillery or Stanks, have both and you kind of lose direction.  If I can make a few suggestions for this list.

Lose the Steam Tank and replace the Volleys for Rockets, I doubt at times the Volley could reach all targets. So that being said you can lose the second Runelord or dedicate him to the big beefy line of Dorfs. Now I wont take anything else but make some suggestions. 

Hurricanum is really rather good to stick next to your Irondrakes, To get the most out of that battalion I suggest 4 Artillery pieces and finally you need some speed in this army so either Gyrocopters OR grab a wizard and take the Bridge endless spell, being CoS it's a 24" move and you can get your Hammers right up close.

Fair enough! I like the Volleyguns profile for sheer volume, and 27 inches is pretty scary. But I can see the point.

Dropping the steam tank does free up points, but what else would I be dropping to make this list work points wise?

21 minutes ago, Bladedwind said:

Fair enough! I like the Volleyguns profile for sheer volume, and 27 inches is pretty scary. But I can see the point.

Dropping the steam tank does free up points, but what else would I be dropping to make this list work points wise?

It's hard to say, and it really depends on how you want to run the army, you've got a lot of Dwarves,  so do you want to run this as more combat heavy, or do you want to tank it out while your Artillery pummels the enemy.

My first thought is maybe take out the Ironbreakers to free up some room for your speed. The most I can do is show you the list I'm building and you might get an idea.

Runelord (90)

Lord Ordinator (140)
Generals Adjutant
Cogsmith (60)
General
Trait: Seat on the Council
Magnificent Macroscope

Celestial Hurricanum w/ Battlemage (280)
Steam Piston Plate mail
Spell: choking fumes

Battleline
Irondrakes x 20 (300)
Longbeard x 20 (220)
Ancestral weapon w/ shield
Freeguild Guard x 10 (80)
Sword and shield

Artillery
Helstorm Rocket Battery (130)

Gyrocopter x 3 (180)
Steam gun

Battalion
Greywater Artillery company (120)

2 Extra CP
116 Wounds
1990 Points

So here I've got three lines basically 

1. Gunline where I've got my Cogsmith and Ordinator supporting my Artillery from afar. 

2. The Dorfs going down the middle, Longbeards to Tarpit and support the Irondrakes as well as the Hurricanum. 

3. Gyros to go sit on an objective,  and deal a decent punch to hordes before they definitely die.

Also have a unit of Freeguild Guard to either Guard the artillery or hold a point in home territory should the play type call for it.

We can use the soulscream bridge to teleport our duardin 24-36". Irondrakes also still count as stationary afterwards. 

I'll be playing hallowheart to guarantee the bridge, but I'd like to play tempest eye for passive buffs, mobility and durability in the first turn against alpha strike lists.

• LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, AlmGandix3 said:

We can use the soulscream bridge to teleport our duardin 24-36". Irondrakes also still count as stationary afterwards. 

I'll be playing hallowheart to guarantee the bridge, but I'd like to play tempest eye for passive buffs, mobility and durability in the first turn against alpha strike lists.

Just take Sorceress for Bridge, if you also can fit in Hurricanum - even better. And you probably can position everything the way you still can teleport your unit where you want it to be whille being too far to unbind your cast roll.

21 minutes ago, AlmGandix3 said:

Tempest's eye also has a spell that turns Longbeards into Hammerers (or at least, gives them 2 attacks), which is very nice.

Edited by zilberfrid

Forgive me if this has already been discussed but my search-fu hasnt turned anything up. 

On warhammer weekly it was mentioned that steam tanks lose behemoth if you run them as battleline but i cant find anything that says that. Does anyone have any concrete ruling on the 9 steam tank army?

35 minutes ago, Brodylan said:

What are people’s general thoughts on  Irondrakes? Too expensive for what they do? 

I like them. Planning to run in Tempest Eye behind my main like. 20, standing still, near a Hawk Eyed general, gives you 40 shots @ 3+/2+/-1/1. Not too bad.  That’s 14 wounds against a 4+ sv. Throw in a Runelord for a little extra rend.  They’re probably not mathematically the best shooting unit, but they’re definitely not awful.

I'm new to Order. Long time Death player here. I'm thinking about a low model count melee list. This one seems the most simple:

2+ save on the General, +1 to hit and wound wholly within 18'' from the batallion, re-rolling wound rolls of 1 for the command trait. Too bad I can't fit another hero as the extra artifact is wasted.

Capture.JPG

1 minute ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Just tried it, seems fine to me as long as you’re not counting the Stormcast units in your army as allies.

Hey, it works for me in the builder now, could have sworn that yesterday it did not (with Kharadron).

Gotrek still makes the allies point red though.

On 10/7/2019 at 2:22 PM, Batch said:

Alright I find with Greywater you either invest in Artillery or Stanks, have both and you kind of lose direction.  If I can make a few suggestions for this list.

Lose the Steam Tank and replace the Volleys for Rockets, I doubt at times the Volley could reach all targets. So that being said you can lose the second Runelord or dedicate him to the big beefy line of Dorfs. Now I wont take anything else but make some suggestions. 

Hurricanum is really rather good to stick next to your Irondrakes, To get the most out of that battalion I suggest 4 Artillery pieces and finally you need some speed in this army so either Gyrocopters OR grab a wizard and take the Bridge endless spell, being CoS it's a 24" move and you can get your Hammers right up close.

The soulscream bridge also pairs nicely with the irondrakes coz they can teleport and still get their bonuses for not having moved (or handgunners/crossbowmen/eternal guard etc) (see Core Rules Designers’ Commentary, July 2019 'Reserves') - the teleport doesn't count as a move for the purposes of any other rules or abilities.

On 10/7/2019 at 5:22 AM, Batch said:

I do not agree that the Rockets are better than the hellblasters, the range is 27 '' plus 3 '' more for their movement, also if you add to this the command feature of: Ghoul Mere Ranger (Friendly units wholly within 12 " of the general can run and still shoot later in the same turn) we are talking about a more than considerable range to annihilate anything that is in the middle of the table, it is true that I agree that artillery pieces are missing, if you want play Greywater, I would put 5 hellblaster with the combo said above, greetings

HI all,

I'm new to AOS, reading through many posts and comments, already purchase the battletome and Azyr in APP.

And I am drafting my very first list of my CoS Army (2000 points)

Whats on my hand is only a Knight Incantor (from the introduction Magazine), and planning to buy two boxes of Start Collecting Anvilgard

My choice is  Living City, that I can also make use of SCE & Sylvaneth army (which seems easier to purchase)

Detail spells and artefacts is yet to choose, please give me some comments and advise!

Leaders
Black Ark Fleetmaster (General)
Black Ark Fleetmaster (Adjutant)
Knight-Incantor
Lord Celestant
Drycha Hamadreth

Battlelines
Black Ark Corsairs (10)
Black Ark Corsairs (10)
Scourgerunner Chariots (2)
Eternal Guard (10)
Eternal Guard (10)

Behemoths
Kharibdyss
Kharibdyss

Warmachines
Celestar Ballista

Extra Command Points (2)
Total Points 1,770

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Below are some of my questions:

(1) As a beginner, should I get two boxes of Greywater Fastness instead? I was a bit worried about their 4" Movement though.

(2) Two Wizardsis good enough? Do I need one more Battlemage?

(3) Any other leader choices? Freeguild General on Griffon or Celestial Hurricanum w/Battlemage seems hard to get one.

(4) Battleline choices? I temporary put Eternal Guard as I heard they are a solid choice, Liberators/Dryads/Kurnoth Hunter

(5) Or do I need more missile/shooting units?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Hey, it works for me in the builder now, could have sworn that yesterday it did not (with Kharadron).

Gotrek still makes the allies point red though.

I've found a short term fix for this. Temporarily swap your allegiance out for plain 'ol Order, add Gotrek to the army and then switch back to CoS. He won't be flagged as an ally, but it shouldn't cause any confusion as he can't be taken as anything else. :) 

13 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

I've found a short term fix for this. Temporarily swap your allegiance out for plain 'ol Order, add Gotrek to the army and then switch back to CoS. He won't be flagged as an ally, but it shouldn't cause any confusion as he can't be taken as anything else. :) 

I might have done that inadvertedly.

32 minutes ago, Charlo said:

I've got some old Bret Pegasus Knights in storage and looking for a way to bring them into cities...

Sadly flying units are few and far between in cities, I think my best bet might be Prosecutors and a Knight-Azyros...

Thoughts? 

I wholeheartedly agree with these choices. They are choices I want to make as well (though my Knight Azyros may end up being a winged Karl Franz.

Guys a general shout out to all who post or will post army lists.

Please write down for which playing enviroment the list is meant for. Tournament/Competitive/friendly/just for fun/narrative etc.

If you want a answer that might help this is an important information. 

Please note, that we are in the early stages with Cities of Sigmar and to give an answer if this or that is better to take demands some time until we all had our first games, try outs and calulations with the new units.

What can be said if a list shall move from friendly to competitive: If you take maxed size units you get point discounts, which means basically that you field more power than your opponent. Maxed units get even better if they have support units with buffs for them and furthermore the unit should have way to get as many attacks in as possible.

Example: 30 Black Guard with 2" reach can achieve more hits then Executioners with 1" Weapon reach. 

Is a hurricanum worth it? Well it does cost a lot of points, but is a great support unit. The hurricanum is worth taking if the hurricanum or the units with hurricanum buff destroy more or equal points from the enemies army. (Just count the additional wounds made possible with the Hurricanum)
This is only a rule of thumb and is wrong! Wrong because if can be necessary to concentrate as much power as possible to one side of your army. 

Is the volleygun or the Rocket battery better? Same thinking: The Rocket battery will shoot more often in the game due to its range. Can one of those artillery pieces make their points back yes/no => if the answer is no because the enemy simply destroys your artillery piece you can think about a chaff unit that you use to soak up the first charge of the enemy. The cost for the chaff unit (plus the small amount of damage) are added up to the point value of the artillery piece and so on...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That said! Here's a list I'm working on for a local AoS GT... 

CoS: Tempest's Eye

Leaders
Aether Khemist - general, Hawk-Eyed (CT), Patrician's Helm (artefact) 140
Celestial Hurricanum w/ mage - Celestial Visions (spell) 280
Runelord - adjutant

Battleline
30 Arkanauts - skyhooks 360
20 Irondrakes - retinue, grudgehammer 300
10 Longbeards - shields 110

Other
Gotrek 520
Gyrocopter 80

Endless Spells
Soulscream Bridge 80
Lifeswarm 50

2000/2000 ... 2/8 KO ... 1/4 Allies

The idea is that the core unit will be able to blow away anything. +1 to hit, +1 to wound, rend -2 for each shooting. Longbeards for buffs and screen. Runelord for dispell and buffs. Khemist to buff hooks. Hurricanum for buffs and MW output, endless spells, screen. Gotrek for killing monsters. Gyro for objectives and screening. Bridge to move core anywhere within 24" OR move Gotrek anywhere in 24". Lifeswarm to bring back lost shooters or longbeard screen OR heal GOTREK! The damage output is strong. Each big unit capable of putting out ~20 damage per attack. Gotrek and Irondrakes putting out more with extra fight and shooting. Arkanauts not as much but added 8" range over irondrakes.

Alternatives: take out Khemist and Arkanauts and add --- 1 Runelord, 10 Irondrakes, 10 Longbeards, 1 Gyrocopter, 1 Gyrobomber

Thoughts, tips, suggestions, whatever is greatly appreciated! Playing a wide range of armies: DoK, Slaanesh, FEC, SE, Khorne, Nurgle...all the big'uns.

Edited by Nicholunch
totals and alts