1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

It's just the number of warscrolls it needs to be balanced for. But you do have a point that balancing could also be done by losing the stormhost abilities and their own allegiance abilities.

Since the start of AOS its clear that Stormcast are quintessential for the whole order existence in mortal realms. It would be against the base lore to exclude them from what is as close to GA: order battletome as possible,

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Trayanee said:

Since the start of AOS its clear that Stormcast are quintessential for the whole order existence in mortal realms. It would be against the base lore to exclude them from what is as close to GA: order battletome as possible,

If the tome is effectively GA: Order, we have already lost, and would end up with exactly my point.

They could still be allies and end up in Hammerhal, so they aren't excluded, but I do think GW will put them in every city. This way they can toss worn out molds without replacing them, because there's a Stormcast for every warscroll they remove.

Edited by zilberfrid

I suspect that:

1) There might be one city that has a select range of stormcast models for inclusion outside of the allies limits. 

2) There might be one or two battalions which, again, let you take stormcast outside of the allies limit.

However whilst Stormcast are fighting side by side in the lore, I don't think GW will force Stormcast in everywhere. They haven't for the other Order forces and Cities already has a huge abundance of model choice. 

20 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

If the tome is effectively GA: Order, we have already lost, and would end up with exactly my point.

They could still be allies and end up in Hammerhal, so they aren't excluded, but I do think GW will put them in every city. This way they can toss worn out molds without replacing them, because there's a Stormcast for every warscroll they remove.

Well I doubt that it will be the new grand allegiance order.

wouldn't make sense when they are basically bringing a book out consisting of those allegiances and very easily to forget rules

3 hours ago, Overread said:

I suspect that:

1) There might be one city that has a select range of stormcast models for inclusion outside of the allies limits. 

2) There might be one or two battalions which, again, let you take stormcast outside of the allies limit.

However whilst Stormcast are fighting side by side in the lore, I don't think GW will force Stormcast in everywhere. They haven't for the other Order forces and Cities already has a huge abundance of model choice. 

All I see is speculation based on speculations. Which means that all you said bears no information and can be labelled as wishlisting.

The only reference we have is the Firestorm book, in which every city has complete access to the whole Stormcast range. Perhaps we will see reworks or new Warscrolls (Suggested by the reworked Freeguild General) which might fix the balancing. Although, everyone should keep in mind, neither 40k nor AoS are meant to be competitive games and therefore no one forces you to always pick the most point efficient choice for every battlefield role (which means that a balancing around Stormcast isn‘t required from GW‘s perspective).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

The only reference we have is the Firestorm book, in which every city has complete access to the whole Stormcast range.

There is a new confirmation from the WC: both new SC boxes can be used to start any city of the Cities of Sigmar battletome.  So, the old Firestorm book should not be taken as reference anymore IMO. Btw, I think that SCE need to be in every city (with an specific keyword).

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Beliman said:

There is a new confirmation from the WC: both new SC boxes can be used to start any city of the Cities of Sigmar battletome.  So, the old Firestorm book should not be taken as reference anymore IMO. Btw, I think that SCE need to be in every city (with an specific keyword).

Yes, that part also made stop for a second. Scourge privateers were initially Anvilgard only.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

The AoS FaceBook page posted a CoS preview a few minutes ago. 
71168805_1133972603466198_7320974933754904576_n.jpg.f872564f9164c34cf112b7a568966dba.jpg

71169294_1133972600132865_3778336065195081728_n.jpg.68df514bd591017c7468efafe64417a3.jpg

This confirms that the cities get unique abilities and atleast one artefact table to chose from.
I hope we get the rest today. 

Is this hinting that you can take a Dragon without a rider?

3 minutes ago, Harpo2 said:

I think the keyword is like that so that the Sorceress and Dreadlord are both be covered under it.

Drakeblood Curse table might be like the Stormcast mount traits where mounted characters can get an additional trait for their mounts.

I think that will be exactly what it is.

Vampire lords on Zombie Dragons be sad... Where are THEIR traits?! ;)

So you will get an ability from being cities of Sigmar and then an other for the city?

An average of 2 extra CP sounds nice depending on how many CP you will need.

I don't know many warscroll will change but some factions are basically only subpar units right now.

Edited by spenson