I feel like I have a Schrodinger army right now. No idea what is still usable or not. Honestly if this is the way they are going to treat us I'm just going to say ****** it and sell my army. 40k is more popular in the area and magic is something I want to get back into more. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Enochi said:

I feel like I have a Schrodinger army right now. No idea what is still usable or not. Honestly if this is the way they are going to treat us I'm just going to say ****** it and sell my army. 40k is more popular in the area and magic is something I want to get back into more. 

It is causing me stress. Stress I can't use in my hobby at this time.

Everyone you can stop making lists I have figured it all out. This is what we call EVERYONE HELP THE MIGHTY SLAYER!!!!

Leaders

• Gotrek (He is the list)
  • Jade Battlemage (Heals and gives Gotrek a 6++ save)
  • Archmage (Gives everything around him a 6++ save protecting Gotrek and his crew)
  • Freeguild General (This dude helps the shooters shoot all the small stuff infront of Gotrek)

Units

• Luminarch of Hysh (Gives Gotrek and his crew a 6++ save)
  • 5x Sisters of the Thorn (Gives Gotrek save rerolls) 
  • 30x Freeguild Crossbowmen (Shoot all the small stuff infront of Gotrek)
  • 30x Freeguild Crossbowmen (Shoot all the small stuff infront of Gotrek)
  • 10x Freeguild Guard (We need a battleline)

Spells

• Balewind Vortex (Put the battlemage here so he doesnt go into danger but can heal Gotrek)
  • Chronomatic Cogs (Makes the team of murder a lot faster)

Its fool proof guys this is how we beat everyone. Trust me at the end you have a Gotrek with a 4+ rerollable save,  3++ save, 6++ save, 6++ save and a 6++ save. What can the enemy do?

• Like 1

Kinda. Will Archmage have the CoS keyword? I doubt CoS will have Eldritch Council as allies, and even if it did, Gotrek uses all the ally points. For a GA order army this year? Sure!

Also, regarding Battlemages, i am not taking Gws word on anything until i see it. Not after the culling, not after the GHB mercenaries removed from the game a month after published.

1 minute ago, Thiagoma said:

Kinda. Will Archmage have the CoS keyword? I doubt CoS will have Eldritch Council as allies, and even if it did, Gotrek uses all the ally points. For a GA order army this year? Sure!

Also, regarding Battlemages, i am not taking Gws word on anything until i see it. Not after the culling, not after the GHB mercenaries removed from the game a month after published.

GW never said that mercenary rules means anything else for those miniatures. And culling was announced. Timing was unexpected but not the act itself.

Remember that those battlemages were in old "ally" box. Same happened with Moonclan Grots. They disappeared before Battletome to change the box name from Moonclan to Gloomspite.

27 minutes ago, michu said:

GW never said that mercenary rules means anything else for those miniatures. And culling was announced. Timing was unexpected but not the act itself.

Sorry but i strongly disagree. The culling was very poorly executed to say the least.  The amount of models was huge and the last chance to buy was incredibly "stealthy". A lot of Modern plastics removed for no aparent reason made gw lose a lot of credibility imho.

The mercenary publication was very missleading. On the very least it was a huge internal blooper.

To me, and that is a personal opinion, GW lost a lot of credibility in this move and generated a lot of insecurity in the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was "stealthy" probably because it was caused by a lot of those miniatures being out of stock (Freeguild General was out of stock for at least 2 days before) - GW knew they're not going to replace them, so they can as well make the cull right now.

EDIT: As I said - I can agree that timing and execution wasn't perfect but you can't say you didn't expect the cull.

Edited by michu

4 minutes ago, michu said:

It was "stealthy" probably because it was caused by a lot of those miniatures being out of stock (Freeguild General was out of stock for at least 2 days before) - GW knew they're not going to replace them, so they can as well make the cull right now.

EDIT: As I said - I can agree that timing and execution wasn't perfect but you can't say you didn't expect the cull.

Oh, we all expected, but not on the scale it was done. Resigns, models no longer sold, sure.  Modern plastics? I didnt.

Warhammer community made it sound like we were losing a couple models, not the genocide that it was.

I recognize my bias regarding the situation, as the bulk of my collection was cut off, but still, the losses were much greater than antecipated.

That said, i dont want to flood the topic with my negativity towards this subject. I Still keep an eye out for CoS out of curiosity but it lost its purpose to me, that was a Hallowheart Alligeance so i could play my elves, but i am hopefull that the book will serve well my fellow "old world" army players.

Just now, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

I’m curious to know how involved the SCE will be since they are essentially integral to all the cities. Also heavily featured in the cover art. What roles do they fill? Does it depend on the city?

We don't know yet. Maybe they have warscrolls in the book itself, maybe they have a sidenote indicating which units can be used in a Cities list (like we see with Legions and Nighthaunt). Specific to certain cities? Unknown. Could be something no one predicts.

6 hours ago, Eevika said:

Its fool proof guys this is how we beat everyone. Trust me at the end you have a Gotrek with a 4+ rerollable save,  3++ save, 6++ save, 6++ save and a 6++ save. What can the enemy do?

Fun list. I am hoping that with the CoS book a similar but dwarf&mage rather than freeguild&mage based list will be possible. Might as well make 1 list that I can actually put an emerald lifeswarm into!

5 hours ago, Forrix said:

Cap the other objectives?

Skinks, lots and lots of skinks :)  

2 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

I’m curious to know how involved the SCE will be since they are essentially integral to all the cities. Also heavily featured in the cover art. What roles do they fill? Does it depend on the city?

I hope barely. Not because I hate Stormcast (though I do), but if they are, balancing the allegiances will need to factor in all the Stormcast Warscrolls, which will make it weaker for the units that need it.

On 9/15/2019 at 6:26 PM, Enochi said:

I think we should all keep in mind that we can still play straight Free People armies without a city alliance just as it was after Firestorm came out.... unless they go out of their way to dink the army, which is still possible I suppose.  Honestly the way they have handled the release of info has been complete bullsh*t and I encourage all of you to start posting on the Warhammer Age of Sigmar official Facebook page, complain about the mis-handling of the release and the dishonesty in announcing the battletome and then not release any news on release dates or data.