Crossposting from the rumour thread: Quick email update on the Battlemage/Empire Wizard box. The the service rep specifically saying to stay tuned to the community site for rereleased models plus the fact the wizards weren't put on last chance to buy with the other kits axed ahead of Cities of Sigmar could suggest the wizards will be coming back in a new box with the book's release. :) 

nBq0q8l.jpg

4 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Crossposting from the rumour thread: Quick email update on the Battlemage/Empire Wizard box. The the service rep specifically saying to stay tuned to the community site for rereleased models plus the fact the wizards weren't put on last chance to buy with the other kits axed ahead of Cities of Sigmar could suggest the wizards will be coming back in a new box with the book's release. :) 

nBq0q8l.jpg

It does imply this, though the earlier mail stated the sets were obsolete. We'll see what is right.

46 minutes ago, michu said:

The best thing for Battlemage rebox would be adding new sprues for Amber, Grey and Jade Wizards.

Actually, I think the best thing would be to condense the wizards, choosing only one option is a bit of a hassle. I am not very much into magic, but it seems that they are now all underpowered, but they do have a lot of options.

Hnnnn i think he is pretty overcosted,his cost would be around 350-400 

With that cost units as stardrake or alarielle do around the same damage,same wounds(if we take in count the 3++ would be around 13 wounds with 4 save).but those units have special rules as free sumon,spells and have a move of 12-16" 

Dont take me wrong,he is a beast,but 520 points is way way way overcosted for a model with 4" move

7 minutes ago, prochuvi said:

With that cost units as stardrake or alarielle do around the same damage,same wounds(if we take in count the 3++ would be around 13 wounds with 4 save).but those units have special rules as free sumon,spells and have a move of 12-16" 

Dont take me wrong,he is a beast,but 520 points is way way way overcosted for a model with 4" move

While his 4" move does suck he's still far more durable than both a stardrake or alarielle and he could easily kill both in one round of combat, In fact the only thing he couldn't outright kill in combat would be Morathi, but he'll more than likely outlast her either way.

6 minutes ago, prochuvi said:

He is actually effectively 24 wounds with a 4+ save, as his 3++ blocks 67% of damage. He also reduces damage of incoming attacks to one so this makes him more tanky against other heroes that do multiple damage etc. 

His average damage per combat phase is 33 wounds against a 4+ save.

Im not saying he is necessarily worth 520, particularly with that 4" move, but with the right delivery systemhe can certainly be effective with little support

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luke.w said:

Im not saying he is necessarily worth 520, particularly with that 4" move, but with the right delivery systemhe can certainly be effective with little support

What would you use? His rules states that you can't get him out of the table to deepstrike.

Regarding the release of CoS...

I have noticed that in the latest Forbidden Power Article on the Community site, it says

(...)We can’t wait to see more from Gordrakk and his Waaagh! in Battletome: Orruk Warclans later this year.(...)

This makes me believe that also CoS will not be around shortly, rather November or so. Apparently they have the same issues they had with Sylvaneth releases.

In the meantime we´ll be distracted by the Ossiarch Bonereapers and some 40k Psychic rules releases.

New article up on the community page about the bonereapers but at the end it says;

You’ll be able to order the first of the Ossiarch Bonereapers from October – Nagash waited for an aeon to unleash his creations, but you only have to wait a couple of months. Can’t wait for more goodness from the Mortal Realms? Don’t fret – before these guys arrive, both Order and Destruction aficionados will have a chance to bolster their defences with new battletomes coming in the next few weeks.

• LOVE IT! 1